• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Brunch too expensive???

We have an excellent 4 star restaurant in this area who does a fabulous brunch that is around that in the price range. I would pay that amount for brunch but that menu does not seem worth it.

Wow, do my eyes decieve me or did everyone

AGREE??????

There is hope for us! :cool1:

Hey folks why the doom and gloom. Look at it from the bright side. From what I read it looks like you will have the pick of tables!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

manning said:
Hey folks why the doom and gloom. Look at it from the bright side. From what I read it looks like you will have the pick of tables!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

And all the kids in attendance will be passed out from trying to get their money's worth out of the champagne (just kidding--of course!).

I posted about this outrageous price the same day the email came out and everyone seemed to think it was a little high but everyone was all excited about doing it and couldn't wait to book! Now, it seems everyone has seen the light and has realized, this is a ridiculous amount to pay for a typical buffet (ok, maybe champagne is included) at wdw. Just with the people on this board there at the same time, you could get together at a nice disney buffet restaurant and at the MOST, pay HALF of that! What is DVC thinking on this? Are they looking for people who spend money like water :earseek: and will most likely ADD ON while there? I honestly thought the amount was a typo and the decimal was in the wrong place! I will be there at that time but will most likely be eating and drinking my way around the world for MUCH LESS! :cool1:

The question is whether or not the brunch will be well-attended or not. If it is, regardless of the dissent in this thread, then Disney gets the message that it was well-priced.

I don't care about this particular brunch, but I know that I place a specific value on attending an event which is priced so high that young children are less likely to be in evidence. For example, we subscribe to a local theater, and specifically for Saturday night, when the prices rival the downtown Boston theater prices. Unremarkably, more shows go off without disturbance from children, than when we subscribed to a lower-priced performance time. It is definitely worth the extra money.

I saw the price, rolled my eyes and laughed and then promptly deleted the email. We all might be Disney suckers, but I doubt many will fall for this one.

You'd be surprised. We have a couple of Walk Around the World bricks, and I remember a lot of discussion back then about how the price was outragous. Now, a sufficient number of people are willingly paying the same (or more?) for Leave a Legacy. Go figure.

:rotfl2: Well, I guess I fell for the brick. I'd pay double that again! We love seeing our names right in front of the gate!

Sadly enough, I'm wondering if it will be there next trip. It was looking pretty bad last time we were there and I noticed some bricks around ours had been replaced with newer bricks with newer dates! (Which I thought was odd since they aren't being sold anymore???) Boy, that would be a downer. Go to see your brick and someone's else's name is there. :sad1:

bicker said:
The question is whether or not the brunch will be well-attended or not. If it is, regardless of the dissent in this thread, then Disney gets the message that it was well-priced.

I don't care about this particular brunch, but I know that I place a specific value on attending an event which is priced so high that young children are less likely to be in evidence. .......
I agree with you.

Best wishes -

Oh bicker!!!!Now everyone is going to think you hate children!!!!!

I am not all that surprised at the price. As I said before, it's a brunch at one of the restaurants in the most upscale hotel on property. If it was much less than $50, I'd have been surprised.

I also live in a fairly expensive area of the country(1 hour north of NYC)so I am probably more used to stuff costing a lot.

Disney Doll said:

I am not all that surprised at the price. As I said before, it's a brunch at one of the restaurants in the most upscale hotel on property. If it was much less than $50, I'd have been surprised.

I also live in a fairly expensive area of the country(1 hour north of NYC)so I am probably more used to stuff costing a lot.

It's not that upscale.

The Grand Floridian??? I guess we have to agree to disagree on that one. ;)

Unless you're talking baout where I live. My particular house isn't all that upscale (I'm amongst the "poorer" of the folks who live in my area) but overall, the county I live in is expensive. I grew up here, my elderly parents are here so I'm not going anywhere, but it's not a cheap place to live.

All that matters to me is what the little ones in my life think about me. ;)

I have no problem paying for a good brunch. In Vegas there are a couple of placed that offer a good brunch but offer a great selection, not something you can get at Chef Mickey's and it doesn't matter when it's held, cheap is cheap.

As long as Disney thinks the event was a hit and was able to serve such a cheap menu for a premium price, they will keep offering the same. It is up to us to say yes or no. I think that by going, folks are sending the wrong message. I'm use to some wonderful buffets here in Vegas and they even offer a much better menus for less...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter