DVC Lounges

Mike Adamz

Earning My Ears
Hello all, my first post so it's certainly exciting, I hope I word this correctly. If I was to purchase a DVC contract via resale, will those points suffice with getting me into Top of the World and/or the DVC Lounge at Epcot?

Thanks in advance,

Note that Epcot is not guaranteed long term, and TOTW probably cannot be restricted but it can close or the space be turned into something else entirely.

I like it, but Epcot lounge will not be available forever. I think it ONLY continues to exist because Disney can point to it in their sales presentations as 'ADDED VALUE' since only Direct purchasers can stay there.

I like it, but Epcot lounge will not be available forever. I think it ONLY continues to exist because Disney can point to it in their sales presentations as 'ADDED VALUE' since only Direct purchasers can stay there.

I agree that many of our DVC perks are for the use of the sales staff for DVC. But with Riviera selling briskly, and Reflections coming on line, there doesn't seem to be a slow down in DVC demand or sales no matter how many they build.

I guess I'm saying that I think Disney will continue to build DVC resorts, so I think that many of the perks will stay around (though they could certainly change the form and quantity of the perks).

If I was to purchase a DVC contract via resale, will those points suffice with getting me into Top of the World and/or the DVC Lounge at Epcot?
You really are not missing out on anything with not being able to go into the Epcot DVC lounge - maybe a free soda. Think of all the soda you could buy with the savings by going resale! I saved $9000 on my PVB contract.

The TOWL is definitely a bonus as the view up there is spectacular, so just being a DVC member will get you up there and that isn't a perk that can be removed as it is part of BLT

The biggest perk of direct vs Resale is access to the cheaper annual pass. We were Resale owners that visit fairly often and buy out of state APs. We ended up adding on direct as the DVC AP is several hundred dollars cheaper than the Platinum AP. If that keeps up, direct will end up being cheaper for us.

I love the Epcot DVC lounge but it wouldn't be worth the extra money alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter