DVC Discounts at Aulani

EM Lawrence

DIS Veteran
Are the discounts and experiences at Aulani for DVC members affected by if you have a blue card or a white card? Do resale members get the same discounts, etc as direct buyers at Aulani?

No resale white card discounts, only blue card get the discounts at Aulani.

Great3

Is there a list somewhere that shows discounts available if you have the blue card?

The DVC site lists member benefits, and you can sort by location. You do have to be logged in to view the list.

The DVC site lists member benefits, and you can sort by location. You do have to be logged in to view the list.

Bummer. We are not DVC members but are going to buy in this fall. I am weighing the pros and cons of just starting direct or resale. Just wanted to see what I would be missing without the blue card at Aulani.

Thanks!

Bummer. We are not DVC members but are going to buy in this fall. I am weighing the pros and cons of just starting direct or resale. Just wanted to see what I would be missing without the blue card at Aulani.

Thanks!
I can tell you that there are a number of discounts available, but most are small--in the 10% range. Off the top of my head, I know there are discounts on water equipment rentals, snorkeling, cabanas, gift shop purchases, family photo sessions, and lunch at AMA AMA--these are all 10%, I think. There are also some specialty things, like free upgrade on some spa services, special drink at the Olelo Room, etc. All are nice, but definitely don't make up for the price difference between direct vs. resale. :) That being said, we own both direct and resale contracts, so....

Thank you! I know the discounts won’t make up for the difference but I really hate the restriction of not buying able to stay at all the new resorts they build. I am looking to buy the minimum direct and add on resale.

While the discounts weren’t fantastic at Aulani, we likely would have been bummed to not have our blue card. We needed to show it to get the special DVC sparkly pool bands, free popcorn bucket refills, and we also needed to show it for the Monday member breakfast. YMMV depending on the CMs you encounter.

Thank you! I know the discounts won’t make up for the difference but I really hate the restriction of not buying able to stay at all the new resorts they build. I am looking to buy the minimum direct and add on resale.
I think this is a good plan. We bought in at a minimum direct (at CCV) and plan to add on resale contracts(s).....add-onitis and all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!