DVC AP or bridge tickets to DVC AP

Based on the price that you paid UT. When we upgraded, they could see what we paid for the ticket.
No, that’s wrong. If that’s what happened, you got cheated.
If that is the case, there is no longer any benefit/value to purchasing tickets from UT. They have always been able to see the purchase price, but bridged the ticket to preserve the discount. (Well, not every CM knew how to do this, but that was the policy.) I don't know if that policy has changed. No official word yet, I believe.
You’d get the gate value of that ticket, when it was offered for sale. Since the ticket is offered any more (and this goes based on the expiration date, too) the current gate price is irrelevant. The UT will still get you some savings, but not much.

Based on the price that you paid UT. When we upgraded, they could see what we paid for the ticket.
two weeks ago (10/6), I was on the 2nd day of using 2012 6 day PH. DHS GR told me it would be $319.34 to upgrade to a DVC AP (then current Gold AP price, less the original price paid for the PH), as they "no longer bridge" passes.
realizing that he might be incorrect, I decided we had nothing to lose by waiting until we got to EPCOT (IG) GR the next day......where I was charged $116.09 for the upgrade - over $200 less!! :yay:
now that the ticket structure has changed, the price & options of upgrading are uncertain, but it certainly might be beneficial to try more than one GR when attempting to upgrade an old pass.

Last edited:
Disney CMs are NOT all very well trained. Always ask on this site, know the answer before you upgrade so you know what you SHOULD be paying.

two weeks ago (10/6), I was on the 2nd day of using 2012 6 day PH. DHS GR told me it would be $319.34 to upgrade to a DVC AP (then current Gold AP price, less the original price paid for the PH), as they "no longer bridge" passes.
realizing that he might be incorrect, I decided we had nothing to lose by waiting until we got to EPCOT (IG) GR the next day......where I was charged $116.09 for the upgrade - over $200 less!! :yay:
now that the ticket structure has changed, the price & options of upgrading are uncertain, but it certainly might be beneficial to try more than one GR when attempting to upgrade an old pass.
Yeah that’s what I had figured too nowvthey raised the AP $20 so I guess I have to add on more but have a ball park figure that’s right. Now need to hear from someone who has done this since 10/16 now to see how much. IG is International Gateway by BWV? Right. Try there first. Thanks

Last edited:

That's on one ticket? Wow

Yeah that’s what I had figured too nowvthey raised the AP $20 so I guess I have to add on more but have a ball park figure that’s right. Now need to hear from someone who has done this since 10/16 now to see how much. IG is International Gateway by BWV? Right. Try there first. Thanks
yes, IG is the EPCOT entrance between England & France.
See what you originally paid for your pass - mine was from 2012. BUT, as has been said, they still might not "bridge" because of the new pricing structure though it is certainly worth a shot (btw, a current 6 day PH, at the highest cost period, is $574.47, which should be the closest comparable pass since the older PHs didn't have any time period restrictions). good luck!

That's on one ticket? Wow
yup :)
my 6 day PH cost $307.95 in 2012 (from UTC), the pre 10/16/2018 gate price for a 6 day PH was $511.20 - a $203.25 (or 66%) difference :eek:

yes, IG is the EPCOT entrance between England & France.
See what you originally paid for your pass - mine was from 2012. BUT, as has been said, they still might not "bridge" because of the new pricing structure though it is certainly worth a shot (btw, a current 6 day PH, at the highest cost period, is $574.47, which should be the closest comparable pass since the older PHs didn't have any time period restrictions). good luck!

yup :)
my 6 day PH cost $307.95 in 2012 (from UTC), the pre 10/16/2018 gate price for a 6 day PH was $511.20 - a $203.25 (or 66%) difference :eek:
Oh I’d never be so lucky as to get 574.47 I’d be thrilled if so since DVC AP went up $20 Again this year.

I’m waiting for someone to have upgraded After 10/16 to see what they have to pay. Just want to have a general idea so I don’t over pay like you almost did on first attempt. Not leaving til next Sunday staying at BWV

I’m at Disney now and am vascillating btwn upgrading our 7 day PH (vs just buying a gold pass outright).

Two things:
1. Have they gotten rid of upgrading? I’m worried... what should I do??
2. Is there a website with the old ticket price structure? Wanted to find out the last prices on 5 and 7 day hoppers....

When we bridged our tickets in July to APs, I did mine at the Liberty Square ticket office. We had 7 day hopper passes so it was 49 to upgrade. My brother wanted to do his the next day and went to the booth at HS and was told it was going to be like 250 something. The next day at Epcot we checked there and they said 49 to upgrade. So yes training varies between the CMs.

I’m at Disney now and am vascillating btwn upgrading our 7 day PH (vs just buying a gold pass outright).

Two things:
2. Is there a website with the old ticket price structure? Wanted to find out the last prices on 5 and 7 day hoppers....
There is a thread on the Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board with ticket upgrade information: All About TICKETS & Upgrades

Two things:

1. it appears upgrading is not a problem. however, bridging might be, so at worse, you would get the price you paid for the PHs credited toward the APs.
2. pre Oct 16 gate price for a 5 day PH was $500.55, & 7 day PH was $521.85 - both adult, with tax
http://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/wdw-ticket-increase-guide/
Have fun!!

On Oct 28 at Guest Relations at Epcot International Gateway I upgraded a 6day hopper I think it was $511 ish up to DVC gold for $137 ish. I read Guest Relations is the better place to do it. No problem. Just know price of Gold and what was ticket price before Oct 16.

Hello! The guest relations aT MK bridged the ticket. Our 7 day PH was given enough credit so that upgrading to a gold pass was $75 for a child and adult ticket...

I think we paid about $435 per ticket making the gold pass a whopping $470 each... woohoo!

Hello! The guest relations aT MK bridged the ticket. Our 7 day PH was given enough credit so that upgrading to a gold pass was $75 for a child and adult ticket...

I think we paid about $435 per ticket making the gold pass a whopping $470 each... woohoo!
That’s great! I am hoping to be able to bridge a ticket for my son when we go down next month.

That’s great! I am hoping to be able to bridge a ticket for my son when we go down next month.

Actually never mind.

I just checked my tickets on MDE. They are taking our no expire tickets and my 7 day hoppers disappeared. And no upgraded annual pass.

Which means my 7 day hoped just disappeared and no one knows why so they pretty much stole $900 unless they give those tickets back (plus my $75).... or give us the annual passes as promised/purchased/upgraded.

I’m pissed at 4am and can’t do anything about it until tomorrow. Love the Disney competence. Sigh.

Actually never mind.

I just checked my tickets on MDE. They are taking our no expire tickets and my 7 day hoppers disappeared. And no upgraded annual pass.

Which means my 7 day hoped just disappeared and no one knows why so they pretty much stole $900 unless they give those tickets back (plus my $75).... or give us the annual passes as promised/purchased/upgraded.

I’m pissed at 4am and can’t do anything about it until tomorrow. Love the Disney competence. Sigh.
I understand your frustration but I am sure they will find your tickets in the system and make it right. It is probably something to do with the new system. Disney May charge more than we want but I do believe that they will make it right with your lost tickets.

When we bridged our tickets in July to APs, I did mine at the Liberty Square ticket office. We had 7 day hopper passes so it was 49 to upgrade. My brother wanted to do his the next day and went to the booth at HS and was told it was going to be like 250 something. The next day at Epcot we checked there and they said 49 to upgrade. So yes training varies between the CMs.

I just don't understand how the CMS can give out so much bad info.

A year ago, we had an issue (which robo said it is now out of the CMs hands) , two CM in two different locations told me backdating an upgraded AP to the date I bought (not used) the 7 day ticket was correct. That would have meant losing 7 months on the AP. We got it fixed but it took talking to several CMs in a few locations and a few phone calls.

I understand your frustration but I am sure they will find your tickets in the system and make it right. It is probably something to do with the new system. Disney May charge more than we want but I do believe that they will make it right with your lost tickets.
Yes they did make it right — but it was quite stressful in the meantime before getting back to guest services. They gave us a 2 day and 1 day to make up for the 3 days they took from our no expire

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter