DVC Members cruise Oct 5-12 2019 to Bermuda/Boston!!!

I checked Palo dinner every day for a party of 4 and nothing was available. It looked like something may be there as the buttons were active every day and not marked as sold out but, after selecting everyone and clicking continue, no times were available. I’ll keep checking up until the final day and again when we board but I don’t have too much hope. Maybe I can get someone to at least bring me the chocolate soufflé. I found a recipe online to try. All of the tastings were sold out too. That said, we did get all of our excursions so I am still happy.
Glad you were able to get your excursions! Re Palo, I did not check for party size....I’ll hope you can get something on board.

Mathmagicland: I was only able to find times for palo on 3 nights: first night in bermuda, boston port day and last night of trip.

Mathmagicland: I was only able to find times for palo on 3 nights: first night in bermuda, boston port day and last night of trip.
Availability may depend on size of party, as hlyntunstl could not find times any day for a party of 4. Best to try on board with those spots they hold back. Good luck!

What night would you like? Definitely, go to the assigned room to try on embarkation day.

I am asking again!

In a Local Candy/Snack Exchange, we use Fish extenders to gift others with a Regional candy or Snack. We pass out the gifts once, and you give enough for the cabin to share. Until the end of August, I will just note interest here, but by September 5, the exchange will be closed. ( I am on the WBTA Cruise, and we leave for Paris on September 11). Depending on the signups, there may be more than one group. On one DVC MC, there were 32 Cabin signed up, I divided the group into 4 groups of 8. On the West Coast DVC MC in May there are just 5 Cabins total involved. I will definitely keep the groups around 8, in case of a large turnout. The food must be packed by a manufacturer, similar to Halloween treats, no homemade food is allowed on board.
In August please send me a conversation stating your cabin number, how many are in your cabin, adults and children and if there are any allergies. In your gift, please put some information about the history of your food.

Interest in a Local Candy/Snack Exchange
bcwife76
bobbiwoz
hlyntunsti
Pattipook
work2play

Found this place on Google Maps while doing some research on another place in Bermuda, & thought I’d share. It is less than a 10 minute walk from where we will dock in Bermuda, in the Royal Dockyards area, the Jon Faulkner Gallery.

Artist created pottery, not mass produced souvenirs, so unique items. They also offer custom house plaques, with names and/or addresses. The website says the house plaques take 4-6 weeks & will be shipped. Since we will be in Bermuda in 12 weeks - anyone interested could order one and likely pick it up when we are in port to save the shipping. I’ve also linked to the TripAdvisor reviews.

https://www.jonfaulknergallery.com/
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...n_Faulkner_Gallery-Sandys_Parish_Bermuda.html

Found this place on Google Maps while doing some research on another place in Bermuda, & thought I’d share. It is less than a 10 minute walk from where we will dock in Bermuda, in the Royal Dockyards area, the Jon Faulkner Gallery.

Artist created pottery, not mass produced souvenirs, so unique items. They also offer custom house plaques, with names and/or addresses. The website says the house plaques take 4-6 weeks & will be shipped. Since we will be in Bermuda in 12 weeks - anyone interested could order one and likely pick it up when we are in port to save the shipping. I’ve also linked to the TripAdvisor reviews.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...n_Faulkner_Gallery-Sandys_Parish_Bermuda.html
Nice! I passed the info along to my travel companions.

It is beautiful work. I almost bought a piece on our last visit, and we're supposed to be downsizing. No guarantees I won't buy something on this trip.

It is beautiful work. I almost bought a piece on our last visit, and we're supposed to be downsizing. No guarantees I won't buy something on this trip.
Nice to have the confirmation! I too am trying to downsize, but one of those rock pool bowls with the blue glaze inside that looks like the oceans in Bermuda might be too tough to pass up...

We have never been to Bermuda. One of my students suggested renting a moped and touring the island. Anyone done that or have an opinion on that?

We have never been to Bermuda. One of my students suggested renting a moped and touring the island. Anyone done that or have an opinion on that?

It would be a great way to see the island (but I'm not that brave.). The roads tend to be narrow, and you'll be driving on the left side of the road.

One, more restrictive, way to see the island is to buy a one or two day pass for the bus/ferry. I believe they sell them at the Tourist center at the dockyard. You'd have to change busses in Hamilton.

We did that when we we were in our 20’s. Times were different. It was summer of 1969, and Bermuda was just installing their first traffic light. I kept the newspaper that tells how to behave when you come to the traffic light, and it's red green or amber.

I saw my first bananas growing while in Bermuda. There was so much to see. It was fun.

Mid July already!

In a Local Candy/Snack Exchange, we use Fish extenders to gift others with a Regional candy or Snack. We pass out the gifts once, and you give enough for the cabin to share. Until the end of August, I will just note interest here, but by September 5, the exchange will be closed. ( I am on the WBTA Cruise, and we leave for Paris on September 11). Depending on the signups, there may be more than one group. On one DVC MC, there were 32 Cabin signed up, I divided the group into 4 groups of 8. On the West Coast DVC MC in May there are just 5 Cabins total involved. I will definitely keep the groups around 8, in case of a large turnout. The food must be packed by a manufacturer, similar to Halloween treats, no homemade food is allowed on board.
In August please send me a conversation stating your cabin number, how many are in your cabin, adults and children and if there are any allergies. In your gift, please put some information about the history of your food.

Interest in a Local Candy/Snack Exchange
bcwife76
bobbiwoz
hlyntunsti
Pattipook
work2play

been years since we have cruised. Do the cast members still like bags of candy etc..
Perhaps you gave bags of candy in return for pillowcase signings. That’s no longer done. Other then for things to be autographed, I never have heard of general giving bags of candy to cast members.

For anyone, especially silver and first time DCL cruisers, who were looking for specific port adventures that showed as sold out when booking windows opened, check again today. Several for Bermuda, on both days, that were sold out last week are showing available this morning (8:45 a.m. ET). You might be able to get one you wanted or move one to a different day.

For anyone, especially silver and first time DCL cruisers, who were looking for specific port adventures that showed as sold out when booking windows opened, check again today. Several for Bermuda, on both days, that were sold out last week are showing available this morning (8:45 a.m. ET). You might be able to get one you wanted or move one to a different day.
I got excited thinking, well if excursions opened up maybe Palo brunch did, too! Nope, so such luck :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!