DVC resale member invited to Moonlight Magic.

Chrisizzle

Mouseketeer
I am a new-ish resale owner at BLT. I just got an email from DVC with an invitation to book attendance at 2020 Moonlight Magic events. My resale contract should not get me into Moonlight Magic and the link does not actually work either. Before I get my hopes up:

1) Was I sent this in error? Anyone else get it?
Maybe that’s why the link doesn’t work.

2) Is this sent to all DVC members in an effort to remind/encourage people to buy some direct points?

3) Have the member benefits changed and resale members can now attend Moonlight magic?

I would say it’s an error. My link works. As far as I know, resale buyers are still not eligible, unless they own direct points.

I am a new-ish resale owner at BLT. I just got an email from DVC with an invitation to book attendance at 2020 Moonlight Magic events. My resale contract should not get me into Moonlight Magic and the link does not actually work either. Before I get my hopes up:

1) Was I sent this in error? Anyone else get it?
Maybe that’s why the link doesn’t work.

2) Is this sent to all DVC members in an effort to remind/encourage people to buy some direct points?

3) Have the member benefits changed and resale members can now attend Moonlight magic?
I didn’t think that any 2020 Moonlight Magic events had been announced yet? I’m not seeing anything on the members’ website.

I also got an email and I am resale who doesn't have any perks. I am able to click the link and see the dates. It's funny because the email specifically invites us "Dear LastName family" and doesn't mention anything about needing qualifying points. But I am sure it is an error. Too bad, because one of the dates coincides with our trip. But then I remember how many hundreds of after hours tickets I can buy with my resale savings so I am okay with it. :laughing:

I'm a resale only member and I get ALL OF THE promos for blue card only members. I got the moonlight magic as well today. I just figured they didn't have a way to split us up in relation to marketing material. Or quite possibly they are teasing us to make us want direct.

I would say it’s an error. My link works. As far as I know, resale buyers are still not eligible, unless they own direct points.

Probably like most things you can buy it but cant use it until you flash your blue card. I can put a DVC AP Gold membership in my cart as well.

They did just put up the dates for 2020 ,but the earliest registration is November 20 staying on property.

Disney's email program is very inconsistent about who gets what.

You got the email. You won't be allowed to register.

On the flip side, I am a long time blue card DVC member, and did not get an email. I will call next week if it does not arrive to see what is happening. (I do have a trip during one of the MK dates, so it matters to me)

On the flip side, I am a long time blue card DVC member, and did not get an email. I will call next week if it does not arrive to see what is happening. (I do have a trip during one of the MK dates, so it matters to me)
I just got my email a few minutes ago. They must be going out in batches.

I'm a brand new member and got mine around 11am EST. Kinda disappointed there isn't one scheduled during my trip next year. There was one at AK when I was there this August but I wasn't a member then. :(

I am new resale and got the email. I chalked this up to promotional -- ie. just look what you would get if you buy direct! We toured in July and get all sorts of promotional DVC stuff.

Also a direct (and resale member) and no email for me either. I will be there next September (not yet booked), so will be planning for the Hollywood Studios. And I am local to Disneyland with VGC points, so very interested in those dates, so I can book VGC at 11 months out! Am paying cash to stay at Paradise Pier for the event next month and would really have preferred to use my points if I had known 11 months out.

I am a resale only owner and I just figure it is DVC's way of showing me what I am missing and it's like they are saying: "Nah, nah, you can't come!" :rotfl2:With the rumors of the direct DVC price increase coming very soon, I am very content to count my savings :cool1:

Last edited:
I REALLY think Disney should be able to fix this and target email appropriately. It's a formula, they have the contract data, they should be able to do it perfectly!

Direct member since 1999. No email. I usually get all of the Disney emails. Nothing in my junk folder, either.

But no worries. I don't schedule trips just for MM events, anyway and none of the dates will be during our usual times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter