DVC 7 months out

JusDisneyy

Earning My Ears
I planning a trip for January of 2025 and keeping an eye on 7 months availability for 2 bedroom at beach club. Right now 7 month window is September so very similar to janauary in terms of points and how busy it would be. Anyway.

What I am finding is that on the exact 7 month to the day to book that day is not available. However 4-5 days prior is open. Then tomorrow 7 Months out to the day will be unavailable but yesterday date no available. Does anyone know why this is and if it’ll make it hard to lock up 7-8 days when the time comes for me to book in late June?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help!

if it’ll make it hard to lock up 7-8 days when the time comes for me to book in late June?
Hard to predict. Beach Club is a small resort, and availability is hard to get in the 7 month window. You may want to have a fall back resort in mind besides BC if you can't get it when you want.

BCV is really popular in the fall with Food & Wine and leading into the holidays. Even though points are similar, I don't think January is as popular.

But, getting BCV at 7 months for that many nights, being it is a small resort and popular, may be a tall order. However, with stalking, waitlisting and split reservations, you might be able to get there.

If you have your home resort booked now for all those nights, and would consider a split stay, I would split the one you have (assuming there are still rooms) into two so that when your window opens, you can at least snag some of the nights if all 7 or 8 are not there, and then continue to try and pick it up as time goes on.

I think a 2BR for that many nights 7 months out will be a coin flip for you. It's a tough call, because we would absolutely make sure we have the room booked at our home resort at 11 months, just to make sure we have a reservation. We stay at BCV most Januarys, and to us, the Festival of the Arts has become much more popular the past couple years. The resort, parks, and restaurants were surprisingly crowded a couple weeks ago. We didn't expect that.

OP - keep an eye on the availability as the weeks pass, and be ready to make the switch just as soon as you can. If you're willing to do a split stay, perhaps make 2 back-to-back 4-night reservations now at your home resort - then look to waitlist one of the 4-night segments for BCV in January, if that's necessary. Good luck with the reservation - hope you get to stay there.

WAIT!
Ah, something just dawned on me, as it was a topic of conversation when we were there. It is possible that room availability in Jan, 2025 will actually be a bit easier than normal. The famous Stormalong Bay pool will be completely closed the first several months of 2025. I have to believe that's going to impact some people's vacation plans, not wanting to be there without that pool. If you weren't aware, it might impact your plans, too. Just an FYI.....

I think a 2BR for that many nights 7 months out will be a coin flip for you. It's a tough call, because we would absolutely make sure we have the room booked at our home resort at 11 months, just to make sure we have a reservation. We stay at BCV most Januarys, and to us, the Festival of the Arts has become much more popular the past couple years. The resort, parks, and restaurants were surprisingly crowded a couple weeks ago. We didn't expect that.

OP - keep an eye on the availability as the weeks pass, and be ready to make the switch just as soon as you can. If you're willing to do a split stay, perhaps make 2 back-to-back 4-night reservations now at your home resort - then look to waitlist one of the 4-night segments for BCV in January, if that's necessary. Good luck with the reservation - hope you get to stay there.

WAIT!
Ah, something just dawned on me, as it was a topic of conversation when we were there. It is possible that room availability in Jan, 2025 will actually be a bit easier than normal. The famous Stormalong Bay pool will be completely closed the first several months of 2025. I have to believe that's going to impact some people's vacation plans, not wanting to be there without that pool. If you weren't aware, it might impact your plans, too. Just an FYI.....
Okay yeah that is good to know for sure. Maybe we’ll double down on bcv since we don’t really swim when we are there in January anyway. And hopefully it’ll be easier to get!

Okay yeah that is good to know for sure. Maybe we’ll double down on bcv since we don’t really swim when we are there in January anyway. And hopefully it’ll be easier to get!
I don't know for certain, of course - but I think it will make a difference there the first several months of 2025. I know we're looking at alternate plans for at least part of our normal Jan trip. We do enjoy the pool - and most Januarys we get to spend time there (this past Jan, we had a couple days in the 80s!). Some Januarys, it's too cold anyway! But we'll still do a few nights just for the convenience of the 5-minute walk to EPCOT and the FOA.

I don't know for certain, of course - but I think it will make a difference there the first several months of 2025. I know we're looking at alternate plans for at least part of our normal Jan trip. We do enjoy the pool - and most Januarys we get to spend time there (this past Jan, we had a couple days in the 80s!). Some Januarys, it's too cold anyway! But we'll still do a few nights just for the convenience of the 5-minute walk to EPCOT and the FOA.
Yes! Weather is very hot or miss. We stayed at grand Floridian Jan 19-25 and the weather was amazing. 2 years ago we were there in January and froze all day at Epcot! lol

What do you mean by walking reservations?
Technically walking happens at the 11 month window...but people try it at 7 months also. The way it happens...somebody will find days open before they really want to go, and book a reservation. Then they move it forward day by day until it falls on the days they want. Of course non-owners can get blocked by owners, but it often prevents other non-owners from snagging the days.

Yes! Weather is very hot or miss. We stayed at grand Floridian Jan 19-25 and the weather was amazing. 2 years ago we were there in January and froze all day at Epcot! lol
Good luck with your BCV reservation. Hope that all works out as you need!

You may want to waitlist 1 or 2 nights at a time as you will have a better chance of getting what you want. I was able to get 1 night in a BC studio for January 2024 about four weeks out by waitlist. Good luck!

I planning a trip for January of 2025 and keeping an eye on 7 months availability for 2 bedroom at beach club. Right now 7 month window is September so very similar to janauary in terms of points and how busy it would be. Anyway.

What I am finding is that on the exact 7 month to the day to book that day is not available. However 4-5 days prior is open. Then tomorrow 7 Months out to the day will be unavailable but yesterday date no available. Does anyone know why this is and if it’ll make it hard to lock up 7-8 days when the time comes for me to book in late June?

If you book during Dopey in Jan it will be full. Beach club books out for rundisney weekends.

BCV is typically difficult get at 7-months out much of the year. What you are seeing now for availability in the first part of Sep is actually what happens with BVC at 7-months out during a moderate demand time of the year at WDW. What is happening is that there are very few rooms still open at 7-months out for any Sep start date. Those rooms for Sep 7 were immediately filled today right at 8 a.m. Sep 8 may not yet be gone but the available rooms for the 8th are only those from which members are checking out on the 8th, meaning they cannot be booked for Sep 8 until tomorrow morning.

The high to super-high demand time of the year is the "fall" season that runs from late Sep through Marathon weekend in Jan. If you are thinking time during the first week of Jan 2024 (marathon weekend is Jan 4-7 in 2024), you should not assume you have any decent chance to get BCV.

Moreover, the rest of Jan is actually a higher demand time than early Sep and thus the disappearance of rooms you are seeing for Sep now will likely be matched by or be worse the rest of Jan at 7-months out.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter