• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

E-Ticket vs "Regular" tickets

MaryAnnDVC

"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
Just noticed that our tickets (which came in the mail from Delta in MARCH) are actually E-Tickets. What's the difference?? What will be different on arrival at the airport?

Really, nothing will be different. Just check in as you usually do.

I actually prefer E-tickets (over paper tickets) because there is nothing (no piece of paper) to lose or misplace. I do bring a copy of the E-ticket itinerary or receipt with me, but have never actually needed it. I just hand my photo ID to the agent at check in and tell them what flight I am on. He/She prints up my boarding pass and checks any luggage I may have.

Sometimes I use the "self-serve" check in kiosks and all goes well there, too. Quick and easy!

Unless you are flying on a refundable (full fare) coach ticket and your flight is cancelled, there isn't any advanatage to having a paper ticket. Most airlines now charge extra if you insist on getting one.

Many airlines are going to begin charging for paper tickets in 2003 -- another revenue generator, in addition to charges for extra bags, heavy bags, changes, stand by, etc. Anything for another buck or two.

Make sure you have a printed copy of your entire flight itinerary with you when you check in. I've never really needed it, except to refer to in order to tell the agent which flight # I am on. You'll need your photo ID.

I fly United out of Chicago O'Hare a lot and use their E-Z Check-in. Walk up to a kiosk, slide your credit card in and punch a few buttons. Usually in less than a minute I have my boarding pass. In another minute my luggage is tagged and checked and I am heading to the gate. Goodbye LONG lines and Long waits to get a boarding pass. I love e-tickets! Best thing since sliced bread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter