DVC Member Meeting 2018 /2019 Dues ?

bababear_50

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has already been posted but I have tried the search button without finding an answer.

Is the date Dec 13th 2018 and the location at Disney's Contemporary Resort?
What is the time?
Do you have to pre register to attend?

Are the yearly dues announced at this meeting?

Is there anyway of estimating the dues ahead of time?
Does anyone have a guess at what 2019 dues will be?

I have two home resorts
OKW
AKV

Thanks

Mel

Yes you have to register, dues are announced via your dues statement mailed to you after the end of the year.

:earsboy: Bill

The meeting is at Coronado Springs, not the Contemporary. 2:10PM on Dec 13, 2018. You register on the member website.

Sorry if this has already been posted but I have tried the search button without finding an answer.

Is the date Dec 13th 2018 and the location at Disney's Contemporary Resort?
What is the time?
Do you have to pre register to attend?

Are the yearly dues announced at this meeting?

Is there anyway of estimating the dues ahead of time?
Does anyone have a guess at what 2019 dues will be?

I have two home resorts
OKW
AKV

Thanks

Mel

The proposed dues will be issued prior to that date and approved at the meeting.

Before the meeting, you will be mailed a Notice of Annual Meeting, a multi-page, single-spaced document that sets out, for the new year (2019), the estimated operating budget listing the cost components, applicable dues per item and per point and total operating budget dues and total per point. It then provides an estimated capital reserves budget and estimated annual dues for that, and finally it sets out an estimate for property taxes and dues for that. The dues per point contained therein will be the ones voted on by the board at the meeting (you get no vote).

Near the end of the year, you get an annual statement (a bill) providing the actual dues you will have to pay and actual property taxes paid in the existing year (2018). The dues per point for the new year in that annual statement may differ somewhat from the ones voted on. There can be an adjustment made in that statement resulting from property taxes actually paid during the existing year. The actual taxes are sometimes less than you paid in for taxes, in which case your actual dues per point for the new year will be somewhat less than voted on at the meeting because you get a set-off for the existing year's overpayment in taxes, or the actual taxes are sometimes more than you paid in for the existing year, in which case your dues for the new year will be somewhat more than voted on at the meeting.

Annually, DVC guarantees that you will have to pay no more than the dues voted on at the meeting, i.e., there will be no special assessments in the upcoming year and DVC has to cover any costs that exceed annual dues collected, with the exception of possible assessments resulting from major property damage events such as resulting from hurricanes. However, that guarantee does not apply to property taxes and thus DVC can make that annual adjustment for actual taxes paid.

Last edited:

The dues budget typically comes right before Thanksgiving. Amounts usually hit this website first.

The dues budget typically comes right before Thanksgiving. Amounts usually hit this website first.
But they aren't official until the Board accepts and approves them at the meeting.

In the past, they have done one at Grand California at the same time. Do they do that anymore?
The RSVP website only lists one meeting location (Coronado Springs), so it doesn't look like a separate one (or broadcast) in CA.

I got an email saying the budget/meeting agenda was up, just a heads up to check online. The AKV proposed increase is pretty steep at a little over 10%.

In the past, they have done one at Grand California at the same time. Do they do that anymore?

They did last year. I was at the meeting at the Contemporary, they took questions from California. I can't remember if it was video or just audio.

Yikes - BWV $7.17, up from $6.55! Up 9.5%!

Big increase in housekeeping, we are paying for that trash collection - 1.09 to 1.31.

Yikes - BWV $7.17, up from $6.55! Up 9.5%!

Big increase in housekeeping, we are paying for that trash collection - 1.09 to 1.31.

And the pay increase - but hopefully that will help them hire more housekeeping staff and provide better service.

AKL is up 10% from $6.76 to $7.44!

Our Aulani subsidized contract is up 4.4% from $5.66 to $5.91.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter