DVC VS Marriott

Dano1182

DIS Veteran
I am looking to compare DVC to Marriott VC
Any experiences ?
Which is better Royal Palms or Sabal Palms?

I am looking to compare DVC to Marriott VC
Any experiences ?
Which is better Royal Palms or Sabal Palms?
I'm not sure I'd make much difference between those 2 resorts. Imperial Palms, the third option, has 3 BR if that makes a difference to you. While those are closer to DVC than the other Marriott's in Orlando, the other 3 are better resorts for most people's situation. If sheer closeness to WDW is the issue, there are other non DVC, non Marriott resorts that are even closer. And I'm not sure I'd want to own in Orlando anyway if I was going to do any trading and if I did, I'd certainly want a lockoff unit which would be Grande Vista or Horizons.

Simply to compare some of the issues, they really are far more similar than different in many ways in terms of quality and satisfaction of the members. Marriott will be mostly a full weeks system where DVC is a points system with the good and bad that come with it. Marriott's will generally be much cheaper resale that the comparable number of DVC points required to reserve the same thing and the yearly fees will be about 30% less. Marriott will be a MUCH better choice to trade, esp non Orlando options. DVC shines for those that value staying on property and that can work the points system to their advantage.

Of course one can own Marriott and trade in to DVC rather easily in a 1 BR or smaller unit about a half of the year though that is not possible (with some specialty exceptions) if you own any Orlando property including Marriott.

We own both. DVC for Disney and MVCI for non-Disney holidays. They are both well run and expensive timeshares. However, the cost is reflected in consistently high quality resorts and services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter