DxDP and TiW, how does that work?

Welsh_Dragon

Y Ddraig Goch
If one has the DxDP and an AP plus TiW, do CMs apply the TiW discount to the value of the entire meal and drinks, so items covered by the DP and any extra OOP food/drinks purchased or only the OOP items? And is the gratuity added to the total before the TiW discount or afterwards?
I am travelling with two young adults and during our 14 night stay, we have 7 nights on the DxDP but I am guessing that they will use the alcohol credits that come with the plan for pre dinner cocktails and we will order a bottle of wine (at least) with the meal; then we will be paying OOP for everything for the other 7 nights/days, so I am just trying to calculate the value or otherwise of one AP plus TiW.
The 20% TiW discount basically ‘pays’ the 20% gratuity doesn’t it?

The cost of upgrading from a UK package is $500 if I am credited for the included Memory Maker or $ 700 if I am not credited and TiW is $ 150, so the upgrade total will be either $650 or $850 including TiW.
We are three adults and we have 63 table credits, so say we use those for 10 Signature meals which cost @$300 on the DxDP so 20% gratuity would be $600 and OOP say $560 plus 20 % gratuity of $112 Then for the remaining days, if I allow $800 overall plus $160 in tips. So by upgrading to an AP plus TiW I will save because the 20% discount will cancel out the tips of approx $ 872, which I think means that I would just about break even, even if no credit is given for the memory maker part of the package and without buying any merchandise. Am I working this out correctly or missing something obvious? I suppose we may not always eat at WDW when we are off the DxDP. Hmmm.
My daughter arrives two nights before me and two nights before the package begins but I don’t know whether they will allow her to upgrade to an AP on arrival (more opportunities for savings) or she will have to wait until the day the package begins.

I’m sorry, I have no idea what you are asking in your second post

You cannot stack discounts

Your meals on dxdp will be handled by your meal credits and on a different bill
Your extras not on dxdp will be presented on its own bill. If you use TiW card, the discount is taken off the total before tax. An 18% gratuity is added and tax is added.

Also assuming your ‘young adults’ are over 21 to purchase and consume alcohol

I’m sorry, I have no idea what you are asking in your second post

You cannot stack discounts

Your meals on dxdp will be handled by your meal credits and on a different bill
Your extras not on dxdp will be presented on its own bill. If you use TiW card, the discount is taken off the total before tax. An 18% gratuity is added and tax is added.

Also assuming your ‘young adults’ are over 21 to purchase and consume alcohol
Thank you, I was tangling myself in a knot. It sounds ridiculous to have the DxDP and then buy an AP and TiW, but I think that if we share a bottle of wine most nights and the young adults order pre dinner cocktails and we maybe do a monorail bar crawl (or two) in our second week, I can see the upgrade and TiW being worthwhile.

It’s truly a math exercise. I don’t know if you will spend $750 on e trash to make TiW worth it. I believe that is how much you have to spend to just break even.

Set up a spreadsheet and figure out what you may spend. Keep in mind the card is non transferable, you will need to be there for it to be used

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter