E TN Smoky Mountain Meet?

Decorated_Dust

Live from the Magical World within my brain...
Hey all! It's been a while since I've been back here, but during the last live show, I got the idea to try a meet in Nashville. There were several interested parties in the chat, and I thought Nashville would be a good central location for the Bible Belt DISers. They also have their own Gaylord hotel, and I'm sure Pete with like that with how much the Gaylord Palms is (was?) raved about.

It will have to be in 2014, since that is when I will be graduated (God willing) and thereby less busy. I would also need someone who knows the area better than me to help plan it. I live in Knoxville, and although the mountains would be a good draw for a meet, it might be a little too far for some folks. However, if the Pigeon Forge area is seen as a better choice, I would not opposed to that, especially since it is closer to me personally and I know the area better. Also, please someone tell me if this has been done already. I have not listened in several years due to being extremely busy with school, so I have not been up on where people have met.

On a personal note, I am dying to see/meet all the Tennessee DISers who were so helpful and supportive when I was moving up here. Debilitating shyness and grad school/work drama kept me from taking steps to meet up before, but now I want to rectify that. If I can get enough folks on board, I want to start calling around looking for ways to raise money (benefit concert with Dustin? Belcourt movie night?).

I'm in western Kentucky and I would absolutely come to a Nashville meet. I'm ridiculously shy and heartbreakingly awkward too :). But I'm going to the Indy meet this weekend, so hopefully I'll get over that.

Anyway, if there is a Nashville meet, I'd do whatever I could to help.

I just found out there was already a Nashville meet, so I thought it might be fun to try for the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. Maybe even Townsend, if we want to connect more to the mountains than to the tourist traps.

Would love to help with an East Tennessee meet. Would come to a Nashville meet but my resources are much more limited in the middle of the state.

I vote east TN. I'm in east KY, and east TN may be close enough for me to drive by myself w/o having to convince DH to drive me.

Yay Jack! When do you think is the best time? I'm thinking anytime off-season, but still in spring. For raising money, we could do a silent auction, or a sponsored hike. It feels right to do something nature-related.

I'm so glad there is interest in coming east. I love Nashville, but I don't know what my status will be. I don't get to go to the mountains nearly enough.

One of the biggest fundraisers of the season (Friends of the Smokies) is the third week of January. If we shot for late March or early April we should be able to find something. The weather would also be better.

I'm in Knoxville and definitely interested. Tried to make Indy work this weekend, but no luck.

Jack, hearing you on the show always makes me go "Hey, maybe I'm not the only DISser in Knoxville!"

I'm in Knoxville and definitely interested. Tried to make Indy work this weekend, but no luck.

Jack, hearing you on the show always makes me go "Hey, maybe I'm not the only DISser in Knoxville!"

You aren't! Not by a long shot.

March/April works for me.:thumbsup2
I can't do a hike [not won't - can't]

Knoxville is about 2 hrs away.

I think early April should be perfect! I think by then spring breaks are mostly finished, so it should be less crazy. The flowers should be in bloom then, too.

Can I also make an executive decision and say we will not go near Ripley's Aquarium? I find that place to be a rip off. However, I'm game for any other location.

Sporadic poster, podcast hardcore listener & Chattanoogan here..I would love to get in for a meet up! Was just looking at the GKTW site and tearing up over it (every time) & started thinking how I could incorporate it into my Christmas gifts this year. That said, I'd so love to help!

Any news on getting a meet together? :confused3

Thinking of planning a family mini-vacation around it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter