DVC and diapers/ garbage

Callalily6

DIS Veteran
This is the 1st time I'll be doing DVC where we have a baby in diapers. Since there isnt trash removal daily - how do I get rid of the diapers? Can I pay to have them pick up the trash daily? Someone please clue me in. If you have other suggestions, I'm all ears. We are staying at SSR for 6 days.

This is the 1st time I'll be doing DVC where we have a baby in diapers. Since there isnt trash removal daily - how do I get rid of the diapers? Can I pay to have them pick up the trash daily? Someone please clue me in. If you have other suggestions, I'm all ears. We are staying at SSR for 6 days.

Each building in SSR has a "trash room". I would take my bag of dirty diapers there daily. There is a sign on the outside of the room..just look for it.

We never have to go out & actively search for the "trash room". We always just notice it as we are walking about. If you can't locate it, just ask a CM.

*By the way, you can PAY for daily trash removal...not sure of the price as we've never done that.

There are trash/recycling rooms in each building of the condo-style resorts and on each floor of the resort-style properties. Just bag up your trash/diapers and take it to the trash room. :)

Or bring a Diaper Genie with you. Man, I loved that thing 18 years ago.

thank you! i am such a dork. we've stayed DVC so many times and I have never seen a trash room. thanks for the info!

At OKW in Sept we used baby powder scented bags from the dollar store kept the wet ones in the room til full and threw the messy one in the outside trashcan! Hope that helps.

When our dd's were that age, I just sealed up each diaper in a gallon Ziploc bag, and threw it in the trashcan in the room. It sealed out any odors, and no unnecessary trips to the trash disposal.

At OKW in Sept we used baby powder scented bags from the dollar store kept the wet ones in the room til full and threw the messy one in the outside trashcan! Hope that helps.
We all walk past those trash cans, Florida, 95 degree heat, the trash room is probably a better alternative! Just a suggestion!

Hey, store it in your "Owners Locker"! I wonder if they can handle "Depends", a whole new market!

You have just uncovered a whole new market for Diaper Genie. I wish I still had it. I'll be needing it soon. :lmao:

Every day my husband would take the trash to the trash room at the end of the hall and dispose of the dirty diapers. It'd be a waste of money to have someone pick-up the trash when you'll probably walk right past the trash room.

We took the trash to the trash room daily not a big deal at all...I think it was near the elevator so we passed it everyday anyway

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!