DVC Resale/Direct - Are you treated differently by CM’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob191186

Earning My Ears
Just bought my first DVC contract on the resale market and was just curious to see if anybody who has bought resale before ever felt like they have been treated differently to that of Direct purchase owners?

my understanding is that purchasing Direct you are given a blue membership card, where as with Resale you don’t have anything physical, just your online account. Has anybody ever been able to get the 20% off dining/merchandise by only owning Resale? When CM’s ask if you have DVC/Annual Pass discount after purchases/dining, do you say “No” as you only own resale?

I’m not intending to lie or try to scam a discount when I don’t own Direct, however it would feel a bit disheartening knowing you own DVC but when asked by a CM, you have to say no as the discounts don’t apply to you.

If you do not have the blue card you will not get the discounts. They will ask to see the card in most cases.

Just bought my first DVC contract on the resale market and was just curious to see if anybody who has bought resale before ever felt like they have been treated differently to that of Direct purchase owners?

my understanding is that purchasing Direct you are given a blue membership card, where as with Resale you don’t have anything physical, just your online account. Has anybody ever been able to get the 20% off dining/merchandise by only owning Resale? When CM’s ask if you have DVC/Annual Pass discount after purchases/dining, do you say “No” as you only own resale?

I’m not intending to lie or try to scam a discount when I don’t own Direct, however it would feel a bit disheartening knowing you own DVC but when asked by a CM, you have to say no as the discounts don’t apply to you.
Honestly, the rules are very clear. Answer as you will. You are still an owner, just not one with a blue card. It could go either way. Some ask for a card or proof using MDE, I’ve seen some mention they just pull up the card on the MDE and they are given the discount.
YMMV.....

As a resale only member if they ask if you have a DVC discount you would say no, you wouldn't be judged any different vs any other person that may be there. Don't try and "sneak" by because they will check your card. Both full members and resale only members are able to pull up the card on their phone, so I wouldn't assume someone else is getting by that way, they could be a full member and just using the disney app.

To answer the question a little differently, as in do the CM's treat you differently for things you deserve (staying at a DVC resort) vs a full member....Myself, 93% of my points are through resale, but I was able to get in under that "25 point" member rule when they first required direct, so I am a full member. I haven't noticed any acknowledgement that I'm mostly resale whatsoever, they treat me like I see them treating every other DVC member, even at the epcot lounge. For the 25 points the perks were work it...with the current requirements, I wouldn't bother becoming a full member. Of course this is me saying this in 2020, come 20 years or so from now as new resorts come up and I can only use my 25 points at them, I may have a different tune!

As mentioned, those without a blue card are not entitled to the DVC discounts,

Obviously, it is up to the CM to request to see the card, which I have always been asked to provide,

Since we don’t want to go down a path with suggestions to get around this, I am going to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter