During our busy day tomorrow, if you have a moment to remember our friend, Sylvia

Dan Murphy

We are family.
eeyore3.jpg
Most of us know of Sylvia, aka NicksMom, our DIS friend who passed away last year, June 7th, from breast cancer. A number of us here may not recall Sylvia, having joined the DIS during the past year, or just not 'hanging out' on the CB or Canadian Board (where she was a co-moderator) at the time last year.

I personally never met Sylvia, or any of her family, but I did get to know her a bit over the limited number of months she did share her glow, smiles, resolve and hope with us all. She lived life to the fullest, she prayed for a miracle, as we did with her, till her last breath. Sylvia was a daughter, a mom, a lover, a fighter. She loved her son, Nick, her mom, Margarete, her partner, Dan, she loved life.

Sylvia is with us today, I firmly believe so. I miss you dearly, Sylvia, a true friend you became over those months. I look forward to the day we meet in person. Until then, care for Nick, your mom, us. We love you. :sunny:

For those who did not know Sylvia, or would like to revisit a few threads (some links within these may not work), here are some links to share some time with a real lady, Sylvia.

<center>Sylvia's passing thread

A DIS search on threads of a mention of Sylvia

A link to several threads from this time last year

syl.jpg

2bb.jpg
</center>

<embed src="http://worldzone.net/travel/danmurphy//avemaria.mid" hidden=true autostart=TRUE height=0 width=0></EMBED>

That is a beautiful post, Dan!! I can't help but cry when I look at that picture...Thanks so much for sharing them again...

Thank-you for the reminder Dan. She is still missed here and I cherish the time I got to spend with her during her final weeks. :(

May God bless Sylvia's family and may they always remember there is an extra angel in heaven watching over them.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to know Sylvia before she passed. But because of your loving posts, Dan, and those of others...I feel that I have a good sense of the quality of person she was here on the DIS. Sylvia's story touches me, and I think of her often.

I don't know what to say except that was very touching Dan. Although I've been visiting the DIS since it's inception, I didn't know anything of Sylvia until right before she passed away, as I never frequented the CB until then. I will definitely keep her in my thoughts tomorrow, and her son and the rest of her family. She must have been a very special person seeing as how much all of you who knew her miss her.

I came here after Sylvia passed, but what a lovely tribute. I know from the references in other's sigs that she was loved and is sorely missed.

A sad anniversary, indeed. :( Still in our hearts, still missed very much, I think of her often. God bless her family....Rest in Peace, Sylvia

She is gone but not forgotten.

And I honestly believe she is still here among us as well.

I know her death serves as a reminder to me to have my annual mammogram done. Ironically, I had my first one last year on the day she died. :(

She was a funny sort of person, a little off-beat, she loved dogs and her kid and Disney World. I miss her alot.

What a special post Dan, I know I will not forget her.
" Nothing you love is lost; not really. Things, people - they always go away, sooner or later. You can't hold them, any more than you can hold moonlight. But if they've touched you, if they're inside you, then they're still yours. The only things you ever really have are the ones you hold inside your heart."
--- Author Unknown ---

Beautiful tribute Dan. I have found myself the last few days reading through many of the same threads you had linked for us just now. She will be missed.

:( :( :( So sad that she's been gone for almost a year. :( :( :(

I hope Nick and the rest of her family and friends are doing well.

Even though I did not know her, many of you hold her in high regard. I will keep her in my thoughts today and say a little prayer for her family.

:(

I've been thinking about her since I turned our kitchen wall calendar from May to June. :(

Thank you for the reminder Dan. We think of her all the time...

Right now "You'll Be in My Heart" from Tarzan is playing on my CD player and for some reason it really fits as I'm reading this post.....

You are missed Sylvia and we still love you very much!!!!

I had to post the lyrics to this song, it makes me think of Sylvia and Stephanie whenever I hear it.

With You In Your Dreams by Hanson

(Dedicated to the memory of their grandmother,Jane Nelson Lawyer)
If I'm gone when you wake up please don't cry
And if I'm gone when you wake up it's not goodbye
Don't look back at this time as a time of heartbreak and distress
Remember me, remember me, 'cause I'll be with you in your dreams
Hooo. Ohh I'll be with you.
If I'm gone when you wake up please don't cry.
And if I'm gone when you wake up don't ask why
Remember me, remember me, cause I'll be with you in your dream, ohh, ohh
Don't cry I'm with you don't cry I'm by your side
Don't cry I'm with you don't cry I'm by your side
And though my flesh is gone, Hoo Ohh
I'll still be with you at all times
And though my body is gone, Hoo Ohh
I'll be there to comfort you at all times
Hoo, ohh, hoo, ohh
I don't want you to cry and weep, Hoo Ohh
I want you to go on livin' your life
I'm not sleepin' an endless sleep, Hoo Ohh
Cause in your heart you all have good times
Hoo I'll be with you in your dreams

I'm glad so many of her DIS friends have not forgotten. Sylvia's death was one of the things that drew me more deeply into the DIS community--it showed me how many very special people inhabit these boards. Thanks for the reminder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!