DVC Rentals

I rented from them in 2017. The only possible downsides are that you pay upfront (although I preferred that, it made all the meal costs, etc on vacation hurt the wallet a bit less when the bill came), and that you will almost certainly start looking at DVC resales while you are in your room. I'm glad we did it the one time and would do it again if I hadn't bought DVC after that stay. Now I'm trying to convince my brothers to use it when they go.

How do you find someone who has points for rent for March? Looking for properties within Magic Kingdom area or Boardwalk area.

How do you find someone who has points for rent for March? Looking for properties within Magic Kingdom area or Boardwalk area.
There is a separate forum called DVC-Rent/Trade.
Or you can go to one of the rent/trade brokers who are generally dealing with a lot of DVC owners and can find things quickly, assuming there is availability. Depending on what type of room you're looking for, a lot is already gone in March.

This is how we Disney now. We always rent DVC because it saves us a lot of money and allows us to stay at the BEST of the BEST. We're fortunate to know people to rent from, but I would happily book Davids if necessary.

This is how we Disney now. We always rent DVC because it saves us a lot of money and allows us to stay at the BEST of the BEST. We're fortunate to know people to rent from, but I would happily book Davids if necessary.

It really is the best way to go (at least for us), and what you said is spot on about saving $$ and getting able to stay in the Best of the Best.
After renting points privately with no problem, we came to use Davids several times, can't say enough nice things about their customer service reps and how quick they get back to you when you email them. When the live chat is available they have actual REAL info and can help you out with your specific reservation instead of passing you off to have to call someone. Highly recommend them.

How do you find someone who has points for rent for XXXXX? Looking for properties within YYYYYY area or ZZZZZ area.
Be very careful. Do not respond to private messages from people who have read your request. That is how people have gotten scammed. You want to omit these details so you don't get bothered by scammers.

I got a Pin code from Disney for a
“Returning Guest” and the price at a Deluxe Villa was the same to which David’s rental was using to rent out points. I think Disney is getting smart to these rental guys. I used to rent points from someone I know for $9- $10, and David’s is up to $13-$15 a point. I would not be surprised if rates have not gone up again.

“Returning Guest” and the price at a Deluxe Villa was the same to which David’s rental was using to rent out points. I think Disney is getting smart to these rental guys. I used to rent points from someone I know for $9- $10, and David’s is up to $13-$15 a point. I would not be surprised if rates have not gone up again.
The inventory for cash rentals is different from the points inventory. I might have the reason wrong (someone correct me if this isn't it) but as I understand it, it's to compensate for members who use their points on hotel rooms and/or cruises.

With dues up to $8 a point for just about all the resorts, you are not going to find the cheap rates any more. Especially if the broker gets a cut of the rental.

The inventory for cash rentals is different from the points inventory. I might have the reason wrong (someone correct me if this isn't it) but as I understand it, it's to compensate for members who use their points on hotel rooms and/or cruises.
You are right. We were given an excellent rate for Old Key West. I would have needed a 2 bedroom villa and a deluxe suite and we still did not have enough beds for 14 people. So we looked into adding another 2 bedroom Villa and our price was almost $10,000. I checked into a 3 bedroom but it was not discounted, but it only added a room with bunk beds. I checked with David’s rental and I was quoted almost the exact same price.

I think the disadvantage is that you can't really cancel, something you can do with 8rental.com in Europe, but that's not possible here. From there, I think it's good service.

DVC Rentals:

You need to plan in advance (its WAY too late to get the Boardwalk area for this March). Preferably eleven months out.
Reservations are usually final - you get pregnant, that's your problem. You lose your job, that's your problem. A hurricane rolls in, that's your problem - get insurance.
If the owner behind your points doesn't pay their dues or goes into foreclosure, your reservation will be cancelled - if you go through a broker, you will get your money back, but won't have a room.
DVC studios are (with the exception of OKW) a queen bed and a pull out couch. Many studios have a pull down smallish twin to sleep a fifth person. You don't get two "real beds."
DVC checking time is AFTER 4 and there is no late checkout - its 11am.
You will not be eligible for specials (like free dining) that come along. And remember, you can't cancel your reservation if free dining is released for your dates. Every year we see angry renters who can't get free dining and can't cancel their DVC rental.
There is no daily housekeeping - or daily towel refresh. If you need clean towels every day - you may end up paying for them (sometimes they don't charge, but by contract, they can).
Generally, you pay upfront.
There are more people interesting in renting DVC points - especially at the near park resorts - than there are owners interested in renting out their points. Just because you've decided to rent points does not mean you will find an owner who has point to rent you.
DVC units are well used between refreshes with high occupancy rates. Expect broken drawer pulls or scuffs on walls or stained carpet - that's pretty normal. Member dues pay for refreshes, and members mostly don't want to pay for perfection.

Disney is not involved in rentals of DVC units - if something goes wrong, they aren't going to make magic happen. It is a private arrangement between two individuals. There may be a broker involved - but they are just matchmaking and holding money in escrow to add security. They have no control over an owner defaulting on their loan.

Some of this might be different with different private owners - some private owners would let you sublet a reservation you can't use. Others won't (because their contract is with you and the member is responsible for their "guests." ). Some will let you pay half upfront and half sixty days out or something. Some will try and move your reservation if needed. Others won't. Brokers generally won't even talk to you about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!