DVC Membership Perks

TOTWL shouldn't be on the direct perk wait list. That perk is provided by the BLT owners, we don't require that people buy direct to attend, only Disney restricts resale buyers.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks never hear of it. Do you have to stay at a certain resort?

Do you pay to get in or just for food?

There's 2 different things going on at Reunion Station. They are having some concierge access there and you need to be staying at CCV/BRV to be able to pay and get that. It's $50/adult and I believe $33/child and you have to have it for your length of stay and everyone in the room. There will be some breakfast items in the mornings and apps and some drinks for a couple hours in the afternoon.

The second part is some classes that will be a pay as you play and also a member meet and mingle in the evenings. You can be staying elsewhere to attend any of those.

Thanks Denlo. I think what you really mean is- us poor direct buyers are just plain stupid. :p

Of course, I’m not denying that :joker:

Well then count me in as we didn't know anything about the resale market when we purchased in 2009.

TOTWL shouldn't be on the direct perk wait list. That perk is provided by the BLT owners, we don't require that people buy direct to attend, only Disney restricts resale buyers.

:earsboy: Bill

I thought all members are eligible for TOWL. I don't see a problem with it. To keep the lounge open, we need as many members using it as possible.

I thought all members are eligible for TOWL. I don't see a problem with it. To keep the lounge open, we need as many members using it as possible.

Yes, I think that was the argument he was making. Disney operates places like the Epcot lounge at a loss in order to entice people to buy direct. TOTWL needs to run at a profit in order stay open. In order to do this, BLT owners pay to maintain the roof, which people use to view fireworks and whatnot, and the lounge is paid for by drink and food purchases. The more people that buy drinks and food, the more it stays afloat. They can't let just anyone up there, though, because then the roof and building would be considered more or less public property, and BLT owners would no longer have to pay for it.

Yes, I think that was the argument he was making. Disney operates places like the Epcot lounge at a loss in order to entice people to buy direct. TOTWL needs to run at a profit in order stay open. In order to do this, BLT owners pay to maintain the roof, which people use to view fireworks and whatnot, and the lounge is paid for by drink and food purchases. The more people that buy drinks and food, the more it stays afloat. They can't let just anyone up there, though, because then the roof and building would be considered more or less public property, and BLT owners would no longer have to pay for it.

If we no longer had to pay to maintain it I’m sure Disney would add it to the list of places us resale buyers are banned from. I’ll gladly pay the few dollars per point to feel like I’m in the “in” crowd.

We purchased 200 pt resale back in February (SSR). Was going to do the 25 pt add on but wasn't able to close the resale contract in time to get the add on. I was very pleased when I found out we were still eligible for TOWL. We already get discounted annual passes and AP discounts around the parks so that was never a perk we feel we "missed out on". The EPCOT lounge would be nice, but not worth going back and paying direct for an add on to us.

We have a Poly reservation this Tues-Thursday and plan on doing TOWL for the first time. I am confused about the wording from the DVC website--Can I only get the guests that are staying on my reservation which is myself, wife, 12 year old nephew and 6 month old?

I ask because My father in law and his wife are staying in another room at the Poly (non DVC, staying on a cash reservation) and he is the only other person that would like to go up with me. My wife would probably rather stay and watch the fireworks from the beach.

We purchased 200 pt resale back in February (SSR). Was going to do the 25 pt add on but wasn't able to close the resale contract in time to get the add on. I was very pleased when I found out we were still eligible for TOWL. We already get discounted annual passes and AP discounts around the parks so that was never a perk we feel we "missed out on". The EPCOT lounge would be nice, but not worth going back and paying direct for an add on to us.

We have a Poly reservation this Tues-Thursday and plan on doing TOWL for the first time. I am confused about the wording from the DVC website--Can I only get the guests that are staying on my reservation which is myself, wife, 12 year old nephew and 6 month old?

I ask because My father in law and his wife are staying in another room at the Poly (non DVC, staying on a cash reservation) and he is the only other person that would like to go up with me. My wife would probably rather stay and watch the fireworks from the beach.

I agree with your reasoning of not being interested enough in going to the Epcot lounge. That is something that can be easily taken away, and you would be left feeling pretty upset if you spent thousands just to go there for a year or two.

As for TOTWL, the official Disney language is guests only, but plenty of people have reported being able to bring others up, especially in small numbers. I see no reason why Disney would decline your dad. Your party is still within the capacity of your studio room, and it is a "quieter" time of year for Disney anyway, so I doubt the rooftop would go to capacity. I think the rule is more in place to keep people from bringing a party of 20 or so up there.

There's 2 different things going on at Reunion Station. They are having some concierge access there and you need to be staying at CCV/BRV to be able to pay and get that. It's $50/adult and I believe $33/child and you have to have it for your length of stay and everyone in the room. There will be some breakfast items in the mornings and apps and some drinks for a couple hours in the afternoon.

The second part is some classes that will be a pay as you play and also a member meet and mingle in the evenings. You can be staying elsewhere to attend any of those.
Thanks

The difference is what pays for it. "Incidental benefits" such as moonlight magic or the Epcot Lounge, are paid for by DVD as a marketing tool, and thus can be restricted. TOTWL is subsidized by owners, I believe, so it can't be restricted in the same manner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts