Early Admission (MM/EMH/APEE) Super Thread

Hi, Just got back from our first trip to DL (we are WDW Vets). A couple of months ago while planning for the trip I had a question that I wasn't able to get a definitive answer on, so I thought I would report the outcome. We had purchased 4 day hopper passes, which included one Magic Morning.

We were staying on Disney property thee first 3 nights, but were then checking
out and going to LA for a couple days then returning to use our last day of our passes. We were NOT staying on Disney property that last day. I was unsure if our MM was going to be registered/used during the 3 first days of use while staying on Disney property and was confused if we were able to show up Sat morning to take advantage of the MM that came with our tickets.

While leaving the park on our 3rd day we had asked a cast member at the ticket turnstiles and she asked if we showed our room keys the first 3 days and if so, we shouldn't have a problem. After explaining the situation, she did write down our names, the day we were returning and said she would put us on the "exceptions list", so if for any reason our tickets did not allow us entry, we would just have to tell the cast member we were on the exceptions list.

When we showed up at 7 AM on that Sat, we had no issues at all, tickets worked perfectly. Hope this helps out anyone else that has a similar situation of splitting their stays at a Disney Hotel and Non Disney hotel :-)

THANK YOU Minniefan1! That is great info to pass along! I'm glad it all worked out for you!

I am a little confused how to handle this.

I am going next week Mon-Wed, we are offsite and don't have PH (planning 2 days DL, 1 day DCA). My question is do I give up the MM to avoid the EMH at DCA on Tues?

I am a little confused how to handle this.

I am going next week Mon-Wed, we are offsite and don't have PH (planning 2 days DL, 1 day DCA). My question is do I give up the MM to avoid the EMH at DCA on Tues?

DCA does not have EMH on Tuesdays. So I am confused what you are asking.

:wizard:

Basically, should I go to dca on Tues to avoid the EMH on mon/wed. This would mean skipping my MM at DL.

Normally I would say MM at DL is like gold and do not skip it. If the experience next week is like mine was last week, I saw much greater EMH/MM crowds than normal. If the crowds continue to be like that, then I would be tempted to skip MM and go to DCA that day. But only if you are an early arriver near the time of park opening.

Updated the OP with some small tweaks as well as some info about the Anna and Elsa FPs :thumbsup2

Quick question on the list in the first post. Princess Fantasy Faire is on the list of attractions possibly open during EE. When we did EE last December it was not open. Is that typical or did we just hit a bad day?

Quick question:
We are staying on property nov 22-23. I currently have Minnie's breakfast scheduled at 8:10 Saturday during the EE and MM. I've heard that Saturday EE isn't worth it because it's so crowded, is that still the case or should I move our breakfast closer to 9am? Thank you!

This is our first time at DL since MM/EMH was initiated. We are staying a GC and using military salute tickets. It clearly states online that MM are not attached to the Salute tickets, but since we are staying onsite, do we still get EMH? If so, how many and when do they occur? This is somewhat confusing since we go to WDW yearly and it's nothing like this from what I can tell.

TIA

This is our first time at DL since MM/EMH was initiated. We are staying a GC and using military salute tickets. It clearly states online that MM are not attached to the Salute tickets, but since we are staying onsite, do we still get EMH? If so, how many and when do they occur? This is somewhat confusing since we go to WDW yearly and it's nothing like this from what I can tell.

TIA

MM is not the same thing as EMH. Yes, you get them for staying at the GC. You will use your room key as your entrance proof for EMH. You get one every day of your stay - Disneyland is T/Th/Sat and California Adventure is M/W/F/Sun.

Hope that helps!

MM is not the same thing as EMH. Yes, you get them for staying at the GC. You will use your room key as your entrance proof for EMH. You get one every day of your stay - Disneyland is T/Th/Sat and California Adventure is M/W/F/Sun.

Hope that helps!

That helps tremendously! Thanks.

BTW what is MM and how does it differ from EMH? Just curious

That helps tremendously! Thanks.

MM is included in a 3 day or more ticket and is ONLY for Disneyland.

EMH is for hotel guests of the on site hotels ( DLH , PPH , GCH) and goes by the schedule as posted above unless a special event is planned where it might flip flop.

MM is included in a 3 day or more ticket and is ONLY for Disneyland.

EMH is for hotel guests of the on site hotels ( DLH , PPH , GCH) and goes by the schedule as posted above unless a special event is planned where it might flip flop.

More specifically, MM is for certain kinds of three day tickets. Historically military tickets did not qualify.

The OP does say this...

There are some exceptions such as Gay Day, military, and convention tickets, but most big name ticket sellers have MM eligible tickets (Disney, AAA, Costco, So. Cal City Pass, most online sources such as ARES Travel)

Am I right in saying that EMH at Disneyland is the same thing as MM at Disneyland?

EMH: you gain entrance to Disneyland one hour before everyone else (because of the hotel you stayed at.)
MM: you gain entrance to Disneyland one hour before everyone else (because it came with your ticket.)
*They both happen on the same day and time (For Disneyland) and once you are in the park no on knows who got in because of EHM and who got in because of MM.

With EMH you also get early entry to DCA on Sun Mon Wed Fri and you can go many times any time its available while MM you only get to pick one day and its only good for Disneyland.

Please correct me if I got it wrong.

Am I right in saying that EMH at Disneyland is the same thing as MM at Disneyland?

EMH: you gain entrance to Disneyland one hour before everyone else (because of the hotel you stayed at.)
MM: you gain entrance to Disneyland one hour before everyone else (because it came with your ticket.)
*They both happen on the same day and time (For Disneyland) and once you are in the park no on knows who got in because of EHM and who got in because of MM.

With EMH you also get early entry to DCA on Sun Mon Wed Fri and you can go many times any time its available while MM you only get to pick one day and its only good for Disneyland.

Please correct me if I got it wrong.

Yes that is what the OP says!

I'm pretty sure I don't even need to ask this, because this is directly from Disney website:

'The current Extra Magic Hour schedule allows registered Resort Hotel Guests access to one park on these select days:
Disneyland Park: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Disney California Adventure Park: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays'

So ... we're staying at Disneyland Hotel, does that mean on our first day (Monday) we can't select Disneyland to go for our first early hour, only CA? I thought you could choose any park any day. I guess I thought wrong! :confused3

I'm pretty sure I don't even need to ask this, because this is directly from Disney website:

'The current Extra Magic Hour schedule allows registered Resort Hotel Guests access to one park on these select days:
Disneyland Park: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Disney California Adventure Park: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays'

So ... we're staying at Disneyland Hotel, does that mean on our first day (Monday) we can't select Disneyland to go for our first early hour, only CA? I thought you could choose any park any day. I guess I thought wrong! :confused3

Yep. You thought wrong. If you wanted to start in DL on Monday I would either skip EMH that day, or go for the first half of EMH in DCA and then line up at DL gates for regular opening.

-Peter Pan's Flight
-Dumbo
-Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
-Alice in Wonderland
-Mad Tea Party
-Matterhorn Bobsleds
-King Arthur Carousel
-Snow White's Scary Adventures
-Pinocchio's Daring Journey
-Sleeping Beauty's Castle Walkthrough
-It's a Small World Holiday (only November-January)
-Princess Fantasy Faire
-Space Mountain
-Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters
-Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
-Star Tours
-Astro Orbitor

Is this list still more or less accurate? I will be traveling with someone who has no interest in Fantasyland dark rides, Space Mountain, Star Tours, or Buzz Lightyear. Normally I love Magic Morning, but I'm not so sure about it for this trip... (The only day we'll be able to do Magic Morning is our third day in the parks with hours from 8-midnight, so we might be a bit tired for it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter