DVC Trip # 2 - BLT and BWV Split Stay(Critters and Final comments added)

I'm glad I took notes. It's tough to remember every detail without notes.

I enjoyed watching Capt. Jack's pirate training. I only wish they had this show back when my kids were little. The little guy in this picture was so cute. His face was just shear amazement or confusion.
You be the judge.

imageqwi.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2012-07-04

We escaped some heavy rain as we made our way to the monorail. We had some packages that were sent to CR that we had not yet picked up.

BLT and CR from the MK monorail station.

imagecdu.jpg

I few shots from CR.

imagejoj.jpg

imageawr.jpg

This shot, while waiting for monorail inside CR, reminds me that Mitt Romney at CR doing a speech for the Latin conference. You can see some of the news vans in this picture. We had a nice conversation with a couple of the attendees about the conference. We didn't experience any delays due to security for this event. I believe even when President Obama was there on Friday, he came in fast and left fast.

imagejpr.jpg

We got into a long line in security at EPCOT. I wasn't carrying a bag and I was wondering what was taking them so long. Maybe security was extra careful this day. Security made DD unwrapped tea cup china we just picked up. We went right over to a close gift store and had them rewrap and send over to BWV.

It's after 11am by this time so you know where we would go first.

imagekgg.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2012-07-02

Besides our margarita's, we get the nachos and guacamole.

imagehju.jpg

While waiting for my gang at Mexico, I go over to Norway and get a Carlsberg beer. I wasn't in mood for a Dos Equis and I really liked the Carlsberg from Norway. We collect ourselves and need to get FP for Norway boat ride. While waiting we get some treats at Norway bakery.

Close up of cream puff before I pay.

imageikv.jpg

Norway treats

imagebymt.jpg

While eating our treats, I notice a small gathering of guests near the bushes.
I'm curious as to what they're looking at. A CM is nervous as she keeps guests away from this little guy in the bushes.

imagelak.jpg

I really want to see the Summer Concert series with "Big Shot" and nobody else wants to join me. No problem. I grab a nice dark beer that eluded me earlier in the week. German CM laughs at one of my jokes as he pours.

imagejqj.jpg

The stage at the American pavilion.

imageadvp.jpg

I dance and clap my hands by myself. I enjoyed these guys for one set.

imagezgn.jpg

Towards the end of the set, I notice this gang with umbrella hats. Funny.

imageair.jpg

See what can happen when DW leaves me along for just a few minutes.
I get caught up with this gang.
I've only had one margarita and two beers at this time. I think they had more.

imagejwm.jpg

DS is back at room and calls us to request chocolate mousse. We grab some in France.

imagedtc.jpg

We leave international gateway and walk our way back to room. This shot was actually taken in the morning.

imageill.jpg

A panoramic shot on my way back through Boardwalk.

imagefte.jpg

It's a long day but I'm feeling good. I skipped dinner again. Weird for me.
DS wants to go to Downtown Disney so they can get some gifts for friends/family back home. We take bus downtown.

iPhone picture. I believe my camera battery is low.

imageimi.jpg

We go to a couple stores and don't walk too much. By this time, our legs are tired. On the way back, we jump off the bus at the Swan and walk back to BWV. It's about 10am and I'm amazed to see people working out at BWV gym. I'm not kidding. There are people working out at the gym at 10pm. They must be conference attendees. My legs are about to give up on me from a day at three WDW venues. :confused3

Wow...I can't believe how fast this vacation is flying.

Next day is EPCOT and 1900 Park Fare dinner...

Reading your TR helps pass the time until we go on our trip. Your pictures and details of the trip are great...keep up the good work!!! Happy 4th of Julypixiedust:

Reading your TR helps pass the time until we go on our trip. Your pictures and details of the trip are great...keep up the good work!!! Happy 4th of Julypixiedust:

I'm glad your enjoying TR. The fun goes so fast.

Only three more days to report. I'll have to add a few bonus posts and pictures.:cool1:

Enjoy celebrating America! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the feedback and good vibes! :goodvibes

I am enjoying your report so much. Love your style. Looking forward to more. :thumbsup2

Rock on! :banana:

I would describe my style as part Goofy and part Nuts. I'm waving my hands in the air as if I don't care.

Thanks for the cheering! :woohoo:

We get up in time to reach EPCOT international gateway entrance at around 9am.

I enjoy the peaceful walk from Boardwalk to EPCOT.

Beach Club

imageazn.jpg

DW, DS and friend on their way to EPCOT. DSIL and nieces sleep in.

imagegod.jpg

England is quiet at this time in morning. Where is everybody?

imageyfm.jpg

By DVC_Dreamer at 2012-07-04

imagecgh.jpg

imagedyo.jpg

Brave sand castle - How does this not melt when it rains?

imagegwi.jpg

We ride Soarin' and grab some FP's for our family left back at BWV. They don't get to park in time so we end up giving FP's away. I remember a really cute little kid shakes my hand. He's having fun at Disney.

The Land ride

imagehpb.jpg

imagezqu.jpg

imagefgx.jpg

Because I love to BBQ at home, I'm amazed at the fact that this rotisserie is fueled by real wood. I also took a shot of the wood pile next to the stove. This is in the Land pavilion and food court.

imagedtuo.jpg

We've yet to ride Spaceship Earth. We get in this very long line that wraps around on both sides. At least, the line does continuously move.

imageqjt.jpg

imageyiua.jpg

I can't help but spend some more time dreaming about my dream car.

imagehza.jpg

imagezxj.jpg

Time for a cold drink

imagenbx.jpg

We check out Mouse Gears shops and DW decides to ride Mission Space. She's taken her Dramamine. I'm alone and hungry. I can't decide what to have and we have an early dinner ressie for 1900 Park Fare. I decide to grab a Carlsberg beer in Norway and chill a bit.

Pretty feet. I should have painted my toes. My legs aren't really that fat. The camera, not WDW, adds 10 lbs.

imagereb.jpg

I enjoy my cold one in the shade as a gentle breeze blows. I had a nice conversation with a retired couple from Long Island.

imageulv.jpg

I rejoin my gang in Mexico for chips and a Margarita at the inside Canteen. I've not been in here since the renovation and this area was enclosed.
Do you notice a pattern?

imageklm.jpg

imagewpg.jpg

We decide to finally do some pool and resort chill time. Even DW puts a hold on commando to enjoy the quiet pool at BWV.

On the way to clown pool.

imageloz.jpg

imagenop.jpg

Quiet pool.

imagepql.jpg

imagezuv.jpg

Panoramic shot at back of clown pool.

imageswb.jpg

A nasty storm is brewing while we're in line for the clown pool slide. They close the pool before we get to ride. Here's a picture from our balcony as the rain comes down.

imagedkb.jpg

I'll end this post as we get ready for dinner. Can we make our early reservation at 1900 Park Fare?

I'm noticing a lot of :drinking1:drinking1 in your TR! Sounds like a great time! Question - did you guys get a TIW card? Or go with a Dining Plan? For us the math doesn't work out for the dining plan, and we'll break even on the TIW for me, DH, and DS though we'll usually be eating with a party of 8, so I'd be saving the rest of my party some serious dough (have 8 ADRs spread over 10 park days, 3 with a party of 8 and the rest with only 4 of us). Still dithering on whether or not get get it.

Loving your TR! You are inspiring me to try one on our next adventure. We have a 12 day split stay in October at BCV/BLT. We have only stayed in the studio at BLT to save points but I would love to try a 1 BR some time. The room looks bigger than some of the other 2 BRs.
It looks like you got a lot done each day! Looking forward to the rest. :thumbsup2

I'm noticing a lot of :drinking1:drinking1 in your TR! Sounds like a great time! Question - did you guys get a TIW card? Or go with a Dining Plan? For us the math doesn't work out for the dining plan, and we'll break even on the TIW for me, DH, and DS though we'll usually be eating with a party of 8, so I'd be saving the rest of my party some serious dough (have 8 ADRs spread over 10 park days, 3 with a party of 8 and the rest with only 4 of us). Still dithering on whether or not get get it.

We had our share of drinking and eating. :cool1:

The math, amount of food and restrictions would not work for our party of eight on either the counter service or larger meal plan. Maybe if they had a meal plan in between counter service and sit down plan, it would work. We had 5 adrs for 9 days. We bought the TIW card for our trip last August. We also had annual park passes for DW and I.

We also struggled on this meal plan decision but I believe the TIW card is the way to go. We used it one night for drinks for 4 adults at Poly and dinner at Kona for 8. That night alone would practically pay for the TIW card.
I believe I skipped dinner 3 nights because we had late lunches. Those nights, dinner was a bakery treat or ice cream. Maybe it's the heat, but we don't eat as much in summer trips. I don't care to have too many adr's and restrict where and what we're doing on a particular day. I like the flexibility in schedule. :cheer2:

Have a great time and thanks for the question.

Loving your TR! You are inspiring me to try one on our next adventure. We have a 12 day split stay in October at BCV/BLT. We have only stayed in the studio at BLT to save points but I would love to try a 1 BR some time. The room looks bigger than some of the other 2 BRs.
It looks like you got a lot done each day! Looking forward to the rest. :thumbsup2

12 DAYS! AWESOME! :cool1:

One of my gangs complaint was that we only did 3 days at BLT this trip. I think the 2 bedroom is a little bigger than BWV. I'll compare the two resorts at the end of my TR so hang in to the end.

I shot pictures every step of the way. It's funny how it doesn't seem like a lot of things while your doing it. The time flies so fast while in WDW. The reflection is fun to review all the things we did.
Thanks for reading.

Loving every word of your TR and can't wait to read it each day. Sounds like you and your family had another wonderful vacation. Great photos and commentary.... keep it coming:) I'll be at BLT in 27 days for our first stay there, getting so excited now.....

DD stayed at EPCOT for some shopping. She then made her way over to dinner at 1900 Park Fare by herself. This ADR was mainly made for her due to the great experience she had there last August. TJ the chef, made her an amazing vegan meal. We were late and she let the restaurant know we were on our way. We end up being about an hour late. Don't ask. Drives me nuts to be late. :sad2:

imagetxh.jpg

Luckily, we don't have a long wait even though we missed our ressie by an hour.

We give them our drink orders and head for the buffet. I love the veggies and salads on this buffet. I make three trips, four if you count dessert.

imagezsn.jpg

imageuiw.jpg

imagejgu.jpg

DD is disappointed to learn TJ is not working this night. She meets with the chef and the chef does a nice vegan meal for DD. She's happy.

imageoug.jpg

The ugly step mother and sisters are fun.

imagejinz.jpg

She likes me.

imageymbl.jpg

The lighting in this picture is bad but this was funny. A young boy fell asleep in his meal with his head on the table. The cast had fun with him and the parents were videoing and laughing. Look closely in background and you can see the little boy sleeping. Cute.

imageyjb.jpg

More vegan.

imagerrp.jpg

Chef and DD. The Disney Way.

imagewwxx.jpg

My desserts

imageujud.jpg

Vegan dessert

imagewyu.jpg

It's raining still. No extra magic hours for us. We head back to BWV on the bus from MK.

BWV in early evening.

imagefrrh.jpg

Entrance to BWV

imageomm.jpg

By DVC_Dreamer at 2012-07-04

Funny, strange, spooky chair in BWV lobby.

imagevgo.jpg

That's it for day 7. Day 8 is HS, MK , Poly and Kona. Yum

On our 8th day, we made the walk behind BWV early am to HS.

The path to HS.

imagesgx.jpg

By dvc_dreamer at 2012-07-07

We did hit a long baggage check line. We picked up FP's for Toy Story(12:30pm return) and then rode RR and TOT.

We got into the Art of Animation and DS was very proud of his drawing of Donald. We all agreed his drawing was the best of our group.

imageilc.jpg

Indiana Jones and Little Mermaid followed. On our way to Backlot Tour, DW was very excited to meet Deb Willis in the bathroom. Deb is the webmaster for AllEars.net. Deb gave DW some trading/collecting cards, after DW let her go to the bathroom. :rotfl2:

imagelhjp.jpg

After the backlot tour, kids did Star Tours and I watched the Jedi Training.
A parade began to form as I waited on a bench. DW made reservations for Kona over at the Poly. I was getting really crowded by the waiting guests. Luckily, kids came out of Star Tours just before parade started and we made our escape from HS.

We stumbled upon this large furry creature and he let us take a picture with him for proof.

imageyllg.jpg

We took the bus to Poly. I really love this resort. Please build a DVC at the Poly. Everyone, join in my campaign for a DVC at the Poly !!! :cheer2:

imagewfr.jpg

We arrived around 4pm and the chairs near O'hana and bar were available. Wait staff not yet working floor so I grab us a couple tropical drinks from the bar.

imageoge.jpg

My niece scavenges us some lei's. DW gathers us for a picture in tribute to our neighbor who passed away the week before our trip. We post our tribute to her and husband on Facebook. He really appreciated it because WDW was her favorite place.

To Deb with out love...

imagezxi.jpg

Our drink waitress was very nice in getting us a large magic marker and taking our picture.

Kona is ready for us and we take our table.

imageqqtr.jpg

I'm running low on amount of pictures ImageShack will allow me. :sad2:
I'll have to find another way so I can post some more food pics. Kona meal was awesome. Another great waiter and DS loves the bread. I think he ate 2 loaves of bread himself.

After dinner, the whole group goes separate ways. DW and I stop at MK off the monorail. Upon entering Main Street, we see a 5 min wait sign for Mickey. We are confused as to what to expect. To our surprise, we find Mickey and Minnie in their office. They give us hugs. They also do a hula dance in response to the lei's around our necks. It was fun and very cute.

One of our favorite pictures and surprises of the trip.

imagedaz.jpg

It's just DW and I in MK and early evening. We easily ride Transit Authority, Carousel on the horses(first time) and Haunted Mansion. DW buys a sticker for her car and a friend at HM. The sticker says, "My Other Car Is A DoomBuggy". Cute. It has a picture of the DoomBuggy from HM.

We take bus back to BWV. DS and friend go out to Wishes at MK. DD and niece go to Fantasmic. I stay in and watch a NY Yankee game.

Last day comes fast. On the ninth day, the rain comes and we go home...

I can't leave day 8 without posting some pictures from our fantastic meal at Kona.

We're crazy about the bread and butter spread.

imagesjy.jpg

We had the chicken wings and ribs for appetizers.

imagejzx.jpg

By DVC_Dreamer at 2012-07-07

imageztw.jpg

Another great vegan creation

imageguj.jpg

Some entrees

imagepwip.jpg

imagevrc.jpg

My creme brulee

imageoyh.jpg

Kona was a great last minute choice and topped off another fantastic week of eating at WDW.

Luckily, I had one more treat at lunch on our 9th and final day ...

We wake up to learn we have a tropical storm "Debbie" heading our way. The report says the storm will make our area and the head west towards the Gulf Of Mexico. I'm hoping our flight will be able to leave on time around 6:30pm.
We always arrive early to WDW and leave late. We want to milk it for all it's worth. I make my daily trip for coffee, breakfast at bakery and this time I pick up 2 umbrellas. I'm thinking we can share the umbrellas for one last day and we're not expecting a heavy rain. I have my first egg sandwich of the week and we're on our way to EPCOT after 10am. What starts out as a drizzle turns into a tropical downpour as we're entering EPCOT. We stop in the very first shop by the Int'l Gateway and buy two more umbrellas. DW doesn't care for the ponchos and we figure we'll get more practical use of the umbrellas when we're back home.

Our first long, heavy rain of the trip.

imageqfh.jpg

Our plan is to go to some of the attractions we missed during the week. We make our way over to Ellen's Energy. Wow, air conditioning is not so good after coming out of the wet rain. We wanted to go to Capt. EO but with the bad weather, we decide to do the American Experience show. At this point in the trip, makes more sense to begin the inevitable end to our trip and progress our way back to BWV. We wade through the deluge and decide to eat at ESPN club. I really like this place because of the sports theme, watch some baseball and enjoy the food. I like to collect beer mugs. I get a Yuengling beer with the souvenir mug. I really learned to enjoy this flavor of beer this trip.

imagehvx.jpg

My yummy pastrami sandwich which was the special of the day. I smear it with the hearty mustard.

imageqpe.jpg

We grab our carry on bags from bell services back at BWV. We were smart enough to pack some dry clothes. I received my first blister of the week from the sandals and heavy rain combination. I'm glad to switch to dry sneakers for the trip home.

We had a 3:45 ME ressie but look to catch an earlier bus to airport. While waiting, we learn our flight has been delayed to 8pm. Southwest Air does a nice job sending us updates with phone calls. I get 5 messages for each person on my itinerary. We decide that we'll wait it out at the airport. When the 3:15 ME bus arrives, we ask the bus driver if he has room for us and he says "No".

We wait for the ME bus.

imageahh.jpg

We head on back to the lobby for cover from the heavy rain.
To our surprise, the bus driver comes over to us and asks how many in our party and decides to take all 8 of us. Nice guy !!!

We make one stop at Caribbean Beach and then straight to the airport. At the airport, we learn our flight has now pushed to 10pm and our plane has mechanical issues.

We settle in for the long wait with our iPhones and iPads plugged into the comfortable airport seats. While waiting, Southwest announces that a crew who was done for the day, agrees to fly down from Providence, RI to give us a ride home. Southwest even gave us a $100 voucher for each passenger for the inconvenience.

imageyms.jpg

We take off after 10pm and the ride is a bit bumpy due to the storm. It's 1am before I pull into my home driveway. I'm tired but grateful for an awesome trip. I'm up and out the door to work by 7am the next day. Of course, I'm excited as I recount my trip to coworkers.

Time to plan next trip? :thumbsup2

I'll be back with some commentary, final thoughts and a few pics before I hit the free picture limit...

Loved your report! Can't wait for your next trip and next report. The photos are awesome.

Appreciate your comments. I had fun doing it and glad you enjoyed my pictures and commentary. :grouphug:

You reminded me to update my signature. Ticker was getting way outdated. We don't have any new plans and we just in the brainstorming stage for now.

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your report, and your fabulous pictures. What a great trip, it really encapsulates what DVC is about!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter