DVC at Disneyland Hotel?

Fauntleroy

Der Donaldist
Has anybody heard anything about DVC villas going in at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim anytime soon? I am a Southeast (South Carolina)-based BLT owner who would love to own at Disneyland too since I visit my sister and her family in Los Angeles quite frequently...

DVC expansion at Disneyland appears like a "no-brainer" given the "hyper-popularity" (best as I can tell) of VGC. Nevertheless- seems like I haven't heard anything about it for a few years (ever since Al Lutz wrote about it a few years back):

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...7-latest-rumors-on-disneyland-hotel-expansion

Anyway- are they possibly wanting Aluani to sell more before hitting the West Coast market with more "product"? Other theories? Any educated guesses as to what's up with this?

Thanks!:)

Has anybody heard anything about DVC villas going in at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim anytime soon? I am a Southeast (South Carolina)-based BLT owner who would love to own at Disneyland too since I visit my sister and her family in Los Angeles quite frequently...

DVC expansion at Disneyland appears like a "no-brainer" given the "hyper-popularity" (best as I can tell) of VGC. Nevertheless- seems like I haven't heard anything about it for a few years (ever since Al Lutz wrote about it a few years back):

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...7-latest-rumors-on-disneyland-hotel-expansion

Anyway- are they possibly wanting Aluani to sell more before hitting the West Coast market with more "product"? Other theories? Any educated guesses as to what's up with this?

Thanks!:)

Even if they announced a Disneyland Hotel Tower tomorrow, it would be 2 or 3 years in construction. There was a rumor that the hotel rooms in the new wing at GCH were built to be easily converted to DVC. They are part of the GCV dues budget, never understood how that works.

While VGC is certainly a very difficult resort to find availability, I'm not sure it was a runaway sales success. (Although the economy dropped at the time, too)

Unfortunately, it feels Aluani is trending the same way.

Now, I believe there is a wait list of members wanting more VGC points, so they are aware of demand...and it would seem that a Disneyland Hotel tower might be the next most logical location...but it may depend on how much the hotel wants DVC money to fund part of a refurb.

Right now, I think it its a combination of Aluani and it seems the Poly won the next round of DVC funding..

Helpful answers guys. Much appreciated. I think the focus on Aluani and the possibility that the Poly (which I'm totally for as well) may be ahead in the cue are probably the key factors.

I just posted this same question!! Lol

Awesome! I gotta believe the demand is there. Sounds like we'll just have to be patient and keep our eyes and mouse ears open for the time being... :)

A few years ago, this rumor was fueled by the 2011 refurbishment, which included the renaming of the towers (Adventure, Fantasy and Frontier). DVCer's speculated that a Tomorrow Tower would be built, completing the original lands.

Why not simply buy VGC resale? There are a few contracts available on the various DVC resale websites.

In addition, it depends on what room type you need, as well. studios are the most popular, followed by the grand villa, I think. Since the studios sell out and they are lock-offs, many times 1 BR has decent availability.

As for the DLH, it depends on space and DLR's needs. Since the resort is geared toward locals as their primary clientele base, DVC isn't needed as much as it is in WDW. As such, DLR wouldn't really profit as much from more DVC rooms versus regular hotel rooms, which do a brisk business. In the end, this sums to no sense of urgency to increase the DVC presence in Anaheim.

Don't hold your breath for a DLH DVC, but you can get VGC on the resale market (and through DVD, too).

There was an article a few years back, shortly after the VGC sold out, where one of the DLR bigwigs said there definitively would not be a DLH DVC, which made me sad ... I'll see if I can find a link. (It was not an Al Lutz/Miceage type article, it was a legitimate interview with one of the executives.)

However, it does seem inevitable that there will eventually be more DVC on the West Coast, it'll probably be at least 10 years out from when the VGC was built. Aulani has been selling now for almost 2 years, and probably has enough inventory left to drag on in sales for several more years, and they won't think about another West Coast DVC until Aulani is sold out. :sad:

When they do, they might decide to go with a property farther away than the DLH. At one time Disney owned the land to what is now the Marriott Newport Beach Villas/Resort, which is about a 20 minute drive from DLR.

I'd add more points on at the DLH DVC if they ever built one, I keep telling my guide that, and what I hope is that if everyone tells their guides that eventually the message will make its way up the food chain. ::yes::

There was an article a few years back, shortly after the VGC sold out, where one of the DLR bigwigs said there definitively would not be a DLH DVC, which made me sad ... I'll see if I can find a link. (It was not an Al Lutz/Miceage type article, it was a legitimate interview with one of the executives.)

If there was such an article, I assume it had some timeframe attached to the comment. As in "we have no plans at this time."

There are just no certainties in that realm. No executive could speak to what may happen years down the road.

Building a fourth tower at DLH is definitely in the cards. But a number of things still have to come together before it would move forward. The timing has to suit both Anaheim execs and DVC since it would be a joint venture. And everyone still has concerns about Aulani.

Adding more villas to DL would only hurt Aulani sales. And since there really aren't many alternatives for buying into a DL DVC, there's no great urgency. A few impatient candidates will buy resale at VGC, but those numbers are pretty small in the grand scheme of things. Whenever DVC decides to build more villas at DL, the business will be there.

I think that may have even been Iger that made that sort of comment. I recall it also.

But at least plans can change.

(ok - searched and it was Iger that I was thinking of - that there were no immediate plans. Tim - DVC News reported it also. ;))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter