DVC Old Key West vs Saratoga Springs?

NWdoubler

Earning My Ears
We are 2 adult DVC members headed to WDW in December for 9 days. Our home resort is Saratoga Springs, which we toured last year. We are trying to choose between staying there or at Old Key West (which we did not tour), which our DVC Rep recommended to save points for later travel. Does anyone have any thoughts on the comparison? One of us like to use a health club quite a bit. Thanks!

I'm a member at OKW. Admittedly, the health club is lacking there. Other than that, the resort is beautiful, the rooms are the largest of any DVC resort. Were you looking at a studio or 1 bedroom? All OKW studios have 2 queen beds, no fold out...so you may be happier with a Saratoga Springs studio. But for 1 bedroom and larger accomodations, OKW can't be beat.

I am a member at BWV and I recently bought an OKW because I love it there. I don't particularly like SSR, because the rooms are so much smaller than all the other resorts, but especially smaller than OKW. We stay in one-bedrooms, and the difference is REALLY noticeable in them. SSR is decorated nicely, but I am paying for size, so I would much rather stay at OKW. :cheer2:

First WELCOME to THE DIS and WELCOME HOME

Well you need to call MS and check on availability. December is a busy time at WDW for all DVC Members so you first need to check and see if your dates are available. Then do what your heart says, I would stay at Saratoga Springs because it's yours and it's newer than OKW. As for saving points for nine days your talking two week-ends (week-ends just gobble up points)

HAVE A TRIP.

If the two of you will be staying in a studio and sharing a bed, book SSR. SSR studios have one queen bed and a sofabed. OKW rooms may have more square footage, but you'll have more space to move around at SSR with the sofabed closed all of the time.

If the two of you want separate beds and will be staying in a studio, book OKW. OKW studios have two queen beds and no sofa.

If the two of you will be sharing a One Bedroom villa, I really don't think it matters. OKW 1Bs are larger, but with just two adults in the unit I can't imagine the extra room would be of much value. I guess I'd give the edge to SSR again for the health club.

BTW, if you're planning to visit for 9 days THIS December, your odds of getting ANYTHING lie somewhere between slim and none. I've been reading posts here for months saying that the DVC resorts are already fully booked. December is a very busy time, probably for the same reasons you hope to visit (low points, Christmas decorations, etc.) and you need to plan more than 3 months ahead to get a room.

If regular use of health club is important -- SSR

Otherwise my pick is OKW.

I would go wth OKW. The rooms are huge and resort is beautiful. Even when we stayed in a studio with the 2 queen beds we had plent of room to get around since our room was so big.
We love OKW, it an awesome resort.

At this point, I think it will be where ever there is something available. If you are thinking the early part of December, there isn't much left anywhere, and you might have to waitlist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter