DVC Gold renewal to Platinum Plus question

Lisa75

DIS Veteran
My son and I have gold ap’s both renewals. Mine is good till February so bought at old price. Son’s expires in August so I have bought him a gold renewal voucher at the most recent increased price. We’re going to go Christmas week so I’ll need to upgrade both to Platinum Plus (we will use the water parks feature anyway).

We’re going to be on property in August so I’ll do it then since it must be done in person. Can anyone clarify the price for me? Is it the difference between a PP renewal and what I paid for gold renewal? Or is it difference between PP DVC new purchase price and what I paid for the gold renewal?

Thank you!

It will expire on the same date of your current Gold pass. Upgrading does not increase the time, just adds more perks.

Great thank you both! I did know about the expiration. It’s just our best option to cover Christmas week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!