DVC Direct guide

JasonMak2000

Mouseketeer
Anybody have a dvc guide that they really like and trust. After the last dvc show I want to make sure I get connected with someone trustworthy.

By the same token, who are the guides we should be aware of their tactics? Also, is there a way to request a guide to avoid the bad ones?

FWIW, I found these guides recommended in the comments to the show:

Gib McCain
Johnathan
Amil Arroyo
Lauren

For the most part, commenters didn’t list the names of guides they were dissatisfied with. The only name mentioned was Jeanie.

Last edited:
By the same token, who are the guides we should be aware of their tactics? Also, is there a way to request a guide to avoid the bad ones?

FWIW, I found these guides recommended in the comments to the show:

Gil McCain
Johnathan
Amil Arroyo
Lauren

For the most part, commenters didn’t list the names of guides they were dissatisfied with. The only name mentioned was Jeanie.
McCain first name is Gib, not Gil.

Mine is Cathy Leahy - I think she’s great!

Meh.... This forum is your "trusted guide". Get your facts straight here, then call them and YOU call the shots.

I knew exactly what i wanted. I called DVC one morning, talked to the first sales person they transferred me to. Within 5 minutes, i was given them my info and CC# and i was an owner.

Joan Lane is fantastic. I have worked with her for over 2 years. She is very knowledgeable, patient with the many questions I asked. I would highly recommend her.

We met with Niko Kyriakidis on our recent trip and liked him a lot. He didn't try to up sell us to Riviera. Actually didn't even try to push DVC on us. He told us that Riviera would probably not be the best resort for us at the current moment and walked us through all the other resorts available.

We used Sean Samuel, and he was great. Dealt with him for a year and a half before purchasing, and not once pushy. I would randomly call during this time to ask questions, as they came up while researching. He was super helpful, and very personable.

Last edited:
I’ve used Jim McCoy. Very friendly, honest, and good. He’s been a guide for like 20 years and many other people have recommended him.

We and some friends both have Cristina Wittman as our guide and I recommend her. The presentation was truly low-pressure. We did the pitch before I really ever researched DVC, so I took what she told us and dug in here and other websites, and she never misled us. She answered all our questions with no issues after the fact.

And, best of all, after buying I never got another call from her trying to sell us more. Any further contact has been initiated from our end first. We've been happy.

I found another guide recommended on another thread. Marcel Maritz was highly thought of.

This is my guide. I haven't bought yet but he seems to be honest, informative and patient for I have asked every question in the book! Now, he doesn't point out the negatives but not sure any guide would do that. Not pushy either. I like him and if I do buy direct at some point I will definitely go through him. He didn't try to upsell me or oversell or anything and seemed to really want his customer to be happy with their purchase.

Last edited:
Jim McCoy is my guide. Super nice, no pressure. He originally contacted me about Poly pre-opening direct points, but I declined to buy because I didn't like which longhouses DVC was using. Later, when I wanted 2 small direct add-ons, he was diligent about getting me on the wait lists and following up regularly with where I was on the lists. After I purchased each add-on, I got a thank you email from him.

I found another guide recommended on another thread. Marcel Maritz was highly thought of.
Love Marcel, we were definitely on the same wavelength. His office was at BWV, although I suppose they may move around.

Joan Lane is fantastic. I have worked with her for over 2 years. She is very knowledgeable, patient with the many questions I asked. I would highly recommend her.

This is who I was talking to about purchasing direct. We talked for a few weeks about all of the properties. In the end I decided to go resale. That didn't help her at all but she was very nice about it. She was never pushy when I was asking about different resorts either. When we decide to buy direct, now at 100 points for benefits, we will give her a call.

Dana Covino was very nice when we met her. We told her upfront we were not interested in purchasing until after our trip at the earliest and she gave a very low pressure presentation that probably helped make my wife more open to the idea. When I called her a few weeks later to purchase before the minimum raised, she had no issue with my lack of interest in Riviera due to the restrictions and found me 75 in the use year I wanted at SSR. I'd have no problem using her again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!