DVC, Split Stays, & 2nd Birthdays (DAK 6/30)

bellaally

DIS Veteran
This trip started like many others before it, with a sale!
Keep in mind that my family and I still had not gone on our first trip to WDW,which was scheduled for December. While I was online I noticed there was a sale with AirTran. Airfare was a steal leaving PHL direct flight to MCO for $78 dollars round trip.(bananas)

I knew we would go again after seeing the sale, there was only one catch it was only valid for flights leaving and returning in the last two weeks of January. Convincing hubby was easy too. It would be a little more than a month after our first trip and we don't know if we will even like it then ........but its only $78 dollars.

He was okay with it if i really wanted to do it....if you make everything sound like we are saving tons of money it makes you feel better about spending the money. We basically had everything we had APs and the flights were dirt cheap. All that is left is resort, food, rental cars, souvenirs, etc(see its a deal)

Our dates were January 21st- 29th. Next was where would we be staying?

I automatically picked Pop Century again I mean its a value so we save money, but we are still in that Disney bubble.

So we booked POP century ........but then someone on another board wrote about cancelling there trip at the last minute, they had to get rid of their reservation and were selling it cheaply.

They were DVC members and since it was less than a month to go they preferred to rent out the ressie.

Sold to me for the little price of about $500. There was a little problem though we only had the reservation from the 23-29th, no problem they just kindly rented us more points altogether I paid $700 including fees and all. This actually is cheaper then staying at pop so we saved more money!

After securing our accommodations something didn't feel right I mean we had space so why don't we invite my sister and nephew.(my motto the more the merrier) They didn't find their flights on sale like us but since we were paying for the rooms, my sister was more than happy to come along!!!

Now before we reveal where we stayed (split stays) lets start the introductions.

image_zps03efb374.jpg

Ally-mom,me,Disney addict (25)
Favorite park: Animal kingdom (love the theming and who doesn't love animals)
Favorite ride: Tower of Terror
Favorite movie: LILO & stitch, princess and the frog, sleeping beauty
Favorite Pixar movie: toy story 3
Favorite WdW food: butterfinger cupcake from starring rolls
Favorite restaurant: ohana's

image_zps3b4eff94.jpg

Jesse- dad,hubby, supporter of addition (27)
Favorite park: Hollywood studios
Favorite ride: thunder mountain railroad
Favorite movie:toy story 1,2,3
Pixar: same
Favorite wdw food: ohana's shrimp
Favorite restaurant: ohana's

image_zpsb0d7531c.jpg

Nicholas-eldest (2)
Favorite park: DHS
Favorite rides: Disney jr. Live,flight of Peter Pan
Favorite movie:peter pan
Pixar: brave
Fave wdw food:pretzel Mickey shaped, ice cream Mickey shaped
Favorite restaurant: tucker house

image_zps8a88c300.jpg

Jordan-baby (7 months old)
Favorite park: magic kingdom
Favorite ride: Winnie the Pooh
Favorite movie:LILO & stitch
Fave food: pretzels any

IMG_0882_zps44ded281.jpg

Carlos (4)
favorite park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite ride: Great Goofini
Favorite movie: Tangled

Z
IMG_0432_zps45e2e97a.jpg

Mari (loving Sister, BF)38
Favorite park:Animal Kingdom
Favorite Movie:Jungle Book
Favorite ride: Everest
Favorite restaurant:tusker house

So it was exactly 5 weeks from our December 2012 trip and I was so ready to be heading back.

I loved our first time and our kids were so great, so why not go again. Lets pick the earliest time to get to Florida because you know the more time at disney the better! Actually I picked early flights because I wanted the kids to sleep during the flights.

We had a 6:45 flight out of Philadelphia via AirTran.

We were dropped off by my lovely brother in law woke him up at the ungodly time of 5am, just to make sure we didn't miss the flight this time.

We got there with all of our bags. We got to Philadelphia international airport around 5:30. We checked our bags and off we went through TSA check.

Now I wanted to be comfy but not look like a total slob. So I wore a maxi dress.... if you're thinking about this don't, unless you enjoy being frisked by TSA before the sun has even risen.

I don't understand the use for the x ray machine or whatever it is if they're just gonna pat you down anyways. TSA guard said the dress was too loose and had to search me even thought I didn't set the alarm off and they X-ray scanned me!

We had our jeep tandem stroller front and back and it was a pain in the butt to fold it and get it through that machine, but somehow we managed.

it was about 6:15 by this time and we were at our gate waiting for loading.

looking around there were so many families on this flight I was very happy, I wanted to yell out we are to Disney people. It was much to early for that thou. These smart people must know you want the earliest flight right?

Our flight was almost packed thank goodness( I used the keyword almost)
airtranlogo.jpg

They began boarding and I was so happy they called passengers with lap Infants because thats what I am.

Now on the previous flight they separated Jesse and I because we have two under 2. They can't have 5 per row (in case of emergency there are only enough oxygen mask for 4. I knew this and had call Airtran to change our seats. The rep said don't worry about it, so I didn't.

Well there was a young lady who had the middle seat, the stewardess said they had space in the back and someone was going to have to move. I immediately started to get up and was explaining to the woman that I knew this was going to happen. The nice lady gave us our first dose of Pixie Dust pixiedust: and said she would move.

I know what you are thinking right free seat for Nicholas....wrong he didn't want to sit in the seat he preferred to lay on top of daddy. Jordan was too small to sit in a regular seat so we had an extra space in between us and I caught some shut eye....

I promise I took like 700 hundred pictures, I got the canon rebel t3i for christmas and it is spectacular. I just didn't want to take it out for airport pictures plus I was still half asleep. :confused3

In case you're wondering my sister lives in brooklyn so she was on the first flight out of JFK, she would be meeting us shortly in Orlando.:cool1:

IMG_0334_zps1016474d.jpg

IMG_0337_zpsc6ed5005.jpg

It was a very smooth and fast plane ride we slept most of the way to Florida. I did wake up the last hour or so and was so excited to be going back so soon.

We got to the MCO monorail, I call it the "other" rail. I hate when people say the "fake " monorail, its not really fake, it gets you excited to go ride the super fantastical one that takes you to MK. So I love riding that very short other rail. Its like your officially in Orlando.

IMG_0340_zps57d552eb.jpg

We met up with my sister hat was waiting with her luggage and Hubby went to go pick up our rental.
IMG_0341_zps7098fb89.jpg

On a side note, I could not find any deals on a car; but at the last minute someone else here on dis told me about the savings for costco members on costco travel dot com. I paid $86 dollars for a crossover that fit 5 people for 9 days. It was a budget no off airport shuttle for us!!:thumbsup2

When we got in the car we put the boys in and packed our luggage . They were super excited just to be together. See this is why I love my kids we are going to Disney and they are excited to be in the back of a new car(so silly).
IMG_0344_zps6ec0bfba.jpg

IMG_0353_zps44c8aece.jpg

Super excited I guess
IMG_0346_zpsc4b54963.jpg

Then it was off to shop for some groceries and check in to our first resort.

IMG_0358_zps23c2705d.jpg

Wish my Walmart carried all this Disney stuff.
IMG_0359_zpsd50adae8.jpg

Where are we going to go?

So we really had to move three times this trip and WE had plenty kids. It was not that hard, we didn't do anything
Disney customer service is the bestest evah!

Our First resort Old Key West. Let me just say right out of the gate this for me was a home run.:worship: I don't know why people don't like it. It was super charming great theming and very peaceful. It had just enough Disney touches to remind you where you are!:love:

I headed to the main check in area. This area was beautifully designed. I completed online check in because I knew we would need the room early and to no surprise our room was ready. Lets head to it!
IMG_0364_zps8754635c.jpg

IMG_0365_zpsb34e545c.jpg

Our area was in a good area a 3 minute walk from our room and this place had a whole lot of shortcuts, or at least I think they are meant to be short cuts.

IMG_0366_zps2bbbf5a9.jpg

Our room was on ground floor, I requested this for my sister who has knee problems and we go it YAY!

IMG_0367_zpsf89f5520.jpg
Mickey waiting on the bed!

The beds were a nice size queen and they were nice and soft, there was also a playard for the 6 month old.
IMG_0368_zps84d21d95.jpg

After staying at Pop I was surprised how much room we actually had for the kids.
IMG_0370_zpsb7836a7b.jpg

IMG_0371_zps825e6cad.jpg
This kitchenette is a godsend. The fridge is big enough for a gallon milk and other things. It was nicely stocked with plasticware and those disney parks plates. there were some glass dishes and mugs which we didn't use.

The bathroom was nice and big
IMG_0372_zpsc4ba207a.jpg

IMG_0374_zpsf15298e0.jpg

IMG_0377_zps79bc3b31.jpg
The view from our patio, very nice!

Jordan was tuckered out!, Poor Baby
IMG_0378_zpsf7c04aa4.jpg

IMG_0380_zps124ff8f9.jpg

Researching Old Key WEst there was a lot of comments about feeling boring or older, but I actually found it very peaceful. In december although I don't mind noise and can fall asleep with any amount of noise, (i have two under 2 l:rotfl:) Pop is extremely loud :happytv:at times and you can hear through the walls. All I heard here was jimminy, Crickets that is !

In for your TR! :)

YAY! :welcome: hope you enjoy my TR. Thank goodness you comment its nice to know I'm not talking to myself HAHA :rotfl2:

I actually went in May and was going to start that TR but I thought I have until October might as well start with this one!

I left out this picture from the room tour, I began taking pictures immediately after entering the room. It is the only reason Stacy isn't on!
IMG_0369_zps3f5ce9e0.jpg

After unpacking what we need for the night and our outfits for our first park tomorrow morning; We called the Concierge and explained we will be checking in to a different resort tomorrow morning. He told me no problem someone will be by our room to pick up all the luggage that is going to be transferred.

The guy came very quickly and I tipped him $2 per bag.

Everything else we would easily fit in the trunk of the car.

Now we did grab some goodies to eat from the Quick Service near Olivia's cafe, Good's to go! I didn't take any Pictures though. We had burgers and fries, regular Disney fare.

There is only outside seating which was not bad because it was a rather cool day. I could only imagine it being the middle of July and no indoor seating space (no bueno!)

After eating our grub, everyone was suddenly sleeply. I took a shower and decided to make use of my new camera and explore some of Old Key West.

Nice lanterns outside the rooms
IMG_0381_zps2bd0b347.jpg

I really enjoyed all the subtle Disney touches truly charming

Jesse enjoying some scenery.

Sign over the main house.

This was my favorite design aspect for Old Key West none of the other resorts I have stayed at have been so charming. (now I have only stayed in four) But I have visited GF and Poly. GF to me is elegance all the way but there is a stuck up or snobbish quality to all the decor. I still wanna stay there but without the kids for a very special occasion. Poly is very polynesian lol. It takes you away to the caribbean or islands.

Love struck:

We found out you can rent boats but I'm not sure if these were it. We also noticed on the boardwalk an area to wait for the boat that takes you to Downtown Disney. We were thinking about it but we were in the area for about 20 minutes so we keep moving.

I loved this pool so big and open, unfortunately this day was pretty cool and I didn't want to risk the kids getting sick.

We peeked in here and there were many things for little ones to do color and recreation items. They have arts and crafts scheduled throughout the week.

I thought these bicycles were super cool to put the kids in and go. They had regular adult bikes for rent as well. So thing that is a must do for November.

This was inside the main house where you check in to the left.

I saw this and all I could say was soon.

So we headed back to the room early but we were feeling the early travel. Up Next our First Day at the parks..... and a new resort!:hyper:

Stitch woke us up early today! it was fine not like I wanted to stay in bed. We woke up around 6:30am so that we could dress and put the rest of the things in the car. We ate some quick breakfast food, then we were in the car on our way.

I wanted to check in to our next resort before we hit up the park. After returning from the park we could head straight to the room and relax.
So where were we staying for the next 3 days!

Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House!!

When I say that this lobby is the most gorgeous thing that I have ever seen in my life its true. It is truly breathtaking so exotic and rich in deep wood tones very earthy and relaxing.

Prior to arrival I had checked us in early. When I went to the online check in desk they told me they were still cleaning our room.

So I grabbed my room keys and we went to our first park of the trip Animal Kingdom.

I left my sister and Husband with the kids at the front and told them to pick up the photopass plus and to meet me near FOTLK. I had other important matters. It was already 9:30am when I grabbed fastpasses for Kilimanjaro Safari. I headed back trading some pins along the way and snapping some pictures!

We would be back later for you!

We watched some of the animals walked some trails and took some photopass pictures!

We decided to meet some characters in camp Minnie Mickey.

its very hard trying to teach a 3 year old the concept of waiting your turn.

Chip and Dale were up first.

He had their pin, they thought it was soo cool.

Jordan liked the chipmunks too

Next up was Donald, My son loves donald so did my nephew(i think more the Mickey, sheesh!!)

Then finally our favorite Jungle book Pals

I did see Pocahontas but she didn't look like pocahontas all all so I decided to skip. We went to see the Festival of the lion king. It was the first time That I saw it and I don't normally take pictures to not miss anything. Here a good one though.

I really enjoyed the show and the kids loved it.

We were off to our safari adventure. It was time to go, the fastpass said so.

The hippo was up and exercising surprisingly!

Don't fall over!

Our son was laughing hysterically at the bumpiness of the ride.

I don't know if you could tell but that tan thing way up there that resembles a rug, is a lion lying down!

This pics are not great blame my hubby who I handed the camera off too.

Here are the troublemakers.

This was the last we saw of them since they removed them due to their rowdiness. They did station themselves in front of the truck and didn't move for a while.

Next up Tusker House for some food, an old favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!