DVC 7 for 5 ticket upgrade question?

sesame_123

Mouseketeer
I have tried to find this but can't seem to find the answer. If I purchased the ticket special that gives you 6 months to use all the days, and I use it for 3 days in June could I upgrade it to an annual pass in October? and would the Annual pass start from October or would it start from the first date of use in June? My original plans were to just go to Disney in June and October with the ticket but now we are thinking of going for Spring break and would need the annual pass. And yes it would work just fine to get the annual pass for june to june but I really enjoy halloween in Disney and if i could extend to October to Ocotber it would be more incentive for me to go then. I hope I made sense with this? Basically I want to know if I upgrade the 7 for 5 ticket, when will the AP be valid. (I just feel like I must be missing something because why wouldn't someone use the first 6 days on one vacation and then wait until the next vacation (towards the end of the 6 month window) to upgrade to an AP to essentially get an AP that last 18 months)

I suggest that you call Disney Ticketing at 407-566-4985 opt 5. They can handle the toughest ticket issues.

Generally speaking, all tickets must be be upgraded within 14 days of first use. There might be an exception for certain Florida resident tickets, so maybe there’s some hope of upgrading later.

However, all AP upgrades are backdated to the date of first use of the underlying ticket. That’s a manual process, so mistakes might be made. I got one extra day, but a four-month mistake seems unlikely.

Also, keep in mind that this particular ticket will not be “bridged.” When upgrading, you’ll only get credit for the price you paid. It might be worthwhile to purchase the AP and save the ticket for later.

I bought two of the 7 for 5 tickets for my DH to use. I loved the fact that the tickets could be used over 6 months not 14 days. I have an AP as I used to go solo quite a bit and just had my DH go with me occasionally. I've become more disabled now and really prefer that he go with me (not his preference :) but he's a good husband).

So I'm going to take one of those and upgrade it to an AP for him when we get there next week. I expect to pay the difference in a DVC AP and the cost of the 7 for 5 tickets.

If you can upgrade it to an AP, I would assume that the expiration date will be 365 days from when you first used/activated the ticket. If that is not the case, I would be ecstatic since our trips are typically the same week every year. We can't take advantage of AP's because they would expire on the arrival date each year. If I could upgrade park-hoppers to AP's and use the day of upgrade as the start date of the AP, then I would just buy a park hopper for our first trip and upgrade it to an AP on our last day. Then I wouldn't need a ticket for the next trip because the AP would still be good.

When DVC started selling fixed weeks, I was really hoping they would continue to offer the 13-month AP, particularly for those guests who do vacation over the same week every year. The cost of the park tickets is getting so ridiculous that the only way we can really justify annual trips is if I can spread the cost of the tickets out over several years. Fortunately, I had stockpiled on passes back when they didn't have a "use by" date and I still have passes available to cover my trips through 2019. After that, I am really not sure how we are going to space our vacations. We may need to drop down to every other year since I simply cannot justify $2K just for tickets for my family of 4.

I have tried to find this but can't seem to find the answer. If I purchased the ticket special that gives you 6 months to use all the days, and I use it for 3 days in June could I upgrade it to an annual pass in October? and would the Annual pass start from October or would it start from the first date of use in June? My original plans were to just go to Disney in June and October with the ticket but now we are thinking of going for Spring break and would need the annual pass. And yes it would work just fine to get the annual pass for june to june but I really enjoy halloween in Disney and if i could extend to October to Ocotber it would be more incentive for me to go then. I hope I made sense with this? Basically I want to know if I upgrade the 7 for 5 ticket, when will the AP be valid. (I just feel like I must be missing something because why wouldn't someone use the first 6 days on one vacation and then wait until the next vacation (towards the end of the 6 month window) to upgrade to an AP to essentially get an AP that last 18 months)

You are right, if one could upgrade 6 months later and essentially have use for 18 months then why wouldn't people do that?! So, while CMs can make mistakes in October one would normally learn they needed to upgrade within 14 days of the first use of the ticket and be unable to do anything with it. At best you might get an exception but the AP would be dated back to the first time it was used. Also, Disney does not bridge tickets they sell so you'd get credit for the original price paid if you did upgrade in the first 2 weeks of use.

Thanks for the answer. That is pretty much what I thought but its good to be confirmed. I will just upgrade to the AP right in June.

Thanks for the answer. That is pretty much what I thought but its good to be confirmed. I will just upgrade to the AP right in June.
Yeah i called Disney and asked this very question because i need to upgrade one of my 7 day tickets because I will be back in nov. they said to upgrade within 14 days of first use. you would end up paying aprox $233 to upgrade to the DVC Gold AP.

Generally speaking, all tickets must be be upgraded within 14 days of first use. There might be an exception for certain Florida resident tickets, so maybe there’s some hope of upgrading later.

However, all AP upgrades are backdated to the date of first use of the underlying ticket. That’s a manual process, so mistakes might be made. I got one extra day, but a four-month mistake seems unlikely.

Also, keep in mind that this particular ticket will not be “bridged.” When upgrading, you’ll only get credit for the price you paid. It might be worthwhile to purchase the AP and save the ticket for later.

Is there a reason this ticket doesn't bridge? I was going to upgrade it on one of my first days of use.

Is there a reason this ticket doesn't bridge? I was going to upgrade it on one of my first days of use.
Bridging is designed t make sure you get a fair value for your ticket. When you purchase from a third party, Disney only knows what they sold the ticket for to the reseller. When Disney sells a ticket, they know exactly how much you paid for the ticket, so that’s how much they apply to the exchange.

SESAME123,

Curious how this worked out for you? I am planning on doing the same thing. Have one ticket day left from this ticket, i used the other 6 in December 2018. It still shows upgradeable in the app (so way outside 14 days of first use) but shows the AP would expire 12/12/19 which is the day AFTER 365 days of my LAST USE, not my first use. (First use was 12/5/18 and 6th day was used 12/11/18). Wondering when i use that 7th day in april maybe the app will change to an AP date of the day AFTER 7th day use?? one could hope right? Wonder if its worth talking to guest services.... these tickets are just different from the usual due to the 6 month window of use. I would LOVE an april to april AP.

Just to tag on to this thread.....

Could you buy a 7 day park ticket, and then on the 7th day, upgrade to an AP and then give you 365 days on the AP? (1 year + 1 week)

Or does it revert to the 1st day of use on the 7 day park ticket?

Just wondering because we usually go the same weeks in April and would be nice to get 2 trips on the same AP.

SESAME123,

Curious how this worked out for you? I am planning on doing the same thing. Have one ticket day left from this ticket, i used the other 6 in December 2018. It still shows upgradeable in the app (so way outside 14 days of first use) but shows the AP would expire 12/12/19 which is the day AFTER 365 days of my LAST USE, not my first use. (First use was 12/5/18 and 6th day was used 12/11/18). Wondering when i use that 7th day in april maybe the app will change to an AP date of the day AFTER 7th day use?? one could hope right? Wonder if its worth talking to guest services.... these tickets are just different from the usual due to the 6 month window of use. I would LOVE an april to april AP.

That's a known problem. People have been reporting their non-expiring tickets say the sae thing when they only have 2 days left of a 10 day ticket. But when you go to upgrade, it wont let you.

That's a known problem. People have been reporting their non-expiring tickets say the sae thing when they only have 2 days left of a 10 day ticket. But when you go to upgrade, it wont let you.

It won't let you upgrade? or it wont let you start the AP on your last use day?

It won't let you upgrade? or it wont let you start the AP on your last use day?

It shows you can upgrade but you can't if you are more than 14 days past the first use.

We've also had tickets appear that were comped but no all days used from 2-3 years ago and they indicate they can be transferred or upgraded when they show up. But they of course can't. And it's shown that active AP's could be transferred which of course they can't.

Ok, can anyone point me where I can buy the 7 for 5 ticket? Also, can I add additional days to it?

Ok, can anyone point me where I can buy the 7 for 5 ticket? Also, can I add additional days to it?
Sadly, these were offered in 2017 and aren't available anymore. Speculation is that deals like this are unlikely in the near future because of SWGE and other things drawing in enough people that ticket deals aren't needed.

It shows you can upgrade but you can't if you are more than 14 days past the first use.

We've also had tickets appear that were comped but no all days used from 2-3 years ago and they indicate they can be transferred or upgraded when they show up. But they of course can't. And it's shown that active AP's could be transferred which of course they can't.

were non expiring tickets always not upgradeable after 14 days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter