DVCers who cook in the suite: What is your packing list?

We drive so typically the stuff we bring are small non bulk items and our list and coupons for BJ’s (and liquor store) at millennia mall. We have lunch there fill up with gas and get our groceries and beverages. Typically we bring in the car:

Salt,pepper, other spices or herbs if needed
Sugar
Flour if needed
Pancake mix and syrup if needed
Oils
Other condiments
Rice

Mostly it’s all stuff we have in bulk that we can’t get in small amounts at the warehouse stores. If we forget something we stop at Publix or food lion for those 1 or 2 items. I typically have the meals planned in advance, though we may switch up the days we are eating them.

And yes the liquor store sells the large already mixed drink bottles.

We drive so typically the stuff we bring are small non bulk items and our list and coupons for BJ’s (and liquor store) at millennia mall. We have lunch there fill up with gas and get our groceries and beverages. Typically we bring in the car:

Salt,pepper, other spices or herbs if needed
Sugar
Flour if needed
Pancake mix and syrup if needed
Oils
Other condiments
Rice

Mostly it’s all stuff we have in bulk that we can’t get in small amounts at the warehouse stores. If we forget something we stop at Publix or food lion for those 1 or 2 items. I typically have the meals planned in advance, though we may switch up the days we are eating them.

And yes the liquor store sells the large already mixed drink bottles.

Agree especially on the oils and other condiments. Who wants to buy a ridiculously overpriced small container for oil when you've already got some at home.

DVC'ers with a kitchen or kitchenette, I should say. I’m actually surprised at how well equipped the Disney in-suite kitchens are. There seems to be enough to make a good meal. To really make it fun and easy for me, however, I bring the following.

If I am ...

Flying

• Probe thermometers, 3 (we cook steak in batches, and I have to cook to three different levels of doneness)
  • Chef’s knife (sharper and heavier than the suite one)
  • Kosher salt
  • Dry herbs that I try and use quickly at home so they don’t go bad (I’m looking at you, thyme)
  • Pepper mill
  • Heavy duty aluminum foil (line broiler pans so I don’t have to wash as much)
  • Potato masher

Driving

• Above, plus
  • Salad spinner
  • Mandolin slicer
  • Good olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar
  • Rice cooker or steamer (I know, takes up space, but super helpful)
  • Cooler with butter, milk, juice, lunch meats, condiments, veggies, and maybe some marinating meats
  • Plastic wrap and/or sandwich bags
  • Wine

I know I can drive to a grocery for a lot of this, but if I can keep the list short, that’s more time I can spend on vacation. VGC, our home resort, is only and hour away, so if I have the space I come pretty well set up.
The only kitchen tools I bring is a chefs knife and pairing knife. I typically scratch cook at least 1 meal a day on our trips and I have never needed something that wasn’t there (or couldn’t work around) but the knives are terrible- so I have to bring those.

We drive so I often bring all of our groceries for the week with us so we don’t need to waste vacation time shopping or pay twice the price for delivery services.
Typical basics that get me a breakfast almost every day and a few dinners: milk, half n half, gallons of water ( can’t stand Florida tap), beer and wine ( of course). Coffee, salt, pepper, cinnamon, Italian herb blend, garlic powder, honey, olive oil, canned tomatoes, canned beans, fresh veggies, fresh fruit, tortillas, bread, chicken breast, ground turkey,self rising flour, butter, 2dz eggs, bacon, pasta, yogurt, cereal, cheese, and a few snacks.

We really don't pack anything. We usually eat out for dinner. We do breakfast in the unit and make our lunches either to bring to the parks or if we plan an afernoon swim, which we do frequently, we make lunch while there. I do wish the supplied crock pots though.

We drive, so it's easier for me to bring things from home. I teach cooking and don't mind cooking on vacation as long as I'm not stuck in the kitchen the entire time.

My knives - usually chef's and paring, but sometimes I toss in the 5 inch utility knife too
pizza cutter
herbs, spices, condiments
coffee, tea, sugar
salt and pepper
butter dish (because DH insists)
tongs - sometimes they have them; sometimes they don't. DH uses them when he cooks sausage
wire whisk
ingredients for the meals I plan to cook
olive oil
lemons
wine and wine bottle opener
bottled water
extra roll of paper towels
parchment paper for baking or microwaving
aluminum foil
zip top bags

I'm going to start tossing in the french press too!

Condiments, croissants from Costco (crisp up nicely in the oven), S&P, Butter, I make a batch of vinaigrette, asst. crackers and tortilla chips, jarred salsa, coffee, creamer
Pork Tenderloins (I rub them with Montreal steak seasonings) London Broil in bag with marinade, hard cheeses (Gouda, Jarlsberg, Cheddar) Dozen eggs
Rice, Quinoa, pasta, boxed chicken broth
Salad that I wash & bag, lemons & limes
Vodka, Wine, beer, Lacroix, water
Foil, zip lock bags, chip clips, coffee filters ( have a pack just for the DVC coffee maker)

I like to buy rotisserie chickens from Winn Dixie or Publix when I'm there for a nights dinner. Depends how long I'm staying.

Condiments, croissants from Costco (crisp up nicely in the oven), S&P, Butter, I make a batch of vinaigrette, asst. crackers and tortilla chips, jarred salsa, coffee, creamer
Pork Tenderloins (I rub them with Montreal steak seasonings) London Broil in bag with marinade, hard cheeses (Gouda, Jarlsberg, Cheddar) Dozen eggs

Can you share how you prepare the pork tenderloin with Montreal steak seasoning? Sounds yummy.

I trim the silver skin off, cut off the smaller irregular ends (those are great for fajitas or pork tacos). Sprinkle them with Montreal Steak seasonings, put them in a zip lock bag with a bit of olive oil and 1/2 a lime juice. Marinate for 45 minutes or for the time you’re at the park. Let the meat get to room temp while you heat the grill and then grill on all sides. I like mine med/well. Or sometimes I wrap them in bacon or prosciutto and bake them in a high oven!

I trim the silver skin off, cut off the smaller irregular ends (those are great for fajitas or pork tacos). Sprinkle them with Montreal Steak seasonings, put them in a zip lock bag with a bit of olive oil and 1/2 a lime juice. Marinate for 45 minutes or for the time you’re at the park. Let the meat get to room temp while you heat the grill and then grill on all sides. I like mine med/well. Or sometimes I wrap them in bacon or prosciutto and bake them in a high oven!

Thank you!!

Cedar plank boards for grilling fish along with BBQ tools (so you don't need to borrow from the desk)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!