Earliest PTR Ever! dream, fantasy or reality? Who knows!?!

Pesky

"Who's the monkey?!"
When: Christmas 2015!!!!! (told you it was early)

Cast:
FIL: this is all his fault. Veteran cruiser mostly with HAL and Cunard. His sole bucket list item is to take a family cruise with all his kids, their spouses and grandkids.
MIL: another veteran cruiser but cognizant of the burden this cruise will place on us.
DH: leaves the room when I watch my Disney stuff or start to talk about our Disney vacations. Eye rolls when I dragged him and our VERY excited kids to the recently opened Disney Store (which rocked, BTW). Also not excited about spending a ton of cash on a cruise.
Me: Dreaming of multiple idyllic family vacations to the land of Mouse both in FL and CA. Imagining my kids' reactions and wanting to see DD go and be a princess (her new career ambition) before she grows out of that phase. Prone to motion sickness and last 2 hour cruise in Istanbul, came back with mal du debarquement syndrome (felt like I was still on a boat for a month and a half). Hence, not keen on cruising. DH and I have 2 children, DD and DS (see sig).
DH's bro (BIL) and SIL: both in entertainment and their schedule is driving this thing. They can only guaranty availability at Christmas, the MOST expensive cruising time. They have one DD who is a bit older than my 2. All cool with the cruising idea.
DH's sister (SIL) and BIL: trying hard to have kids and may be bringing infants or toddlers on board. We can't book next year because they aren't sure they will be pg or not or able to cruise. We're happy to wait for that reason if we get a new niece or nephew! They are cool with the cruising idea.

I've been pricing a cruise for Christmas, using 2013 as a guesstimate for costs in the future. And it is VERY expensive for a family of 4, especially when you tack on airfare and hotel. DH was not keen on the costs. FIL wants a 7 night cruise too which ups the costs. DH and I were having a hard time justifying and spending that much on a cruise even in a few years as it would mean zero vacations otherwise.

Cast of characters in this brief opening romantic comedy:

DH: the non-Disney lover but tolerates his wife's fanaticism

Me: Already a little :sick: at the thought of being on a boat again but still planning DLR next year and looking into WDW in 4 (with smaller family vacations thrown in).

Not appearing but factoring in, FIL, who is driving this whole cruise thing; BIL and SIL who are driving the scheduling; SIL and BIL whose baby-making plans hopefully mean that we will need a nursery.

Backdrop: we have looked into the Disney Christmas cruise as it is one of the more child-friendly lines but the price for what FIL wants (7 night cruise) is outrageous at Christmas. But so far we are the only ones balking right now (and would be paying the most).

Last night's dinner conversation:

DH: You know what [neighbor] said made a lot of sense. I think we should look at doing the cruise but only the 4 night Bahamas one.

Me: Not that excited about Bahamas. And your dad wants 7 nights.

DH: I know but it'll be a lot cheaper, we could afford it then most likely and then we can tack on 3 or 4 days at WDW. Maybe we even go before the cruise too and do a couple days on our own in the parks.

Me: Uh, really? That's what you want to do?

DH: Yeah! It'll cost a bit less as the longer cruise and we get some time in the parks like we want. That'll be a lot better.

Me: you know I'm still planning on doing the big WDW trip in 2016 though, right?

DH: Sure. But we'll do a little bit around the cruise too.

:woohoo:

I knew showing him that show about hidden parks of WDW would pay off.

Coming Up: The ILs visit Will FIL agree to 4 nights? Will they embrace or reject the Bahamas? Will FIL reject the Mouse entirely? Will we simply say screw it and revive Caribbean piracy? Only time will tell so tune into the next installment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter