• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

E-Ride Night

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
If there is an e-ride night whilst I am staying at WDW are the restuarants open? I want to go to Liberty Tree Tavern for Dinner but want a PS for 6.00pm but I have a sneaky that the park will be closing at 7.00 at the latest whilst I'm there. So thought I could go on e-ride night?
Any ideas?

Hi Sam - no the main restaurants don't remain open on e-night. There are places open for refreshments near the e-night rides e.g. - the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland but not many.

Sam..not sure when you are there..but these are the E Ride dates..HTH

May E-Ride Nights
May 6 ( 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.)
May 10 ( 9 p.m. - 12 a.m.)
May 13 (7 pm. - 10 p.m.)
May 17 (9 - p.m. - 12 a.m.)
May 20 ( 8 p.m. - 11 p.m.)
May 24 ( 9 p.m. - 12 a.m.)
May 28 ( 8 p.m. - 11 p.m.)
31 (9 p.m. - 12 a.m.)

Shirley
Just wanted to bump this up as I thought everyone should know that I have made a PS at the Liberty Tree Tavern for 8.00pm on an E-ride night so I guess that means that some of the main restaurants are open. I also read on the DIS Restaurants board that someone else has made a PS for Dinner at Cindys on an e-ride night so get booking for your e-ride night although you may want to monitor what you eat before you go on BTM or SpaceM ;)

Hey Sam thanks for that - what time is the park closing that evening? Is the PS after park close?
Sorry if I misled you - the E-ride leaflet from last year lists the places open for refreshment and none of the main restaurants are listed. Also, when I attended e-night, some areas were closed off.

Hey Shirley
The park is closing at 7.00pm the night that we're going and I have PS for 8.00 at Liberty Treee Tavern and the E-night is on from 7.00 'til 10.00. I'm really pleased as I didn't want to have an early dinner in MK and I'm really looking forward to Liberty Tree Tavern.

Is it true you have to stay onsite to use E-night and if so, if your not staying on-site would it make sense to avoid that park in the late afternoon to miss the crowds waiting for E-night?

henrydog
Yes unfortunately you do have to stay on-site to be eligible for E-ride night but I'm sorry I have no idea what the crowds will be like but if everyone is following what I'm doing I'm only planning on getting there 15 mins before the official park closing time.

Hi Henrydog - the numbers for e-night don't make a significant difference to the crowds- rumour has it that they sell a maximum of 5,000 e-tickets. We hopped to MK at about 5.00pm to exchange our vouchers but could have arrived later but we wanted to eat there early. Also, since the e-rides are for the most part, the most popular rides e.g. Splash, BTMR, Space, Haunted Mansion & Buzz, e-ticket holders won't bother waiting in line for those rides during regular park hours.

e ride was brilliant - we'd do it again like a shot!

Sam - your PS is interesting as, like Shirley, I always thought the main restaurants closed but some snack places remained open.

If you're planning on getting to the park just before 'normal' closing, do you know that your PS will allow you stay in the park without an e-night wristband? I assume it does, and that's why they check wristbands at each of the rides, rather than just in the park generally.

Definitely worth remembering this tip, as it effectively gives you a longer day enjoying the park without feeling you're 'wasting' ride time (unless you'd rather be doing the e-night rides!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter