DxDP adult/child mixing credits

exgator24

Yes, I am going to Disney. Again.
We will be going to Disney for 4 nights and I am contemplating the DxDP plan, but could use a little help. My DD is 12 (so adult prices/meals). My DS is 8 (kids meals/pricing). My DH has a very crazy work schedule and will not be able to join us the whole time. We have the room booked for just 3, me and the kids. Hubby may get a day or two at most to visit with us. Here is my problem/question. If he gets to come, I know that I can "share" my adult credits with him, but the problem will be for the last meal I will only have "child" credits left. I read somewhere that on the DxDP it doesn't matter since credits are pooled, but I don't want to get there and have a big shock.
Will the kids and I be able to eat with the last 3 credits even though they are child credits? Will it be a fight? Or will I need to pay for me and my DD OOP and lose the last 2 credits? I never use the dining plan, so I am not well versed in all the rules. Thanks for all the help!

We will be going to Disney for 4 nights and I am contemplating the DxDP plan, but could use a little help. My DD is 12 (so adult prices/meals). My DS is 8 (kids meals/pricing). My DH has a very crazy work schedule and will not be able to join us the whole time. We have the room booked for just 3, me and the kids. Hubby may get a day or two at most to visit with us. Here is my problem/question. If he gets to come, I know that I can "share" my adult credits with him, but the problem will be for the last meal I will only have "child" credits left. I read somewhere that on the DxDP it doesn't matter since credits are pooled, but I don't want to get there and have a big shock.
Will the kids and I be able to eat with the last 3 credits even though they are child credits? Will it be a fight? Or will I need to pay for me and my DD OOP and lose the last 2 credits? I never use the dining plan, so I am not well versed in all the rules. Thanks for all the help!
Are we talking table service or counter? If counter credits it won't matter at all; order whatever/however you want. If it's table service it won't work, however if you end up having credits leftover just know that 1 meal credit (doesn't matter which kind) can be traded for 3 snacks at most resort food courts and def. Goofys candy shop, so you won't totally be out.

You can use those TS credits for whoever you want with the caveat being that you must use adult credits for an "adult" (10 and up in Disney speak) and child credit for a child (under 10 in Disney speak). I have a picky 12 year old myself and we are getting the DxDP later this month and plan to pay out of pocket for all of the 12yo's meals, which will surely be children's meals, except for buffets where we'll have to use an adult TS credit for her. This means that we are eating dinner at signatures every night because DH, non-picky 14yo, and I will be able to use the extra credits from the 12yo (and from the fact that three TS meals per day is WAY too much food).
The other catch is that if your DH is on your room reservation you will have to purchase the meal plan for him as well, even if he will only be there 1 of 4 days, so it might be a bad idea for your particular situation.

I thought on the deluxe plan the credits were pooled? Maybe I’m mistaken though but I thought that’s why/how people used the deluxe plan to cover two rooms worth of guests...

I thought on the deluxe plan the credits were pooled? Maybe I’m mistaken though but I thought that’s why/how people used the deluxe plan to cover two rooms worth of guests...

I'm with you, here's something I copied from a popular website:

Those on the Deluxe Plan may officially mix their adult and child credits, meaning that child credits may be used for adult entrees. This has long been an unofficial loophole (and remains one for the lower tiers of the plans), but it’s now officially allowed on the Deluxe Plan.

Are we talking table service or counter? If counter credits it won't matter at all; order whatever/however you want. If it's table service it won't work, however if you end up having credits leftover just know that 1 meal credit (doesn't matter which kind) can be traded for 3 snacks at most resort food courts and def. Goofys candy shop, so you won't totally be out.
It would be a table service. Cape May for breakfast before we left.

You can use those TS credits for whoever you want with the caveat being that you must use adult credits for an "adult" (10 and up in Disney speak) and child credit for a child (under 10 in Disney speak). I have a picky 12 year old myself and we are getting the DxDP later this month and plan to pay out of pocket for all of the 12yo's meals, which will surely be children's meals, except for buffets where we'll have to use an adult TS credit for her. This means that we are eating dinner at signatures every night because DH, non-picky 14yo, and I will be able to use the extra credits from the 12yo (and from the fact that three TS meals per day is WAY too much food).
The other catch is that if your DH is on your room reservation you will have to purchase the meal plan for him as well, even if he will only be there 1 of 4 days, so it might be a bad idea for your particular situation.
Thanks for the help. As of right now, hubby is not on the reservation. If we get the dining, I will leave him off. If we don't get it, then I will add hubby just in case.

I'm with you, here's something I copied from a popular website:

Those on the Deluxe Plan may officially mix their adult and child credits, meaning that child credits may be used for adult entrees. This has long been an unofficial loophole (and remains one for the lower tiers of the plans), but it’s now officially allowed on the Deluxe Plan.
I thought so too, but I cannot find it on Disney's website. That is why I was concerned. I saw that on a blogger website, but I don't know if it was old, or they stopped doing it or what. I am just trying to make sure there are no surprises. I many bite the bullet and just get the tables in wonderland card instead. Thanks for the help!

The DxDP does not have child or adult credits, nor ts and qs credits

You receive one pool of credits. They are not designated in any way.

Use them as you wish, where you wish with whom you wish

The DxDP does not have child or adult credits, nor ts and qs credits

You receive one pool of credits. They are not designated in any way.

Use them as you wish, where you wish with whom you wish
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Thanks for the help. As of right now, hubby is not on the reservation. If we get the dining, I will leave him off. If we don't get it, then I will add hubby just in case.
You should add him anyway. No no-show fee if at least some of you show up but he doesn't; plus, with him on the reservation you're positive they will be able to seat him if he does go.

You should add him anyway. No no-show fee if at least some of you show up but he doesn't; plus, with him on the reservation you're positive they will be able to seat him if he does go.
I think she means the vacation reservation, not the dining reservations. But yes she should add him to the dining reservations he might come to!

I am going through the same thing right now. We have been in Disney for 9 days w/ the DxDP for 2A2C. My husband came down for a long weekend & I shared credits with him the entire time. In fact, all restaurants even let all of us order adult meals with the exception of Tiffins (but I think that had more to do w/ the waiter). You should have no problems, the servers prefer you to have the kids order as adults because it increases their tip. The credits are all pooled together. I also did have my husband added to all of the dining reservations while he was there.

I thought everyone in the same hotel room have to be on the plan or not?
that is correct. But since he is only possibly coming for a day or two, while my kids and I will be there 4 or 5 days, I wasn't going to add him to the room reservation. I would add him to the dining reservations because it won't matter if only 3 show up for a 4 person table reservation.

On the deluxe, you can use the credits any way you want as they do not differentiate. I can easily order "myself" two meals if I really wanted to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter