DVC and CRT: 90+10 rule?

ryanmilla

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had any luck booking CRT with the new 90+10 rule on a DVC reservation? I just called in for our Dec trip to make some PS reservations and they said I couldn't unless I was staying on-site. When I told the CM that I am a DVC member and staying on a DVC reservation she said she had to check with her supervisor. She came back and everything was fine. Luckily for this trip I was not booking CRT ressies, but I will be (or at least trying) for our March trip. I'm afraid that if the CM has to check with their supervisor about DVC eligibility when I try to call for CRT that I might lose the ressie. :sad2:

Has anyone had any experience with this? And if so, what did you do? :confused3

I'm DVC and staying at CR but on points. I just started making my PS and gave her the reservation number when she asked and I had no problems, although I didn't get CRT at 90 days from check in. I did get CRT though at 90 days from when I really wanted it.

I got Cindy's Breakfast staying at AKL on points. No questions were asked about it.

I am confused with this 90+10 days thing. We will be there 12-18-2005 so when can I start to book my ADR's? I would like to get CRT on the 21st for a party of 8, so when can I start that ADR?
Please help!
Thank you!

cinderminnie said:
I am confused with this 90+10 days thing. We will be there 12-18-2005 so when can I start to book my ADR's? I would like to get CRT on the 21st for a party of 8, so when can I start that ADR?
Please help!
Thank you!

Find out what 90 days is from your check in date. Then you can call 90 days from check in and book up to 10 days of ADRs. If you REALLY want CRT and don't get it at 90 days from check in, then call 90 days from the day(s) you want it, as usual.

I had no luck with CRT at 90 days from check in but had success at 90 days from when I really wanted it.

I called at the beginning of the month and I was told they couldn't go by my ressie # but instead would use my phone #. I still needed to give my ressie # even though she said she wouldn't be able to go by that # :confused3 Susan

cinderminnie said:
Please help!
Thank you!
As previously stated, you can start 90 days prior to your arrival, and can make ADRs (the new name) up to 10 days after your arrival.

HOWEVER, apparently they do not put all of the availability into the +10 pool. We called at 90 days from arrival, could get not get Cindy's that day, nor for the remainder of our stay...but the CM said to keep calling each day, because additional ressies become available exactly 90 days prior to the actual date of the event.

We did that and still had zero luck, but on our last call, a Cindy's luncheon ressie had apparently opened up on our arrival date and we were able to snag that!

BTW, I'm not sure if this is a clue, or just a coincidence, but we noticed a difference in the background music on various calls. Some of it was clear. Some of it was muted to the point you couldn't hear it, and very static-y (if there is such a word), but the periodic voice-overs (Your call is important to us, or whatever) were loud and clear.

With the normal background music, we always eventually got to speak to a CM. With the soft, static-y background, we NEVER got a living human being on the line.

People talk about a Disney Dining Never-never land, and I think that poor quality background may be the clue.

I called yesterday (9/11) as it was 90 days from my check in date. Wanted cindy's for breakfast on day 7 of my stay. She asked for my reservation number and then asked if the reservation was made by a travel agent. Once I told her it was DVC we proceeded as usual. I was able to get breakfast on the day I wanted for a party of 8 with no problems. :cool1: I called early 6:58 am EST and followed the usual instructions (from the cindy's thread on the dining board). If I had not gotten the ressie I wanted yesterday, I would have tried again on the 90 day mark from when we actually wanted to eat.

Shan

Sorry for the rookie question, but I am now getting confused with all the dinner reservation lingo:

I know that PS is Priority Seating, but what is an ADR and CRT? How are they different?

Thanks!

1BigDisneyFan said:
Sorry for the rookie question, but I am now getting confused with all the dinner reservation lingo:

I know that PS is Priority Seating, but what is an ADR and CRT? How are they different?

Thanks!

No problems. I had the same questions when I started posting on these boards.
ADR=Advanced Dinner Reservation (pretty much the same thing as a PS)
CRT=Cinderella's Royal Table (I think that is the exact meaning, please DISers correct me if I'm wrong).

BTW, thanks everyone for words of encouragement and stories of other DVCers being able to get the booking through. :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter