DVC Travel Insurance from Disney

• Dean Marino

DIS Veteran
    All the above is true... this insurance comes from TRAVELEX. DW & I buy it EVERY use year. We've not yet had to make a claim.

This policy runs ALL OF YOUR USE YEAR, not "per trip". And it covers FAR more than "points". In fact, the focus on Airline Issues was our selling point.... Adding coverage data from our 2019 UY purchase.Travelex.jpg

zumfelde

Earning My Ears
    It pays you back the value of your dues on the points used. If you use points from more than one UY, you have to purchase the insurance on each year.
    So if I bank points from 2018 to 2019 and trip is during 2019 use year I have to pay the $98 for 2018 and 2019? Thanks

Memorymakerfor4

Mouseketeer
    So if I bank points from 2018 to 2019 and trip is during 2019 use year I have to pay the $98 for 2018 and 2019? Thanks
    If your trip uses points from both use years, yes.

We are taking a trip using some borrowed 2020 points and still have to pay for 2020 insurance, even though our trip is in 2019.

zumfelde

Earning My Ears
    If your trip uses points from both use years, yes.

We are taking a trip using some borrowed 2020 points and still have to pay for 2020 insurance, even though our trip is in 2019.
    So if I would buy insurance for only 1 use year I would be cover for 1 year of points MF and all the other cost like airfare?

Memorymakerfor4

Mouseketeer
    So if I would buy insurance for only 1 use year I would be cover for 1 year of points MF and all the other cost like airfare?
    I'm not totally sure airfare is included. You better read the policy to check that out. I do know they will cover lost baggage though.

DVCKev

DVC Member
    Your better off getting travel insurance from somewhere else and cheaper.

moericus

Mouseketeer
    Your better off getting travel insurance from somewhere else and cheaper.
    Applies to Car Warranties too

DVC, cruise lines, airlines, car dealerships, etc... they're not in the insurance business. They are charging you a significant surcharge to give you someone else's product. And worse, the re-selling of insurance products has basically no pricing oversight. If you can spare time for a phone call and a little bit of research, then you'll save more than you probably think. (15 minutes can save you... ugh GEICO commercials)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS