DVC Members cruise Oct 5-12 2019 to Bermuda/Boston!!!

OK finally back home and unpacking, etc. This was certainly a cruise for the books lol LOVED all the DVC gifts, shows, meet and greets etc. The weather, well you can't do anything about that (clearly) and having missed Boston we were disappointed (coming from the west coast and never having been there) but it's all par for the course and we ended up getting a Palo brunch ressie for Thursday since they added new reservations :)

Would love to do another DVC members cruise in the future if the itinerary appeals. Wonder when they will release info for the 2021 cruise, maybe Spring 2020?

We also did a palo brunch on Thursday. We had dinner scheduled but my DW really wanted to goto animators palate (2nd night). So our dinning host took care of it for us. We are still swaying a bit but wow what a great time. Weather was not great and we certainly missed our relaxation time sitting on deck 9 or 10 but we decided to make the best of it and do as many shows, talks, drawings etc as we could. It was like being at a disney convention with tons of stuff to do. Thursday/Friday ( i can't remember) was certainly an exhausting day as we didn't sleep much the night we made the turn to head up the coast. Honestly it was a little scary. I remember being up on deck and they were tying off all the speakers and chairs and I asked the guy that looked like he was in charge if they were expecting a rough night and he paused and said oh yeah. He even thought they would close the decks but not sure if they did. There is some pretty crazy videos of the pool water sloshing around and I know one time I thought for sure we were going over as our closet doors crashed and not sure who was above us but it sounded like an avalanche of stuff falling on the floor. Our dinner mates woke up to broken glass all over from wine glasses and stuff in the bathroom. It was an adventure. No matter the bad weather the final show "Disney celebrates 25 years on Broadway" made up for any negatives. If it wouldn't have been for our last night with our new friends and servers I would have skipped dinner to see it again. It was a powerful show. You could certainly see the performers had a tough time sitting still as they wanted to get up and perform. I hope everyone had a great adventure and we continue to chat here. If not thanks for all the information and suggestions and just conversation. Back to reality and time to cut off some pounds from our meals.

DH and I are driving up on Friday. We found a park, ride, and cruise deal at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park, NJ. One night at the hotel, breakfast, parking for the length of the cruise, and round trip transportation to the cruise terminal.

Time will tell whether it's a good plan or not.
It had mixed results. I CANNOT recommend this. The night in the hotel was fine. Breakfast was okay. There was some confusion getting to the port, but that worked well. Getting back to the hotel, not so much.

When we checked in, we had to fill out a form for the transfers. We were also given a paper telling us where the pickup would be. It said there would be 2 pickups, at 9:15 and 10:30. If you wanted to arrange a special pickup (at your expense), there was a number to call. There was no number to call when the 9:15 pickup didn't arrive. The hotel said to call the car service. Bottom line - there was one pickup, at 10:30. The first van that arrived had three names, only one of which was still there. The driver wouldn't take anyone else, because there were contracts involved. Luckily the second van arrived before any blood was spilt. Many of us stood outside for over two hours waiting for pickup.

This was great in theory. If you want to try it, try Hampton Inn. They run their own shuttles and we saw them twice while we waited.

@bobbiwoz Nice gifts! I was on the May 2019 DVC Member cruise and a few gifts do look familiar. :) DVC probably got a good deal buying in bulk.
Tom and I were on that one too! For this I was in a group of 5 friends.

The logos on the gifts were all for this cruise. The logo was the Statue of Liberty and then the Hamilton Bermuda clock tower. The prints In the boxed frame were Lion King, Maleficent, skeletons and others, not duplicates.

Tom and I were on that one too! For this I was in a group of 5 friends.

The logos on the gifts were all for this cruise. The logo was the Statue of Liberty and then the Hamilton Bermuda clock tower. The prints In the boxed frame were Lion King, Maleficent, skeletons and others, not duplicates.
Yes, I saw the new logo and that the boxed famed prints are different. I meant the lip balm, cabin friendly black backpack, and maybe the reusable straw look the same.

Yes, I saw the new logo and that the boxed famed prints are different. I meant the lip balm, cabin friendly black backpack, and maybe the reusable straw look the same.
The cabin friendly backpack is the same style, while screen printed lettering is a different color - sky blue for the May MC and yellow for the October MC.

My friend took the picture. I am not noticing the coaster set. If it’s there, is in the box. They were cleverly packaged in film reel cases.

I'll never want for any more Tervis mugs :rotfl2:
Funny story, we actually ended up with 6 (eventhough there were 4 in our cabin). So the first afternoon, we took two Tervis mugs and walked around the ship with them. Put the other two away. Well that night, along with the 'new' gifts that night were two more of those draw string bags with Tervis mugs, hats etc. Did our room host see 'just the two' mugs sitting out on the desk and think we were short 2? Did they have extra? Did everyone get more??? LOL I don't know but now we have LOTS of them :lmao:I love travel mugs so I'm happy (apparently it doesn't make much to make me happy :thumbsup2)

Did everyone get more???
Everyone did not get more that first night, at least I didn’t. But interesting you got two extras as there was a cabin down the hall from mine which had two of those first afternoon bags hanging on their fish by their door either that evening or the next day.

I’d say it was Pixie Dust, the cabin hosts have so many gifts and cabins with different numbers of guests, and he maybe wasn’t sure how many were left initially so wanted to be safe. Last MC on the Magic was 2016 so could be lots of cabin hosts with their first time with all of the gifts.

In the past, some MC gifts have been one per person while others have been one per cabin (some of the books and DVDs).

My friend took the picture. I am not noticing the coaster set. If it’s there, is in the box. They were cleverly packaged in film reel cases.
And I looked at that photo to see if everything was there & missed that the coasters are not....does that mean we got too many things? LOL

I picked up a few other things at the daily DVC desk giveaway that I don’t think are in the photo - the towel clips, little beach lanyard containers, shoelaces, and the rubber bracelets.

So we got home and I discovered we were missing the two boxes with the artwork. (I had put all the artwork in the boxes). I think I set them on the floor while I decided where I could fit them in and overlooked them. I’ve been in touch with DCL lost and found but heard from them for the third time yesterday and no luck. I’m a little sad but that’s the way things go. Usually DH goes through any room we leave very carefully, but for some reason didn’t this time. It figures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!