E is Three! A Tale of Food Poisoning, Hurricane Irma and Ever Changing Plans! Completed 2/7

I love your AK morning Photopass pictures of all three of you! Sooooo cute!

I am glad that you got to extend you trip after the hurricane!

I love your AK morning Photopass pictures of all three of you! Sooooo cute!

Thank you! Turns out DD is great at posing for photos! Made that Memory Maker a must have from now on!

I am glad that you got to extend you trip after the hurricane!

I was too! It did, however, make me want 10 days for all our future trips.

We took another Minnie Van, which we were loving and we got to AK close to 8 AM and there was already quite a few folks waiting.
I want to take the Minnie Vans just once. at least.. I am sure a lot of people were itchy to get out of there hotel rooms!

THis was in front of us and there was the same amount of people behind us.
YUK-O!

I know we lost two park days but let’s be civilized. I mean a woman actually pushed my stroller… I may have run over her foot soon after, but that is neither here nor there.
Why do people need to be this way!?! It's just a ride, people relax!

We rode Na’vi which was cool, but since I had no context I had no idea what we were looking at.
If it makes you feel any better. I watched the movie and still barely knew what I was looking at.

38987767764_7eacf822e0.jpg
E is a little cuddlier...

So cute! You should make this your annual pic!

I stopped writing it and now I can hardly recall where we went or what we did.
This is my problem as well. I need to finish my report before we leave, otherwise I am going to blend them together.

So cute with both DUCKS!!!! Love.

Nothing cuter than the kissing Mickey's nose pics! Hope they clean that nose well!

I want to take the Minnie Vans just once. at least.. I am sure a lot of people were itchy to get out of there hotel rooms!

Loved the Minnie Vans! It’s pricey, especially when a regular LYFT is like $5. But for the longer trips, like WL to AK, the $20 isn’t terrible and they have car seats for the kiddo. Plus they’re adorable!

YUK-O!

I know! I thought it was so weird that we just stood there after they opened the gates. Probably from the storm.

Why do people need to be this way!?! It's just a ride, people relax!

Exactly! Plus, for the cost of WDW I’m gonna do my best to be happy and enjoy myself!

If it makes you feel any better. I watched the movie and still barely knew what I was looking at.

:rotfl2:

E is a little cuddlier...

Honestly, she’s really not generally. The face hugs became a thing during the trip. She loves taking pictures though, and she likes to “look cute” in them... I’m in so much trouble with her.

So cute! You should make this your annual pic!

That’s what DH said too!

This is my problem as well. I need to finish my report before we leave, otherwise I am going to blend them together.

You did it! Gives me hope for my own TR, lol!

So cute with both DUCKS!!!! Love.

It was such a treat!

Nothing cuter than the kissing Mickey's nose pics! Hope they clean that nose well!

Lol! We all got a bad cold day the day we fly home, but I’m blaming the airlines; those adorable noses can do no wrong.:mickeyjum

IN OTHER NEWS:

My mother randomly purchased 200 points at Copper Creek DVC!!!

Seriously though. LIke I said in the report she went on a tour. Well I connected her with my DVC guy and he emailed her some info. Turns out she jumped on it cause
1. She got 2017 pricing
2. She got point starting in Aug 2017
3. She saved $2500 on top of getting the pricing special

so you know what that means...

lee-dewyze-disney-world.jpg

THIS YEAR!!!!

We are officially booked for September 8-15th at a two bedroom Villa in Copper Creek!!

tumblr_m7s3qmS71A1qhoo82.gif

We are going to celebrate DD's 4th birthday there (do I see a traditional visit in the works?!) That's all I really got on it for now, I may do a PTR but if things continue as they are I may not have time. We shall see.
Promise I'll get another updates on here, only a few more days to report on!

Be well my friends! TTFN!

I love staying in two bedroom villas. The full kitchen, washer, dryer and living room are great to have with families. Will it be just the four of you?

I love staying in two bedroom villas. The full kitchen, washer, dryer and living room are great to have with families. Will it be just the four of you?

It does look like an incredible space, maybe too much even. My sister, who live in Orlando, heard about the DVC and wanted to stay with us the entire trip this time! So since she and mom don't want to share a bed we decided on the two bedroom instead of the one. My mom was very clear that she purchased the amount she purchased so she can sleep in her own room; we like our privacy in this clan!

I'm still looking into all the amenities with DVC. It's something I always considered but other stuff always got in the way of putting that down payment down. I know Mousekeeping doesn't come every day, but I need to find out about stuff like dishes and soap, are the faucets filtered, stuff like that. Lots of research to do!

I just discovered your report and binge-read it while avoiding studying. I guess I'm coming in pretty late in the game, but better late than never! Your Elora is quite possibly the most precious thing I've ever seen! What a whirlwind of a trip this has been soo far!

Good thing our buddy Goofy called, cause she woke right up for him!
I totally forgot to schedule wake up calls for our trip. I need to do that this year.

the boat to Contemporary was up and running!
May have to try this in the future. The bus worked well except for EMH morning. But DH loves the boat so we may just stick with it from now on!

As luck would have it Peter was out and still meeting guests!
Love it. It had been in my plans but it didn’t work out for us.

Thinking fast DH grabbed the ziplock I brought a change of clothes for DD in and handed it to me. I won't describe the rest.
Oh no. I don’t know what it is about Disney but I definitely felt nauseous a few times on our trip and I’ve read of a few others who’ve experienced this, as well!

We did use our Fast pass for Barnstormer. Elora was not a fan, she said it “hurt her body” and wasn't fun like the Dwarfs, it would be out last ride on Barnstormer.
Interesting! Will loved Barnstormer but was too short for 7D. This year he is all about trying 7D but I’ve been worried he won’t like it. But maybe I shouldn’t worry. I need a roller coaster partner!

we got in line for a Photo with the Herse.

Love it!

We also took this:

Very nice!

I woke Elora just as the The Horseman walked, thankfully, and Elora was blown away. She kept shouting “where’s his head?! What happened to his head?!” Elora must have asked me 100 times.
I thought he was part of the parade? At least he was like 10 years ago...the last time I wa at Disney during Halloween. We are now booked for October 2018 and planning to do a party so I need to do some research!

I was able to stop for this beauty:

❤️❤️

And then we decided to make one last stop before we went back home…

Nice!

Last edited:
We spent the ride talking about how great DVC is and how we gotta buy into it. They weren’t able to actually go into the cabins since they were being sand bagged in preparation for Iram’s visit. Mom is likely gonna out in a down payment in the new year. She has no idea where, or how many or anything. So we’re gonna chat about it when she visits us over her winter break. DH wants in too, but we won’t be able to swing it until after we buy our house up here, and a new car… adulting sucks.
Remember to check resale!

Food came out soon after and was AMAZING. Totally worth the wait.
I plan to do this one in the next few years.

We took a bathroom break and DH stopped to have his glasses cleaned, which he loves doing.
Please explain the cleaning of the glasses.

I took DD to see the birds in the Enchanted Tiki Room
We will do this in June. We missed it last year and there are rumors of its demise....

All she wanted to do was play, and she would not leave!
I really don’t like some of the interactive queues for this reason!

We crossed over to meet Donald next.
Need to do this one!

I was honestly really bummed. We were looking at two days confined to the hotel, no outdoor time, and then a flight home. Not how I wanted to do things.
:(

On the way we saw that the Country Bears and Brer Bear were in our hotel!!! We stopped and played a minute, even DH came to meet us.
How cool!

I mean a woman actually pushed my stroller… I may have run over her foot soon after, but that is neither here nor there.
No shame, mama. I’d have done the same!

Stopped for an adorable photo shoot. This kid is such a ham!
So cute!

This place will be a favorite QS of mine for years to come.
I loved it in June!

Kat took E on Astro Orbiter
Love the view! And I do have a fear of heights. But it’s worth it...especially at night!

E danced with some of the performers
The boys did this before our ADR in 2016.

We got seated in the smaller room to the left of the buffet.
Same!

That arena is really poorly designed.
You can say that again!

I just discovered your report and binge-read it while avoiding studying. I guess I'm coming in pretty late in the game, but better late than never! Your Elora is quite possibly the most precious thing I've ever seen! What a whirlwind of a trip this has been soo far!

Hello and :welcome: Thanks for joining in! Thanks for saying that about Elora, she's precious, when she chooses to be, the little punk. It was a whirlwind, from start to finish! NOthing like a hurricane to throw ya for a loop!

I totally forgot to schedule wake up calls for our trip. I need to do that this year.

I only did it that one day, but looking back I wish I'd done it everyday. She was such a pain to get out of bed a few times, maybe a call from a friend would be helpful...???

May have to try this in the future. The bus worked well except for EMH morning. But DH loves the boat so we may just stick with it from now on!

It was a bit of a trek to MK, DH was not psyched to start the day walking, then be walking all day, lazy man. I think if we boat to Contemporary again we will take the Monorail to MK. It's just more fun! We avoided the bus to MK at all costs, lol!

Love it. It had been in my plans but it didn’t work out for us.

It was a nice little surprise meet and greet; we'd not planned to meet him, but he was there at the right time.

Oh no. I don’t know what it is about Disney but I definitely felt nauseous a few times on our trip and I’ve read of a few others who’ve experienced this, as well!

DH said he thought maybe I was dehydrated and then I had booze and rich food, which is not the norm for us at home. Either way, I wouldn't wish tyhat experience/feeling on anyone.

Interesting! Will loved Barnstormer but was too short for 7D. This year he is all about trying 7D but I’ve been worried he won’t like it. But maybe I shouldn’t worry. I need a roller coaster partner!

If he liked Barnstormer I'd say 7D will be fine! DD hated Barnstormer, but we rode 7D like 10 times. I think he'll love 7D.

Love it!

Very nice!

:love:

I thought he was part of the parade? At least he was like 10 years ago...the last time I wa at Disney during Halloween. We are now booked for October 2018 and planning to do a party so I need to do some research!

He is! He comes out like 10-15 minutes before the start pf the parade, weather permitting. This night it'd rained a touch, but it managed to clear up enough that he came out. I can't seem to do this party correctly though; we're skipping it this year. Research!

❤️❤️

Nice!

Thanks!

Remember to check resale!

Too late! lol! Mom totally just bought it, outta the blue really.

I plan to do this one in the next few years.

Such a great experience! We're gonna do it again this year!

Please explain the cleaning of the glasses.

I really can't, lol! Just a weird quirk of DHs. There's a sunglasses store next to the bathrooms in Adventureland and he stopped so they could spray and clean his glasses. Every time we see a glasses store he stops for this.

We will do this in June. We missed it last year and there are rumors of its demise....

WHAT?!? I hope it's not taken down! It's an original attraction. Honestly, I didn't like it until E liked it, but I'd be really sad if they took it out; she really loves that song and sings it to this day!

I really don’t like some of the interactive queues for this reason!

It's a great idea, honest, kids need to be occupied but sometimes it seems to make things take a lot longer. I can't tell you how many times we stood in line and then suddenly moved forward like 20 feet cause someone was stopped playing in the queue.

Need to do this one!

SOOOO Cute! Both meets here were adorable.

:(

THings turned around though! LOL!

How cool!

RIGHT?!? It was so cool! Elora was like beside herself.

No shame, mama. I’d have done the same!

THank you! I just don't get that. We all paid the same price, planned ahead, calm it down!

So cute!

She is such a hambone.

I loved it in June!

It's really the best, and a great value, especially for paying OOP.

Love the view! And I do have a fear of heights. But it’s worth it...especially at night!

DH loves it too, I can't do it. I start to flip out. DH and I did it in 2012... Never again

The boys did this before our ADR in 2016.

It's a great little time waster, and they burn some energy before being sorta seated for a while. The performers here are incredible.

Same!

:thumbsup2

You can say that again!

For as long as it took them to get that show rolling, I was not impressed. :confused3

:jumping1: Admittedly, my mom is nuts. I mean who just decides to buy DVC? Then she emails me that I'm on the contract, so I have all planning abilities, and asks me to "see hwat it's all about." THank goodness for the DISboards I'd be so lost. And now we're neighbors!! :banana::disrocks:

DH said he thought maybe I was dehydrated and then I had booze and rich food, which is not the norm for us at home. Either way, I wouldn't wish tyhat experience/feeling on anyone.
I definitely think it was dehydration and booze for me. If I’d had rich food I might have tossed my cookies too. Next time, I vow to drink more water in between booze!

Admittedly, my mom is nuts. I mean who just decides to buy DVC? Then she emails me that I'm on the contract, so I have all planning abilities, and asks me to "see hwat it's all about." THank goodness for the DISboards I'd be so lost. And now we're neighbors!! :banana::disrocks:
So fun! And yes, howdy neighbor! :)

I definitely think it was dehydration and booze for me. If I’d had rich food I might have tossed my cookies too. Next time, I vow to drink more water in between booze!

I agree! THe heat and humidity down there are overwhelming, combine that with little water, booze and food, I was done. More water, more rest!

So fun! And yes, howdy neighbor! :)

:wave2:

Our Last Park Day

This morning I woke up and my mom had already left the room to go to the Lounge for coffee. Gotta say, Club Level is really a lovely benefit. We’re talking about a stay at AKL Club Level, just hanging at the resort and doing AK for a long weekend. I had no idea, but you can use DVC points for that! I’m getting ahead of myself. I got up, and cleaned up a bit. Even though we’d set DH home with a large portion of our stuff, we’d somehow managed to retain a great deal of it…

Mom returned soon after with coffee and treats! We enjoyed them for a minute on our balcony and chatted about what we’d do this day. I guess we were being noisy cause Elora woke up and told us to be quiet cause she was sleeping. I asked if she wanted to go to Magic Kingdom or go back to sleep, and I was kinda surprised she said Magic Kingdom, lol!

We got dressed and headed out the door to the boat dock.

We managed to make rope drop and watched the Welcome Show again, but this time from the side, cause we’d seen it and it was just ok. We went straight back to see our buddy Pooh Bear!

Getting Elora out of that little house took forever!!! But mom and I agreed, we’d stick to E’s pace this day and do what she wanted. After we bounced in our honey pots we took a ride on our favorite, 7DMT, if you’re counting this was our 5th time riding, and would not be our last!

After our ride through the mines we went over to for a ride on the carousel. Elora adores the carousel and since the wait is almost always short we ride it often.

After our ride around the kingdom (lol) we tried to pull the sword from the stone. Elora had no idea what this was about, cause even though I’ve tried to show her she has zero interest in the film… Fail.

Then we mosied over to grab a bite at GAston’s tavern and I finally got my brew!!!

Totally a delicious beverage and I will definitely partake again in September!

We crossed back over Fantasyland cause we had a FP to meet Rapunzel and Tiana!

Elora loved these M&Gs so much. We had a cute little moment here too. Elora really liked this Snow White book that was next to Rapunzel, so she stopped to read it. Tiana was taking her time with another guest, so Rapunzel was waiting and came over to look with us! It was adorable.

We crossed back over Fantasyland cause E wanted to “see the Belle show” we waited in line this time cause we didn’t have a FP. Not a bad wait though, and we got some cute pics

Elora was not chosen for a part and decided she didn’t want to be a plate. But she did get a picture with Belle. Poor kid always has her hand held back in these pictures cause she is trying to touch their faces, lol!

AFter the show it was time for lunch at a certain castle owned by a beast! We were a little early, but only by like 10 minutes, and we waited in a massive line.

We ordered at the computer, much like we’d done in 2015 at breakfast. We wanted to try for a seat in the West wing, and as luck would have it a family stood up as we walked in the room!

Lunch was, ok. Nothing great, not terrible, but I don’t think we’ll go to this meal again. We loved dinner here, but the QS meals just don’t do it for us. I’d rather go to Cosmic Ray’s or Pecos Bill’s for a bigger meal at a better price. Lunch was done, and so were mom and me. We headed out of the park just as the parade was coming down Main Street. We got stuck in the direct sunlight, which was awful, and Elora fell asleep in her stroller. We ended up leaving the park before the parade ended, which was lucky as the boat was there when we got to the dock.

E slept a bit more in the room and I packed up. We had so much stuff I needed another bag. I went down to the Mercantile and bought a cute Mickey mouse beach bag. It has served me well in the snowy winter weather cause it’s waterproof!! LOL!

After a few hours rest we headed back into MK. First stop, Mickey Mouse! But we were denied! Remember we got those passes that were good “anywhere but Pandora” NOT TRUE! THe CM said we didn’t have any passes for Mickey Mouse and the special passes couldn’t be used there. Whatever. We’d see Mickey, but not in that line, so we ventured back to meet Merida!

Cute meet, and at the time Elora was very into the movie; she sang the song while we waited to see Merida.

We circled back towards Dumbo. Mom stopped for a DSA and I took E for a spin. This always takes a while cause of the play place, and once again, we left kicking and screaming…

No tears on the ride though!

And then we got ice cream!!!

Yum!

We crossed the park for a FP at HM, where we took our time walking through the queue.

Then we took a flight through Neverland.

E wnated to see the princesses so we hopped in line to meet Cindy and Elena. Elena was not feeling well it seemed and we were the last folks she met before she was whisked away, but E didn’t notice. You can see it in Elena’s face in the photos though…

The day was ending and I hadn’t been able to get a pass to see Mickey. Touring PLans said the wait was only 15 minutes, so we booked it to the front of the park, no running of course. But when we got the the posted wait was 65 minutes. If we waited we’d never get a spot for HEA… I did a tricky thing. I walked up to the fast pass area and had Elora scan her band. THe CM said there wasn’t a pass for Mickey and I played dumb; oh! We had a pass given to us, it should be on the band. WHat should we do? He let us right in! I know that’s not the right way to do it, but that’s what happened.

We had a great meet with our main mouse!

We mosied up Main Street and nabbed a spot for the fireworks.

Mom went to get some mini dogs at Casey’s and said it was insane, duh mom, duh. LOL!

I really love this fireworks show, and I cried, and sang, cause the song is super easy to learn.THere were EMH at MK this night so we booked a FP for 7DMT just before the EMH started. After the fireworks we went back towards the Mine Train, but we were early, so we went on Pooh one last time. Then we hit the Mine Train!

Can we please take moment and discuss the young lady in front of us? The joy on her face was just too much for me.

Next time we go, I gotta remember to have E sit in the front part of the car.

The night was up to Elora, so we rode the carousel.

THen watched the Philharmagic.

Got Elora some ears

Took a final spin on Small World

And that was it! The queues were all closed, and it was time to go.

We walked slowly, taking it all in.

Stopped for some pictures on Main Street.

I love this one, and I’d like to do it each time we go.

Then we looked at the windows, walked under the train station, and said good-bye, well said See ya real soon!

That's pretty much it folks! The next day was no fun; got up, ate in the lounge, dropped off our bags at the ME desk, hung in the room a bit, checked out, on the bus, flew home, cried about missing Disney World and watched Aladdin. LOL!

This was an insane trip to plan and to be on. We had a ton of fun, but there were some excessively stressful moments. I did learn a lot though:

1. I will NEVER plan a trip with my extended family. Mom and sis are fine cause they're easy, but in the future if anyone else wants to come while we're there that's up to them. I'm not gonna do that again, well at least not for a while.

2. We may not be party people! I can't seem to get the MNSSHP done right. I always feel like I've missed something, or like it went too fast. Maybe when E is a bit older, but for now we will stick to days in the parks.

3. MK is giant! We spent 80% of our time in that park cause of the storm and plans changing and we still didn't do everything. Sure, we did a ton of stuff more than once, but man alive!

4. I need to relax more on these trips. I think we stayed in our jammies for like 4 days after we got home. I know I took forever to unpack. Even with the two days in the resort, I think we just need a little more down time each day.

5. Gotta get more organized with Tinker Belle gifts. I love the trading, but I wasn't as prepared for it as I want to be.

Thanks
so much for following us on this nutso vacation. Hopefully when we return in September things will go more smoothly. If I do a PTR for that trip,. I'll post a link here.

TTFN!!

Looks like Elora's taller than Belle was at her age!

Lunch was, ok. Nothing great, not terrible, but I don’t think we’ll go to this meal again. We loved dinner here, but the QS meals just don’t do it for us.

I'm not a huge fan of lunch here either. I thought it was just okay.

I did a tricky thing. I walked up to the fast pass area and had Elora scan her band. THe CM said there wasn’t a pass for Mickey and I played dumb; oh! We had a pass given to us, it should be on the band. WHat should we do? He let us right in! I know that’s not the right way to do it, but that’s what happened.

That's really frustrating about your FPs! We had the same problem when I tried to use a FP from a DVC tour for a M&G at Princess Fairytale Hall. He told me anything but Pandora or 7DMT, I believe, but when I went there I was told it couldn't be used for M&Gs either. The CM let me in anyway though because they didn't think it was fair that the DVC people told me that.

Mom went to get some mini dogs at Casey’s and said it was insane, duh mom, duh. LOL!

:laughing: Yeah, no kidding!

:rotfl: She looks so unimpressed!!

cried about missing Disney World and watched Aladdin. LOL!

Sounds like an acceptable way to deal with the post-Disney depression!

I know I took forever to unpack.

I do this, too. It takes me forever to settle back in and unpack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter