DUPLICATE POST *Escape from the North - Link to TR in signature

ursalita

DIS Veteran
Welcome to my Trip Report!

Hello. :) I'm Colleen and I'll be your guide on this journey from frozen Rhode Island to the tropical paradise that was Walt Disney World's Yacht Club this spring. We had an absolutely fantastic time at Disney and I can't wait to share it with you! There were some definite highs and lows but overall it was best family vacation we've ever taken and we can't wait to go back!! :yay:

AK_DINOCHAR1_7282177157 2.jpg

Here are the Deets:

Who: Me and the Fam
What: Spring Vacation 2015
Where: Yacht Club
When: April 21 - April 27, 2015

Introductions:

I am Colleen, the planner and photographer. I became obsessed with Disney when DS1 was 2 and I wanted to go on vacation somewhere we all would enjoy. I researched Disney World and planned our first trip to the Wilderness Lodge in the fall of 2008. I vividly remember the first boat ride with Aidan (he was 2 1/2 at the time) from the lodge to the Magic Kingdom. I was hooked. DH enjoys Disney and grudgingly allows me to plan a trip every couple of years or so. Aidan is 9 and Sammy is 6. I was going to write some brief descriptions of them but I think you'll get to know their personalities as this TR evolves.

Thinking about the TR I'm about to write, I have a few disclaimers:

1. They each saved all of their birthday and Christmas money this year to purchase Disney gift cards which were used to purchase their souvenirs. There were many.

2. There will be many mentions of Sammy's bad moods because they often derailed my plans. He's actually a really fun and funny kid but when he's cranky he's really cranky.

3. The Florida humidity was not kind to my hair.

If anyone is interested in how this trip came to be you can check out the Pre-Trip Report.

Stay tuned for departure day.

OK, I am here...Well you don't know me but I figured anyone who was just back and already starting a trip resort, was a kindred spirit.. Can't wait to hear more and now off to read the pre trip report:flower1:

Here are the Deets:

I was trying to figure out if your last name is Deet, or if you were talking about mosquito repellent (which could be useful in Florida). Or, this must be a new abbreviation for "details".

Anyway, looking forward to reading about your week at Yacht Club.

OK, I am here...Well you don't know me but I figured anyone who was just back and already starting a trip resort, was a kindred spirit.. Can't wait to hear more and now off to read the pre trip report:flower1:

:welcome: Thanks for coming by! Unfortunately I somehow created a duplicate post. :confused3
If you want to head over to the TR in my signature I posted a new update. I just couldn't wait to get started on writing about my trip to keep the magic going a little longer.

I was trying to figure out if your last name is Deet, or if you were talking about mosquito repellent (which could be useful in Florida). Or, this must be a new abbreviation for "details".

Anyway, looking forward to reading about your week at Yacht Club.
:hyper2::hyper2::hyper2::hyper2:
:welcome: I have no idea how I created two posts but I think I'll try to delete this one or make it inactive. I posted an update last night on the other post. The link in my signature goes to the right post. Thank you for pointed out that there were two threads. :goodvibes

Yeah, I meant deets for details. Probably shouldn't have capitalized it. I'll fix that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter