DVC Open House Tour

EM Lawrence

DIS Veteran
I’m going to be in WDW in a few weeks. If the parks are too crowded or sketchy feeling, I may spend some time going to the different DVC resorts and touring the villas that they have open. For those who have done it, how did this work? How did you find the right place to go? Did you have trouble parking? We will have our own car.

We just did it a few weeks ago at Poly, CCV, and Riviera. Basically the front desk any resort will tell you where to go, if you don't readily see a DVC rep. We had a car but we used WDW transportation to get around (Boat, monorail, buses, Skyline). Keep in mind that DVC is usually only around for this during weekdays.

Thank you. This is awesome. Something we might do if we get rainy weather too.

We went to Grand Flo and they were showing both a 2 bed and 3 bed, although only one was on the list.

At the Poly, they said they were trying to add a Studio as well but hadn’t been able to yet, this was late September.

We are going in the beginning of January. When you go on the open house link, it says you must be staying at that resort to see a room. But it seems from your experiences that you just go to the front and ask to go a room tour for the open house. Let me know if I misread that information.

We went to Grand Flo and they were showing both a 2 bed and 3 bed, although only one was on the list.

At the Poly, they said they were trying to add a Studio as well but hadn’t been able to yet, this was late September.
Doesn’t seem much point in touring Poly if you can’t see the only room most of us would ever be able to stay in! Not that seeing the bungalow wouldn’t be fun, but...

We are going in the beginning of January. When you go on the open house link, it says you must be staying at that resort to see a room. But it seems from your experiences that you just go to the front and ask to go a room tour for the open house. Let me know if I misread that information.
We were staying at Poly and went to an open house at CC and Riviera. I'm sure you won't have a problem getting in. It wouldn't make much sense for DVC to call it an open house and then make it hard to get in. How would that work LOL.

DVC: "You people go away!!! Get out!!!
DVC: I can't figure out why we're not making sales...

We were staying at Poly and went to an open house at CC and Riviera. I'm sure you won't have a problem getting in. It wouldn't make much sense for DVC to call it an open house and then make it hard to get in. How would that work LOL.

DVC: "You people go away!!! Get out!!!
DVC: I can't figure out why we're not making sales...

At the end of the open house tour, do they try to push you into buying a direct package? Like those DVC presentations?

No, not at all. It was just a tour to show off the property. I think when we toured the Poly Bungalow and we were chatting the guide asked in passing if we were thinking of adding on. I said I was considering SSR. He just said "That's usually not a problem to get anytime, just talk to your DVC rep when you are ready" That was all, there was no sales pitch.

At the end of the open house tour, do they try to push you into buying a direct package? Like those DVC presentations?

You're one of the first people I've heard say that they felt they were being pushed into buying after a presentation! We went to one with the intention of buying and still didn't feel any pressure. They just gave us information and told us to think about it. It's a shame this happened as it's one of the things I love about DVC, and one of the reasons I would happily suggest anyone did a presentation. Was this recently? I'm wondering if they've changed their tactics.

I think the pushiness just depends on the DVC guide you speak to. All my previous interactions with DVC reps from Aulani were very chill & never pushy. We just happened to be in WDW at BWV when I was considering adding on points because we fell in love with BWV. I spoke to the DVC rep at BWV who set us up with a DVC salesperson at Disney Springs who was the PUSHIEST DVC employee I've ever encountered. I felt really uncomfortable speaking to him & really disappointed me in DVC.

Doesn’t seem much point in touring Poly if you can’t see the only room most of us would ever be able to stay in! Not that seeing the bungalow wouldn’t be fun, but...

in fact, they didn’t have ANY studios to show at any resort. We did get to see a tower studio at Riviera.

The sales tours.... been on several.
Rooms are always immaculate and pristine.
That was not the case when we entered our first DVC villa stay at VWL (BRV or whatever you call it now).
We pulled down the comforter (yes, this was almost 20 years ago) to find a huge urine stain on the underside. Welcome home to DVC.
Numerous issues to follow.

Point is, do not think that “pristine” villa you are looking at on the sales tour is reality.

Has anyone driven to these tours lately? Did you have any issues with parking? Thanks!

I drove up to Riviera last week and had no issues parking. I’d recommend calling the number at the link above (407-827-4744) ahead of time. They added our name to a list for the parking attendant (who did check our name and ID when we got there).

We chatted with a guide (Ricardo - if I remember correctly) who showed us a 2 bedroom, a tower studio and a grand villa.

We drove to BWV a few weeks ago. The guide from PVB said it shouldn't be a problem to just show up anywhere but Riviera. She said we should probably make a reservation for RIV if driving but we just parked at BWV and walked to the gondolas (and hit up BCV on the way). Anyway, we told the guard at BWV that we were there for a tour. They made it seem like we needed a reservation, but when we said we were told to just show up, they let us in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter