DVC ticketing choice, help me decide

lovin'fl

DIS Veteran
I have the 7 day DVC ticket deal that was 7 days for price of 5. You don't have to use all 7 days at once, something like within 6 months. Has to first be used by this Dec 31st or something like that. Here are my options:

A) use 1 day on Oct 5, use 5 days in Dec and then use the last day when on cruise in January that leaves from Baltimore but stops in Port Canaveral. But not sure we want to go to Disney while in port, may want to do something different. Plus my 3 college kids don't have tickets or passes (DH has AP) so we'd need to buy 1 day tickets for them.

B) use as above except let the 7th day go to waste and skip Disney when in port on cruise.

C) on Oct 5th, go to customer relations at Epcot and upgrade that ticket deal to a Platinum AP. Then use like in A above PLUS use for 3 nights in Aug (10 days total)...or still skip Disney while in port on cruise and then it will cover just 9 days total.

Can that deal even be used like in A above...Oct, Dec and Jan? I have read conflicting reports on what date I have to use by. I have been told I can use on 3 separate trips but is that correct or misinformation?

Also...DH has that special DVC deal AP- Platinum Plus but we don't need the Plus and just want to renew it as just Platinum. He renews in Nov. Can we renew a Plat Plus as Plat?

I don't know anything about the 7 day ticket so hopefully someone else can answer you about that.

As far as your husband's AP you can renew it as a regular platinum or even the Gold if you don't need the blacked out dates.

Thank you karrit! That's great.
Anyone else have any suggestions for the 7 day ticket dilemma?

There’s no “bridging” for the special ticket, so “upgrading” will cost you the difference between what you paid and the current AP price. The ticket does have the extended six-month validity, so it will work as you’ve described.

Can that deal even be used like in A above...Oct, Dec and Jan? I have read conflicting reports on what date I have to use by. I have been told I can use on 3 separate trips but is that correct or misinformation?

Yep! The entitlements just have to be used within 6 months of the first use and first use has to be by Dec 31, 2018. You could use it on 7 trips if you wanted, 1 day at a time, as long as all 7 visits were within 6 months of the first use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter