NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

Waiting as well! I've planned an Alaskan cruise for this summer, but unfortunately we will have to postpone for a year. I booked a concierge room, so I can't get my deposit refunded, but I can apply it toward another cruise if I change it by early March!! I've been checking the website every morning!

At the beginning of the thread I have a post where I collected all the historical announcement days and if you just look at the summer release dates, most of them were later than February:

Summer 2018 - February 21, 2017
Summer 2017 - April 12, 2016
Summer 2016 - March 24, 2015
Summer 2015 - March 25, 2014

It was only last year that they released them so early. Before 2015 there was a different release schedule, so those older dates are not that helpful.

Waiting as well! I've planned an Alaskan cruise for this summer, but unfortunately we will have to postpone for a year. I booked a concierge room, so I can't get my deposit refunded, but I can apply it toward another cruise if I change it by early March!! I've been checking the website every morning!

If they don't release the cruises before the date when you can still change your reservation, you could always look into "parking" your reservation on an interim cruise: Just move the booking to a cruise later in 2018 or in early 2019, keep your deposit, and then when the new cruises are being released you can move that cruise onto Alaska 2019. With a regular booking you can move it multiple times and I would think the same applies for concierge bookings, but better check that there are more than one change allowed.

At the beginning of the thread I have a post where I collected all the historical announcement days and if you just look at the summer release dates, most of them were later than February:

Summer 2018 - February 21, 2017
Summer 2017 - April 12, 2016
Summer 2016 - March 24, 2015
Summer 2015 - March 25, 2014

It was only last year that they released them so early. Before 2015 there was a different release schedule, so those older dates are not that helpful.

I'd say good chance it could be another month. ouch.

I'm curious why you have to change by March. I knew the deposits weren't refundable, but I though you could move the money around as much as you wanted.

Any ideas if Disney posts before or after competitors?
For example do they post after (insert competitor)because they’re less expensive and by the time Disney posts their prices might be nearly comparable?
Do they hold out because they’re unable to secure ports?
Do they have difficulty finding ports because there aren’t enough places to park large ships? Are there places the Magic in the Wonder can port that the Fantasy and Dream would not be able to currently?

Any ideas if Disney posts before or after competitors?
For example do they post after (insert competitor)because they’re less expensive and by the time Disney posts their prices might be nearly comparable?
Do they hold out because they’re unable to secure ports?
Do they have difficulty finding ports because there aren’t enough places to park large ships? Are there places the Magic in the Wonder can port that the Fantasy and Dream would not be able to currently?
They usually post after.

Competitors prices are never comparable. A cruise on NCL or Royal or Carnival will never reach DCL's opening day pricing. I don't think DCL cares about it's competitors or what they are doing.

I've heard people say the big ships can't port in Alaska, but NCL is launching a new ship in Alaska that's huge, and it actually has a go cart track on the top of it. It looks like such a fun ship it makes me want to go back to Alaska. NCl, and Royal have huge ships in Europe and the Caribbean so I don't think ship size is an issue.
As far as securing ports...who knows.

They usually post after.

Competitors prices are never comparable. A cruise on NCL or Royal or Carnival will never reach DCL's opening day pricing. I don't think DCL cares about it's competitors or what they are doing.

I've heard people say the big ships can't port in Alaska, but NCL is launching a new ship in Alaska that's huge, and it actually has a go cart track on the top of it. It looks like such a fun ship it makes me want to go back to Alaska. NCl, and Royal have huge ships in Europe and the Caribbean so I don't think ship size is an issue.
As far as securing ports...who knows.
Thank you for all the thought you put into your answer for me. I agree with you about pricing, that is what I expected.
I too want to go back to Alaska with my parents I just have to keep it at $5000 for 4 people. But I couldn’t keep it at that price in 2016 and went $2000 over budget. So I may have to consider some other line for 2019.

If they don't release the cruises before the date when you can still change your reservation, you could always look into "parking" your reservation on an interim cruise: Just move the booking to a cruise later in 2018 or in early 2019, keep your deposit, and then when the new cruises are being released you can move that cruise onto Alaska 2019. With a regular booking you can move it multiple times and I would think the same applies for concierge bookings, but better check that there are more than one change allowed.

Good to know, I’ll check into that next week if there are still no updates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter