dumb question on WDW transporation

luvthemouse97

Earning My Ears
we are planning our first visit to WDW,we will be staying at CBR.How do you get to other hotels?Do the buses just take you to the parks or can you also bus to other resorts without having to go to the park.Any help would be appreciated for as you can see I am CLUELESS!
Thanks in advance for any replies!! :)

Lori:wave:

The only direct bus runs are to the theme parks, waterparks and Downtown Disney. To get to another resort. You need to take a bus to one those places and then switch to another transport that takes you to the particular resort. Generally, the fastest way by Disney transport is to take the bus to the particular park that is nearest the resort you are going to. From MK you can get to Cont, Poly or GF by monorail, and WL and FW by boat. To get to YC/BC, Swan/Dolphin, or BW, the fastest way is the bus to MGM and then switch to the boat from there that goes to those resorts (or you can actually walk from MGM to those resorts--about 20 to 25 minutes). The slowest way is the Downtown Disney connection but the later it gets in the evening, the more that one becomes your only choice as the theme parks close and transportation to them ends. The Downtown Disney route runs till about 2 a.m. None of these trips is efficient as it can often take an hour or more to get to another resort. Best is to either have a car or take a cab (readily available at the resorts) as by car or cab you can essentially get to anywhere in WDW in 10 to 20 minutes.

Better to ask now than to be unpleasantly suprised when you arrive at WDW. Buses run for all the hotels to the parks and then you can get a bus from a particular park to a resort if necessary. Buses also run to downtown Disney and then to various resorts. If buses run between resorts I have always been under the impression it takes a very long time. It might be best to pick a desired park destination such as the Magic Kingdom and then grab a monorail to the Grand Floridian for example. Or go to MGM and take a relaxing boat ride to the Boardwalk area. A boat is also available between the Magic Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge.Don't expect to get anywhere in under a half hour. I have gotten to MGM from Old Key West in less than 15 minutes on a bus but it can take a whole lot longer depending on circumstances. If a bus runs every 15 minutes and you have to wait 14 minutes you can see how the time will get used up. My daughter had to go from OLd Key West for a Cirque Du Soleil show. It only takes about 10 minutes in travel time. She almost missed the show opening because it took her 45 minutes. Reason was she had to wait 20 minutes for the bus then the bus had to go elsewhere to pick up people because of another bus breakdown. Moral of the story start early or rent a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter