DVC & DC Park Ticket Prices??

tss2

DVC BWV and VB
I've been looking for current prices for park tickets. Our trip is coming up in less than a month and haven't decided which passes to buy yet. Checked several sites and am finding different prices.

I'm looking for 7 day hopper or 7 day unlimited hopper. Maybe 8 day unlimited but we considering trying to knock off the last day if we can. We are DC and DVC members. Always did unlimited in the past but considering doing it differently this time.

Anyone have suggestions????
Where are they most current?
Or do I need to call Member services??
Is the DC discount 5% on hopper passes?
What is the DVC discount on unlimited hoppers?

Thanks for the help!

Yes, the DVC discount on Length of Stay tickets is 10% and the Disney Club discount is approximately 5%. Here is the DIS link to current ticket prices:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm

As far as I know, the prices listed are the ones currently in effect. You will have to deduct the 10% from the Ultimate Park Hopper (formerly Length of Stay) ticket prices yourself.

Enjoy your trip!

I'm not completely up to speed on this, but isn't there a point where it is cheaper to buy an Annual Pass than the Park Hoppers? It would seem that if you are getting into the 8 day Park Hopper, the AP might be a better deal. Especially, of course, if you can make it back to WDW within the year.

Just want to make sure you are checking all the options! ;)

The 7 day hopper ticket comes with plus features (for the water parks or Pleasure Island) and the LOS pass covers the water parks, Disney Quest and Pleasure Island as well as park admission. LOS could be the way to go if you want to do more than visit the major parks and aren't coming back within a year.

The 8 day "break even" for an annual pass only applies if you do not plan to go to DQ, PI or one of the water parks. If I recall correctly the break even for a PAP is something like 13 or 14 days.

It can be a lot of work to determine the most economical passes for your group as you have to really look at your touring habits/plans. For example, we seldom visit the water parks, Pleasure Island or DQ, so we opt for the annual pass and pay separately when/if we want to go to something it doesn't cover. DVC also has discounts to the water parks and I think to DQ and PI, but I'm not positive on those last two.

Good luck with all the calculations!

Obviously it depends on your families tendencies. I'd consider several scenarios. A Premium AP will only make sense if you plan to get 2 long trips out of it. If you do the UMP, consider having the knock off the first and last day. Otherwise, consider a 5-7 day plus pass realizing you'll likely have days left. If your the type of person that gets up early and goes to the parks, hits the water parks in the afternoon and the DQ in the evening; your needs will be different than someone who has a more relaxed approach. Good luck.

... this probably doesn't mean that much,but check when Typhoon Lagoon shuts down for refirb. We go after Thanksgiven every year and it's always closed and river country shuts down for the season.The only water park that's ever open is BB. We don't buy the PAP for that reason.

Some good advice has been given here. Since you are DVC members, be sure to look at your touring habits and determine if an AP isn't a better deal for you. We try to plan our trips within a 12 month period so we get 2-3 on each AP. We don't usually do water parks, so if we want to do that, we just buy a daily pass for that park. If you are staying more than 8 days in a 12 month period, the AP is DEFINATELY the way to go. If you usually go for a week at a time, that would give you two weeks of park entry for the cost or less of a UMP. The DC price on APs is around $380 (can't remember for sure). The price on all passes increase each year in January. We usually buy a voucher before the price increase and hold it until our next trip (sometimes almost a year) before we use it. Since prices seem to increase each year, we are always money ahead.

Diane, are you still able to pull that off with the voucher?

I had gotten the impression that vouchers had to be renewed one day following the expiration of the AP.

I haven't tested this yet, though.

THat is true for renewal vouchers, but we just purchased a new one instead. I haven't used it yet(bought it in January), but was assured by the DS CM that I could do that. THe renewal vouchers do not work that way anymore. I wrote several letters to Disney about that! The renewals now start from the day of expiration, so they do those of us who live a distance away NO GOOD WHAT SO EVER! We used to love the renewal discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter