DVC Rental Companies

The rise in DVC prices and maintenance fees have gone up even faster.

Not exactly. A broker's incentive is volume, not the specific commission. That's why your real estate agent (or DVC resale broker, for that matter) has the exact opposite incentive as you do in that they want to close the deal ASAP no matter what the price, whereas you want to get the best deal (on either end of the transaction). The only thing that motivates a DVC broker to raise rates is owners refusing to provide the points. As long as there are enough people willing to accept $13.50 or 14.50/point, the price will probably stay where it is. I'd do the same thing if I were a rental broker.

but doesn't he have a shortage of VGF/VGC/BCV/BWV points to rent? I don't see why AKV is thrown into the same tier as the others, when the supply is clearly indicating that that price structure isn't appropriate.

It would seem to me that they need to establish an ultra-premium tier of points...especially during fall frenzy.

but doesn't he have a shortage of VGF/VGC/BCV/BWV points to rent? I don't see why AKV is thrown into the same tier as the others, when the supply is clearly indicating that that price structure isn't appropriate.

It would seem to me that they need to establish an ultra-premium tier of points...especially during fall frenzy.

EVERYONE has a shortage of VGF/BWV/BCV points to rent. The agencies that pay more have more willing owners, but more does not equate to supply meeting demand.

They moved AKV up because demand was up for AKV, especially with the lower rate. But they didn't necessarily tier the highest demand to a higher tier.

EVERYONE has a shortage of VGF/BWV/BCV points to rent. The agencies that pay more have more willing owners, but more does not equate to supply meeting demand.

They moved AKV up because demand was up for AKV, especially with the lower rate. But they didn't necessarily tier the highest demand to a higher tier.

again. Eco 101.If supply doesn’t meet demand, then price should go up. It will force some renters to cheaper alternatives and it will likely bring more owners to rent their points via broker.

again. Eco 101.If supply doesn’t meet demand, then price should go up. It will force some renters to cheaper alternatives and it will likely bring more owners to rent their points via broker.
Supply won't ever meet demand unless they kill the value. And I doubt they can drive too much demand to OKW or Saratoga.

Lol. Instead of dvc .. I'd rather own 500 shares of Disney stock

how do you find someone who has points for rent if I have particular resorts in mind?

I edited your post to remove specifics. You can search for points on our Rent/Trade board and respond to posts there. Or, you can search for them through brokers who connect DVC owners with those that want to rent,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter