DVC Preview - New DVC discounts on ship?

jmmess

DIS Veteran
i received a call today from DVC notifying us for the DVC Preview onboard. The voicemail mentioned new DVC discounts onboard. Anyone know what they are? Also, there is a "special guest" that attends - is it the same guest each trip? (Cruise on on the Dream next Monday - first time on a Disney cruise!)

The DVC preview is basically a chance to hang out with other DVC folks. There is some free swag, some prizes, some fun, usually some drinks and snacks. My son got a coloring book. The special guest is usually a character, I like when Chip and Dale come. Those guys are the best. They will sometimes also have one of the variety acts come and perform if it is a longer cruise. The discounts aren't anything better than what you get on land. Though I think if you buy like 1,000 points there is some nice looking totebag they'll throw in. My recommendation if you are serious about adding on direct from Disney, go onboard with the current land discounts and point amounts and then price shop. But the days of discounts at sea has gone away.

Also, if you stop by the DVC desk once a day they'll usually hand you some sort of swag, like a ppicture of walt and lily on a steam ship, light up bracelets for pirate night, etc.

The DVC preview is basically a chance to hang out with other DVC folks. There is some free swag, some prizes, some fun, usually some drinks and snacks. My son got a coloring book. The special guest is usually a character, I like when Chip and Dale come. Those guys are the best. They will sometimes also have one of the variety acts come and perform if it is a longer cruise. The discounts aren't anything better than what you get on land. Though I think if you buy like 1,000 points there is some nice looking totebag they'll throw in. My recommendation if you are serious about adding on direct from Disney, go onboard with the current land discounts and point amounts and then price shop. But the days of discounts at sea has gone away.

Also, if you stop by the DVC desk once a day they'll usually hand you some sort of swag, like a ppicture of walt and lily on a steam ship, light up bracelets for pirate night, etc.
Oh, you think the "discounts" are on points? Boo. :) We are already members and if we were to add on, I'd do it resale and give myself my own discount! Lol. I was hoping for some kind of discounts on the ship. Free swag will be nice though! Thanks for all the info!

Our special guest was Goofy.
I think the perk was $200 ship board credit, plus 3 fast passes per person during their next WDW visit. You have to schedule a 30 minute meeting with a rep to get the FP.

Our special guest was Goofy.
I think the perk was $200 ship board credit, plus 3 fast passes per person during their next WDW visit. You have to schedule a 30 minute meeting with a rep to get the FP.
Is that if you bought a direct contract?

We always attend the DVC member meeting - they show some videos of upcoming resorts, offer discounts on new/add-on contracts, and usually have some kind of bonus benefit for purchasing on the cruise. We've added on on cruises twice, and always ended up with either extra OBC or an extra discount vs. the on shore offer. We've also gotten a lot of cool DVC swag, and even won the OBC give-away at one of the meets. It's worth the time for the freebies, the info on new resorts (even if you're not looking to purchase) and the free food/drinks.

We always attend the DVC member meeting - they show some videos of upcoming resorts, offer discounts on new/add-on contracts, and usually have some kind of bonus benefit for purchasing on the cruise. We've added on on cruises twice, and always ended up with either extra OBC or an extra discount vs. the on shore offer. We've also gotten a lot of cool DVC swag, and even won the OBC give-away at one of the meets. It's worth the time for the freebies, the info on new resorts (even if you're not looking to purchase) and the free food/drinks.
Definitely planning to attend! Thanks for all the info!

We did the DVC member celebration on our 1st cruise on the Disney Wonder(7nt Alaskan) last summer. It is likely to be different on each ship/itinerary...but this is what we got for 'our' cruise: Free champagne/mimosa/sparkling cider/Evian water bottles. Special guest was 'Village' Belle--my girls got pictures with her, Belle left when the presentation started. We got free 25th anniversary DVC buttons last year. There were also prizes to win--I got a pen, and a flashdrive. There were a bunch of giveaways at the DVC desk on the ship throughout the cruise--free DVC lanyards on day 1--as a first time cruiser this was a great way to get free lanyards!; a card in the room with a token to redeem for free hats, a picture of Walt/Lillian on the Queen Mary; and a light up rubber bracelet to wear on 'Frozen night'.

DVC discounts on the ship--show your DVC member card:
  • 10% off a purchase of $50 or more in the shops (as usual the discount doesn't apply to 'all' items in the shop.)
  • 10% off a non-discounted photo package
  • 20% off non-discounted massages/facial treatments in the spa while the ship is in a port.

We did the DVC member celebration on our 1st cruise on the Disney Wonder(7nt Alaskan) last summer. It is likely to be different on each ship/itinerary...but this is what we got for 'our' cruise: Free champagne/mimosa/sparkling cider/Evian water bottles. Special guest was 'Village' Belle--my girls got pictures with her, Belle left when the presentation started. We got free 25th anniversary DVC buttons last year. There were also prizes to win--I got a pen, and a flashdrive. There were a bunch of giveaways at the DVC desk on the ship throughout the cruise--free DVC lanyards on day 1--as a first time cruiser this was a great way to get free lanyards!; a card in the room with a token to redeem for free hats, a picture of Walt/Lillian on the Queen Mary; and a light up rubber bracelet to wear on 'Frozen night'.

• 10% off a purchase of $50 or more in the shops (as usual the discount doesn't apply to 'all' items in the shop.)
  • 20% off non-discounted massages/facial treatments in the spa while the ship is in a port.
Wow! Thank you! Great info!

Oh, you think the "discounts" are on points? Boo. :) We are already members and if we were to add on, I'd do it resale and give myself my own discount! Lol. I was hoping for some kind of discounts on the ship. Free swag will be nice though! Thanks for all the info!

We DID get a DVC discount at the gift shop onboard. I think it was 10% (just saw this was already mentioned, sorry! Also wish I had known about the discount on the photo package!!!)

I didn't know about the DVC discount for the onboard shops! I could've gotten discounts! Will take advantage when we board in October! Thanks!

Sometimes when purchasing onboard. They give extra incentives like an additional on board credit.

JW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter