DVC shop rental- dining plan

jlk0809

Earning My Ears
Hi! We have a 1 night DVC rental stay at Poly during our upcoming trip. Rented a confirmed reservation through DVC Shop. I just paid for and put in a request to add the dining plan for that one night (don't have it for the rest of our trip) because it's basically the same price as our Garden Grill reservation, but we'll also get a snack, QS meal and snack each. Win.
Will I get some sort of confirmation that the member added the plan for me? How will I see it in MDE? Also, my card has been charged twice by DVC Shop, but both charges are still pending. Will that second charge fall off?

You need to provide a payment for the dining plan, have you been asked to do so? A member isn’t going to charge it to their credit card to add it (has to be paid up front) and I doubt you’re letting the DVC rental company provide them with your credit card information to do so…

You need to provide a payment for the dining plan, have you been asked to do so? A member isn’t going to charge it to their credit card to add it (has to be paid up front) and I doubt you’re letting the DVC rental company provide them with your credit card information to do so…
If you read my post I said I DID pay for it. I paid last night and my card has been charged twice (as pending).

If you read my post I said I DID pay for it. I paid last night and my card has been charged twice (as pending).
Your OP wasn't clear that the two credit card charges were for the dining plan amount. I actually read that as it was hit twice for the rental and thought the first may have been a hold to make sure you had enough credit and then the second was the full charge. Anyway... I hope you are squared away with your dining plan and that the extra charge has dropped.

Your OP wasn't clear that the two credit card charges were for the dining plan amount. I actually read that as it was hit twice for the rental and thought the first may have been a hold to make sure you had enough credit and then the second was the full charge. Anyway... I hope you are squared away with your dining plan and that the extra charge has dropped.
Agree completely with this. The OP was not clear in the post (and a little rude with his/her response), how could one put in a request for a DP and have paid for it if it is a request? And based on other threads that have become popular on renting points/confirmed reservations, chances are this broker is the owner of the points.

I rented the points in December. For the dining plan, I had to request it, then they immediately sent an invoice which I paid. They charged my card twice. After 3 days of the charges sitting on my account and no confirmation of the dining plan being added, I emailed them. They were able to confirm the dining plan and after another 24 hours emailed me again saying the extra charge is being refunded.

OP, maybe you know this:

When you send payment to the rental agency to add the dining plan to your reservation, the dining plan doesn't get added to your reservation automatically when the agency processes your payment.

That's because the dining plan does not get added to your reservation by the agency.

The dining plan gets added to your reservation by the owner of the points which were used to make the reservation.

As PP mentioned, sometimes rental agencies own DVC contracts, so sometimes the agency IS the owner of the points.

But if the agency is not the owner, the agency has to contact the owner. You don't know how fast an owner will get around to doing it. When the owner receives the request from the agency, the owner could be busy, sick, on vacation... The owner is living their own life. The owner's job is not "DVC." The owner's contract with the rental agency probably says that the owner has to put in the request, but that doesn't mean it's a super high priority in the owner's life.

OP, maybe you know this:

When you send payment to the rental agency to add the dining plan to your reservation, the dining plan doesn't get added to your reservation automatically when the agency processes your payment.

That's because the dining plan does not get added to your reservation by the agency.

The dining plan gets added to your reservation by the owner of the points which were used to make the reservation.

As PP mentioned, sometimes rental agencies own DVC contracts, so sometimes the agency IS the owner of the points.

But if the agency is not the owner, the agency has to contact the owner. You don't know how fast an owner will get around to doing it. When the owner receives the request from the agency, the owner could be busy, sick, on vacation... The owner is living their own life. The owner's job is not "DVC." The owner's contract with the rental agency probably says that the owner has to put in the request, but that doesn't mean it's a super high priority in the owner's life.
I do know this. I actually have points rented through 2 companies. My stay is extremely soon and it was a last minute decision to add that day of dining plan. For one company I could not add the dining plan because we are within 30 days of my trip, which is totally fine, understandable.

My issue was more that I was charged the full amount twice- not just a hold- 2 charges cleared, and yet I did not have any confirmation or any communication as to plan being added, and it is very time sensitive. I assume that since I was allowed to add the dining plan so close to my trip that either A. The company has some sort of an agreement with the owner as to how quickly they need to process the request, or B. The agency is the owner of the points.
They were quick to respond when I reached out to them, and everything is settled.

Thanks for giving me the idea to add for one night because it could cover a reservation cost!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter