• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC card @ disney stores

MickeyMcMouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Just wondered if anyone has had any problems using their DVC card to get the 10% discount at the Disney stores. My dc card has now finished, but noticed on the members site that we should get disc with our dvc card.

David :D

The only time I've ever tried to use the DVC card for DS discount was in the huge Downtown Disney Store - they refused! :(

I was told the discount was only applicable there if I used an Amex card for the purchase. I don't know whether that applies to all DS outlets, or whether they are a special case (like the shops in the parks).

The most annoying thing was that I was so taken aback by this (I was sure I could get discount just with DVC) that I totally forgot the Disney Club card sitting in my wallet which would have been okay to use :rolleyes:.

I really thought I would have to explain the discount but as soon as I got the card in my hand the guy said 10 % discount ):Pinkbounc

I have used our DVC card fine in both the States and the UK. The only time we did have a problem is when we had our temporary membership cards and the Bluewater store refused them. :rolleyes: They seem fine with the proper version now.

Cheryl

We have used our card many times with no problems until December last year when the shop assistant at the store(I think it was coventry)said we should have received new cards and our's were now out of date,however I pointed out that the card had a sticker which we received from DVC saying VALID which we had put over the original expire date as instructed by DVC.He checked with his manager who gave us our 10% but told us we would not get the discount next time.
WE WILL SEE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter