DW vs DL ....Been awhile

lemonears6

DIS Veteran
heading to Disneyland next month and have not been in 10 years!!! Any tips and changes would be great. We have been to Disney world 8 times over the past 10 years so I know how things are there but I’m wondering what has changed at DL. We will just be going to the main park for 1 day. Any help would be great. Thanks.

heading to Disneyland next month and have not been in 10 years!!! Any tips and changes would be great. We have been to Disney world 8 times over the past 10 years so I know how things are there but I’m wondering what has changed at DL. We will just be going to the main park for 1 day. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Hi, FYI... moved your post to tbe Disneyland California board. I’m sure the folks here can help.

Have a great trip! :-)

Have you seen this thread: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets? It isn't 100% up to date, but it has lots of good information.
Download the free Disneyland app (make sure you get the latest version). Start getting used to using it and navigating now so that you won't waste time during your visit trying to figure it out. Wifi is free in the parks at designated hot spot locations, but it is slow. Using your own data plan usually is faster. Make sure to have battery back up or buy a fuel rod (Help me understand how fuel rods work) at one of the vending machines in the parks. Have a credit card on file so that you can use Mobile Ordering for CS locations -- saves so much time! The credit card also will come in handy if you decide to purchase MaxPass, the digital version of Fast Pass.
DLR does not have FP+, it has free legacy FP. But the digital version is MP, $10/person per day. MP allows you to get FPs using the DL app on your smart phone, has a shorter window to get your next FP (90 minutes vs. 120 minutes for free FP), and lets you get FPs for one park while you're still in the other park. MP comes with free PP for the day. Here are some threads explaining MP:
FastPass, MaxPass (look at the tutorial videos in this one)
MaxPass
First time MaxPass user...Help with tips and how to use.

Last edited:

Well, I went to DL this summer, last time I had been there was in 2002. I found MUCH MORE new stuff in Disney's California Adventure. I mean, in 2002 it was like... "Really?"... but man this year i fell in love with it. Cars Land is pure Disney Magic at its best, the whole Pixar Pier refurbishment is incredible, the Incredicoaster is great, even the new Guardians of the Galaxy (old tower of terror) surprised me for the better, it is a great ride! In the end, I was there 2 days and I spent half a day in DL and 1,5 days at California Adventure.

If you only have one day, and you've been to DL before, I would no doubt tell you to go to California Adventure. Stay for Paint the Night Parade if they're still showing it. And don't miss Cars Land (be sure to eat one of the Cone snacks over there, they're great! :))

Consider getting parkhoppers (Carsland :love::love::love::love:) and definitely get Maxpass. Focus on Disneyland exclusive attractions like Matterhorn, Carsland, Alice, Storybook canal boats, etc. I'd also consider Pirates a must do, since its "extra" at DL.

Have fun!!

Last edited:

Considering getting parkhoppers (Carsland :love::love::love::love:) and definitely get Maxpass. Focus on Disneyland exclusive attractions like Matterhorn, Carsland, Alice, Storybook canal boats, etc. I'd also consider Pirates a must do, since its "extra" at DL.

Have fun!!

Agree with the MaxPass advice. It worked WONDERS for me in my last visit, I think I didn't do a single standard line thanks to it.

I also suggest parkhoppers and maxpass. However, if you still decide on just one park, be sure to use maxpass. I did a one day, one park ticket before with maxpass and we did all the major headliners by 11 am. Then we did some of the fantasyland rides, and watched the entire Christmas parade. Either way, you'll have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts