DVC Snobs

Your tractor doesn’t have a cab ? I feel sorry for you. You must be really poor. Lol
Awww ... then please pity me (and send money). My tractor doesn't even have a sunlid!

IMG_0064.JPG

Oh, well ... the photo didn't stick. Imagine an image similar to one shown previously in this thread ... doing a similar task. My Kubota has only the ROPS w/out the sun lid ... and I'm carrying my panels on the rear using my chain lift forks. I have better weather in my image (a bright, sunny day in SoCal) ... but otherwise very similar photo.

Last edited:
Awww ... then please pity me (and send money). My tractor doesn't even have a sunlid!

IMG_0064.JPG

Oh, well ... the photo didn't stick. Imagine an image similar to one shown previously in this thread ... doing a similar task. My Kubota has only the ROPS w/out the sun lid ... and I'm carrying my panels on the rear using my chain lift forks. I have better weather in my image (a bright, sunny day in SoCal) ... but otherwise very similar photo.

Our Kubota only has the ROPS bar too lol. Almost 16 years and I've never driven the thing...so I can never get blamed when it breaks! I am sure DH dreams of an air conditioned cab.

We bought DVC back in 2014 and are for sure a middle class (farm) family. Farm life!

Our Kubota only has the ROPS bar too lol. Almost 16 years and I've never driven the thing...so I can never get blamed when it breaks! I am sure DH dreams of an air conditioned cab.

We bought DVC back in 2014 and are for sure a middle class (farm) family. Farm life!
C'mon! Get out there and play!

(FWIW, our tractor is really "my" tractor. My DH has only used it once, I think. But gladly, he helps me with servicing it ... what a dear fellow! I do the every-10-hour maintenance but need help beyond that.)

C'mon! Get out there and play!

(FWIW, our tractor is really "my" tractor. My DH has only used it once, I think. But gladly, he helps me with servicing it ... what a dear fellow! I do the every-10-hour maintenance but need help beyond that.)

I can't drive a stick. I'd grind the gears right off of it LOL. DH does all the "tractorin'"...I take care of feeding/mucking/training/riding our 30 horses. I do drive the riding mower though! That kinda counts? We work 7 days a week. No days off. So We definitely earn those trips to Disney!

I can't drive a stick. I'd grind the gears right off of it LOL. DH does all the "tractorin'"...I take care of feeding/mucking/training/riding our 30 horses. I do drive the riding mower though! That kinda counts? We work 7 days a week. No days off. So We definitely earn those trips to Disney!

I hear you on the well deserved vacations. We only have 9 horses, can’t imagine 30. Put me in the my tractor only has a ROPS group too. The big problem is to find someone to take care of all the animals when one goes on vacation.

I hear you on the well deserved vacations. We only have 9 horses, can’t imagine 30. Put me in the my tractor only has a ROPS group too. The big problem is to find someone to take care of all the animals when one goes on vacation.

We only own 8. The other 22 are my boarders's. Thank God for a great group of employees we have that make it possible to get away once in a blue moon.

I wasn’t going to post about a conversation I overheard, while relaxing in a DVC longe but I feel compelled to share.

So I’m sitting quietly while enjoying a beverage and a snack when a family and what seemed to be their friends came over and sat close by. One of their friends asked about DVC. A conversation then ensued about the fact anyone (middle class) now being able to own and old money vs new money and things not being what they used to be when they bought.

They seemed to have a problem with anyone being able to purchase and boasted about how many points they owned (a lot) and the need to get more. Don’t get me wrong. This is America and anyone should be able to do anything they want. However, they shouldn’t group people into classes and act like they are better than others.

What a bunch of elitist snobs.

Aw memories! :cloud9: Sweet, sweet memories.

Haven't read the entire thread, so maybe someone has told you already. But back in the day that kind of talk was openly posted on the DVC section here! :laughing:

Sorry you missed it. It was always quite entertaining. :drinking1

I try to live my life such that others think of me as "that riffraff..."

It's actually quite liberating. On Twitter, there's a guy that always complains about people that take their shoes off on airplanes. I'm thinking of trying it on my next trip down...

We’re of the same riffraff blood. I can’t remember the last time I kept my sandals (you read that right) on for a whole flight. Luckily for me my freakishly large tootsies are usually jammed so far under the seat in front of me that nobody notices. My pack of feral kids also ensures that all of the seats around me are occupied by friendlies, further masking the origin of that malodorous scent causing those in front of me to turn up their noses in that questioning way only sweaty sandal feet can. Of course by the time they pinpoint me as the offender I’ve already flipped my flops back on leaving them suspicious, but unable to make a federal case.

The issue with taking shoes off on a plane isn't the odor, it is all of the other junk that has been on the floor that I am picking up with my feet. I mean, blood, commit, etc. Is just the tip of the iceberg.

For some, anyone richer than you is a snob, and anyone poorer than you is a hick.

I see that all the time on social media when talking WDW. Those "off property" people might as well be from the cast of the Florida Project.
Anyone at the poverty line in the US is a 1%er from a global standpoint.

Wow, really Dean? I hadn't realized. What an humbling image for me today. Thanks ... all the more to remember today as we count our blessings as a nation.
Yes, I knew this but had it reaffirmed just yesterday in a conference. Even at $14K a year household it puts one at around the mid 80% when looked at globally (forget whether it was 83% or 87%). Even that doesn't take into account various programs that enhance those at a lower level.

Yes, I knew this but had it reaffirmed just yesterday in a conference. Even at $14K a year household it puts one at around the mid 80% when looked at globally (forget whether it was 83% or 87%). Even that doesn't take into account various programs that enhance those at a lower level.
Goodness. Most humbling. Thank you for the confirmation and follow-up.

I heard a very similar conversation staying at copper creek just after it opened. Funny enough it was a bunch of younger people in the hot tub who were all Old Money and were staying on their parents DVC contracts that I gathered they had inherited. They were a very entitled bunch who were complaining and joking about DVC owners who were not millionaires shouldn't be allowed in the "club" and Disney should run background checks and have you meet qualifications. I think they confused DVC with Club 33.

I found them a horribly annoying bunch and DW and I were planning on moving to the other pool's hot tub but it was after 11. In any case he CM's kicked everyone out (even though I had been told that pool was 'really 24 hours since it's not enforced').

I heard a very similar conversation staying at copper creek just after it opened. Funny enough it was a bunch of younger people in the hot tub who were all Old Money and were staying on their parents DVC contracts that I gathered they had inherited. They were a very entitled bunch who were complaining and joking about DVC owners who were not millionaires shouldn't be allowed in the "club" and Disney should run background checks and have you meet qualifications. I think they confused DVC with Club 33.

I found them a horribly annoying bunch and DW and I were planning on moving to the other pool's hot tub but it was after 11. In any case he CM's kicked everyone out (even though I had been told that pool was 'really 24 hours since it's not enforced').
Possibly but the majority of millionaires didn't inherit it, they worked for it. I see entitled mentality at all stations in life and with DVC, it seems to be more than it's fair share.

Oh, no worries like that on my end. I'm a partner. That's why the others look at me funny. They can't understand why I would slum it at WDW. I have kids, which is one reason we go, but I loved going to WDW even before I had kids. I have a couple of partners who go once or twice if their kids push for it, but the rest of them pretend like WDW doesn't exist.

I should also note that being a partner doesn't mean you get to totally unplug. If I have a deal or something rolling along I have to stay connected. I've sat in on conference calls while standing in line for rides more than once.

I'm not a partner in a law firm, but a pastor at a church. One of my fellow pastors who has a church in Winter Garden, FL knew I was in town and asked me to play the organ for Sunday services when his regular organist called off. We were in the pre-show area for Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I've also had live business meetings at the Cheshire Cat. Lots of fun times.

Whenever I hear (or read) people bragging about how many DVC points they own or how many cruises they've taken the family on, I always wonder how much they have saved in their 401K or 403B plans for retirement and how much they have put into their children's 529 education plans. Or, are they those people who gettot that point in life and expect the government to pay for everything?

Whenever I hear (or read) people bragging about how many DVC points they own or how many cruises they've taken the family on, I always wonder how much they have saved in their 401K or 403B plans for retirement and how much they have put into their children's 529 education plans. Or, are they those people who gettot that point in life and expect the government to pay for everything?
Or maybe, just maybe, they can afford to do all of those things. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter