Dumb Logistical Epcot Rope Drop Question

Only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland attractions are open for MK AM EMH. This was also true for last year ( and for many years before.)
It is possible that you attended on a day that MK was open “ regular hours” at 8AM.
That had to be the case, thanks. Good info or we would have been puzzled as to why Pirates and BTM weren't open on AM EMH on our trip this Summer. We will try to do 7DMT (if the line isn't too long already, we have a fastpass later in the morning), Small World, Peter Pan, and Pooh.

That had to be the case, thanks. Good info or we would have been puzzled as to why Pirates and BTM weren't open on AM EMH on our trip this Summer. We will try to do 7DMT (if the line isn't too long already, we have a fastpass later in the morning), Small World, Peter Pan, and Pooh.
Small World is likely not the best choice during AM EMH.
It consumes a LOT of time, and you only have an hour.

Last edited:
Small World is likely not the best choice during AM EMH.
It consumes a LOT of time, and you only have an hour.
My girlfriend loves Small World so it is a must do and I didn’t fastpass it. I don’t want to risk the line being too long later in the day. She is an artist and loves the creative type rides.

We stayed at BWV in May. They had changed the way they work the RD from the IG. In past years, they let us in the IG at the same RD time as the front of the park. There would not even do security until the front gate RD time. If you were headed to TT or Soarin', you would get there well behind they first wave of guests from the main entry. We never did Frozen, but I would guess you might beat those folks. There was always lots of griping in the line (present company included). I suspect with the skyliner coming, and an expected increase in IG traffic, they modified the entry procedure at the IG. Now Security is separated from the touchpoints, so before RD they let you through security. They also let you through the touchpoints and hold the crowd behind a rope at the top of the hill. They let us start walking slowly at 5 min till rope drop and they stopped us again between England and Canada. Then at RD time they released the crowd. The front wave of brisk walkers arrived at Soarin' at the same time as the main entry first wave. I suspect TT would have been comparable. No doubt the IG crowd beat the front gate crowd to Frozen.

@DaveNan this is really good information. I was just struggling to understand how RD worked from the IG. We've only rope dropped from the front of Epcot before.

@gap2368 thank you for the YouTube video link! I watched it yesterday and it was fascinating to watch! Even with TT closed, it gave really good info comparing and contrasting RD from the front and IG at Epcot.

If Epcot opens at 9 and you wanted to do as many standby lines as possible, how early would you be at the gate waiting for rope drop?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!