DVC resorts set to open June 22!

So if the pools are open it would certainly make for a relaxing vacation. I wonder about transportation. Will Magical Express be running? And since Disney Springs is open I wonder if buses will run there.

Just received an email from DVC stating:

”Our Members and guests will also play an important role in helping prevent the spread of illness. Like our Cast, all Members and guests will be asked to wear face coverings in public resort areas when not eating or drinking and to respect physical distancing.”

I was expecting to wear masks in the parks during our November trip. But having to wear them every moment you are out of the room seems too much for me personally. Unfortunately I am booked on some borrowed points and may not have the option to reschedule. Not trying to make this a debate about masks and whether Disney can require people to wear a mask. Of course they can. It is their private property. Just wondered if everyone knew that they would be expected to wear them at all public places at the resorts too.

I give up. Y’all fail to see logic and legality. Too much pixie dust in your eyes.
Geeez enough with the warnings already....we get it! It hasn't been approved by the Governor yet, but based on the facts that were provided, we the Disers, are all confident it will be approved by DeSantis within the next 48 hours, and therefore because we have common sense, the chickens are being counted now. You think Disney didn't previously consult with state and county officials to determine what it would take to do a phased re-opening before even putting their plan on the table for review and at the same time making a public relations announcement about re-opening? :confused3

How long will it take DVC to recover from being down this long? Two-three years?

I figure the next 18 months could be rough for those who are locked into specific travel dates and rooms sizes, especially studios,

Other than that, I think many will be okay if they book their home resorts at 11 months and are flexible.

The extension of the 2018 points is only until November 30th. September through then is already pretty full so while that seems great, and some owners will benefit, I bet a good deal will be lost anyway with limited parks that might make people not want to go.

”Our Members and guests will also play an important role in helping prevent the spread of illness. Like our Cast, all Members and guests will be asked to wear face coverings in public resort areas when not eating or drinking and to respect physical distancing.”

I was expecting to wear masks in the parks during our November trip. But having to wear them every moment you are out of the room seems too much for me personally. Unfortunately I am booked on some borrowed points and may not have the option to reschedule. Not trying to make this a debate about masks and whether Disney can require people to wear a mask. Of course they can. It is their private property. Just wondered if everyone knew that they would be expected to wear them at all public places at the resorts too.

I did expect it to be policy but wondered if things around the resort when people are outside and not near anyone else how strict they will be,

By November, things could be very different and by then, it may be parks only or when you can’t distance,

I will be at the Grand Floridan on July 3rd so we will see how it shakes out!

Geeez enough with the warnings already....we get it! It hasn't been approved by the Governor yet, but based on the facts that were provided, we the Disers, are all confident it will be approved by DeSantis within the next 48 hours, and therefore because we have common sense, the chickens are being counted now. You think Disney didn't previously consult with state and county officials to determine what it would take to do a phased re-opening before even putting their plan on the table for review and at the same time making a public relations announcement about re-opening? :confused3

Which I’m sure is the same confidence that said “they would never close Disney” and “they won’t close businesses” and “the won’t close things longer than a week” and THEN cried because of allll the plans that fell through and things you didn’t get to do.

If there’s one thing we should have learned during this, it is don’t speculate what WILL happen until it actually DOES.

Which I’m sure is the same confidence that said “they would never close Disney” and “they won’t close businesses” and “the won’t close things longer than a week” and THEN cried because of allll the plans that fell through and things you didn’t get to do.

If there’s one thing we should have learned during this, it is don’t speculate what WILL happen until it actually DOES.

To be fair, the thread title is DVC resorts, and that has been confirmed.

But, for parks, you are correct, the Governor has not yet signed off,,only the Mayor.

Some, like me, are going for resorts only anyway so the announcement is still exciting!

Which I’m sure is the same confidence that said “they would never close Disney” and “they won’t close businesses” and “the won’t close things longer than a week” and THEN cried because of allll the plans that fell through and things you didn’t get to do. If there’s one thing we should have learned during this, it is don’t speculate what WILL happen until it actually DOES.
It's human nature for people to form conjecture on what something means without having 100% certainty. That's generally how internet forums work. We don't have to just sit here waiting for the Governors pen to hit the paper. Even when he does approve it there is still much to be learned as Disney releases the full extent of how things are going to work. Until then, we can speculate without full knowledge of what is going to happen...and it will be ok.

Last edited:
”I was expecting to wear masks in the parks during our November trip. But having to wear them every moment you are out of the room seems too much for me personally. Unfortunately I am booked on some borrowed points and may not have the option to reschedule. Not trying to make this a debate about masks and whether Disney can require people to wear a mask. Of course they can. It is their private property. Just wondered if everyone knew that they would be expected to wear them at all public places at the resorts too.
I'm in the same boat, borrowed points to bring extended family, now since the resort will be open might not be able to get the points un-borrowed :(

I'm in the same boat, borrowed points to bring extended family, now since the resort will be open might not be able to get the points un-borrowed :(

As of right now, they are still allowing borrowed points to be returned..there were reports of that.

Unfortunately, no guarantee for how much longer. If you think you arent going, it might be beneficial to cancel sooner rather than later?

Yeah I think it is too much mask wearing for me to be able to enjoy the trip, at least in the summer. I agree masks are safer, but it makes for a less enjoyable trip, especially with my 7 year old who will complain about it constantly.

A nice resort to stay at might be AKV though, there you could watch animals on your balcony and eat at some of the many great restaurants on property. I wouldn't mind having a mini-trip there if I lived closer to WDW.

So if the pools are open it would certainly make for a relaxing vacation. I wonder about transportation. Will Magical Express be running? And since Disney Springs is open I wonder if buses will run there.
Do we think pools are going to be open? I see that water features will be closed, so I think that means pools also. We may book for Mid July since our AP's are still good but they will expire fairly soon. Beach club is open the days we are looking for, but we may do something else if there are no pools.

Do we think pools are going to be open? I see that water features will be closed, so I think that means pools also. We may book for Mid July since our AP's are still good but they will expire fairly soon. Beach club is open the days we are looking for, but we may do something else if there are no pools.

The message indicates pools will be open but with limited capacity. We do not yet have specifics how it will be handled And if only DVC pools or entire resort when shared.

Yeah I think it is too much mask wearing for me to be able to enjoy the trip, at least in the summer. I agree masks are safer, but it makes for a less enjoyable trip, especially with my 7 year old who will complain about it constantly.

A nice resort to stay at might be AKV though, there you could watch animals on your balcony and eat at some of the many great restaurants on property. I wouldn't mind having a mini-trip there if I lived closer to WDW.

I agree wearing a mask at WDW in the summer won't be a pleasant thing to do but I don't think wearing a mask is going to be a permanent thing. Unfortunately it will probably be in place for several months into the future but maybe by November it will be relaxed a little bit and only be required in the parks. No one knows for sure, we will all have to wait and see how things go.

This gives a little more info on reservations.

"Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited as we welcome guests back to the magic, we will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on guests with existing tickets and reservations (Disney Vacation Club members can still make new reservations). Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we’ll be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new ticket sales and hotel reservations after that period of time. Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon. "

Oooh good find. Makes more sense now.

I did expect it to be policy but wondered if things around the resort when people are outside and not near anyone else how strict they will be,

By November, things could be very different and by then, it may be parks only or when you can’t distance,

I will be at the Grand Floridan on July 3rd so we will see how it shakes out!
I’m thinking that if you aren’t around anyone you don’t have wear the mask outside. It said in “public places” so if I’m just walking outside from my room (at OKW) to the pool then I don’t need to have a mask on as long others aren’t around. That’s the way I took it .

We are at OKW July 6-11 if the pools aren’t open I guess we will head to Volcano Bay or maybe take a day trip to Cocoa Beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts