NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

Well, with the remainder of 2018 out, looks like attention focuses here now. See y'all in October!

I edited the first post to reflect the change in release schedule that happend with the Fall 2018 release with Thursday being the release day and Monday being the day of start of booking. This also brings the release days a little forward as the dates I had were all Tuesdays, now it is Thursday the week before, so my new guesses are as follows:

Winter 2019: anytime between September 28, 2017 and November 9, 2017
Summer 2019: anytime between Fenruary 15, 2018 and April 5, 2018
Fall 2018: anytime between May 10, 2018 and May 17, 2018

I have to say that I am quite happy that my guess for Fall 2017 was quite good. Booking is going to start in calendar week 20 and that is the week that I predicted. I have to admit that I never thought that Disney would finally deviate from their stupid schedule of releasing itineraries just one day before booking starts. But the new schedule is good news, so I am happy to have been wrong about this!

I will also add the one 1/3/2018 Wonder cruise at the beginning of the thread as well as the home ports where the different ships end 2018 over the weekend.

Have fun waiting, I don't expect a lot to happen between now and September.

I'm so grateful for your awesome effort that I've been ignoring the typo, because I don't want to criticize you in any way, but it's been a while and you haven't caught it...

Winter 2019: anytime between September 28, 2017 and November 9, 2017
Summer 2019: anytime between Fenruary 15, 2018 and April 5, 2018
Fall 2018: anytime between May 10, 2018 and May 17, 2018

But THANK YOU for providing this gauge, it's been a real help to not freak out and try to figure it out myself every time I want to know what to expect.

Thank you! I'm going to be placing a placeholder deposit next week which will be burning a hole in my pocket until the dates come out.

We're hoping to book the 2018 WBTA, then a Med cruise for summer 2019.

I'm in two minds though if we should been the Med cruise on opening day (we're only silver level having only taken one cruise so far) or waiting until we're on board the 2018WBTA & booking for 2019 then. Will the prices go up by more than the value of the OBB discount between opening day & September 2018?

Any advice?

We're hoping to book the 2018 WBTA, then a Med cruise for summer 2019.

I'm in two minds though if we should been the Med cruise on opening day (we're only silver level having only taken one cruise so far) or waiting until we're on board the 2018WBTA & booking for 2019 then. Will the prices go up by more than the value of the OBB discount between opening day & September 2018?

Any advice?

You can always book it and then reshop on board to see if you get a better deal (taking the OBC into account as well). They don't force you to purchase a cruise if you talk to them on board. :)

You can always book it and then reshop on board to see if you get a better deal (taking the OBC into account as well). They don't force you to purchase a cruise if you talk to them on board. :)

I wouldn't have thought of that - I didn't realise I could book it & then re-book for a lower price on board.
Thanks

I wouldn't have thought of that - I didn't realise I could book it & then re-book for a lower price on board.
Thanks

You're welcome! Yeah, people reshop their cruises a lot. Sometimes you save money, and other times even with the OBC you don't really gain anything by doing it.

One thing to note - if you book the cabin on your own and reshop it, they can get you the same cabin immediately. If you go through a travel agent, the OB person would have to book you into a different cabin and your agent would need to take care of cancelling the other reservation and changing the cabin.

Oh! And also, you'd need to put down a new deposit - they can't (unless it has changed very recently) move the deposit over. What I usually do is put enough for the the deposit (plus a little more just in case) on a Disney gift card and use that for on board. Then when the refund of the other one hits my account, since I haven't had that money for a while, unless there is something very pressing that I need it for, I'll just pay that exact amount into the new reservation so I'm that much closer to being PIF. Does that make sense?

Th
You're welcome! Yeah, people reshop their cruises a lot. Sometimes you save money, and other times even with the OBC you don't really gain anything by doing it.

One thing to note - if you book the cabin on your own and reshop it, they can get you the same cabin immediately. If you go through a travel agent, the OB person would have to book you into a different cabin and your agent would need to take care of cancelling the other reservation and changing the cabin.

Oh! And also, you'd need to put down a new deposit - they can't (unless it has changed very recently) move the deposit over. What I usually do is put enough for the the deposit (plus a little more just in case) on a Disney gift card and use that for on board. Then when the refund of the other one hits my account, since I haven't had that money for a while, unless there is something very pressing that I need it for, I'll just pay that exact amount into the new reservation so I'm that much closer to being PIF. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the advice. We're based in the UK, so the Disney Gift Cards aren't available over here - I tend to squirrel the money away in a savings account until it comes time to pay for the next Disney trip.

Th

Thanks for the advice. We're based in the UK, so the Disney Gift Cards aren't available over here - I tend to squirrel the money away in a savings account until it comes time to pay for the next Disney trip.

I guess if you really wanted to, you could buy that amount of onboard credit and get a gift card in the gift shop. But yeah, your way probably works just as well. :)

Since this was my first time to book as Platinum, I was thrilled with the new booking schedule--if only they would give us some pricing at the same time--but I know they want the flexibility to up the prices at any moment.

Since this was my first time to book as Platinum, I was thrilled with the new booking schedule--if only they would give us some pricing at the same time--but I know they want the flexibility to up the prices at any moment.

I was stunned at some of the pricing -- especially for the 4, 5 and 6 night Bermuda and Canada cruises. It amounts to almost $600/night in some categories. We got price quotes for the 5 and 6 night Bermuda -- but at over $3,800 for two of us for only 6 nights -- it's almost $2,000 more than we paid on NCL for 7-nights -- and that included a beverage package! no thanks :worried:

Am I totally nuts or didn't they used to put out the "starting at" on at least some of the itineraries before you could book? I may be nuts...

Am I totally nuts or didn't they used to put out the "starting at" on at least some of the itineraries before you could book? I may be nuts...

I agree -- I remember seeing that on past itinerary notices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!