Dumb Logistical Epcot Rope Drop Question

Little E

DIS Veteran
I have a question regarding rope dropping Epcot. We are thinking of booking at Beach Club for spring break 2020, because we like the idea of being able to walk to both Epcot and HS. We have never stayed at any of the Boardwalk area resorts, so this is sort of new territory for us.

If I'm thinking correctly, walking from Beach Club, we'd enter Epcot through the International Gateway, and this would put us in the World Showcase area. If memory serves, the WS area typically opens later in the morning than the front part of Epcot. So, how do you rope drop through the IG? Do they let you walk through the WS even when it is closed?

I'm a little confused, and I wanted to get this straight in my head before we go ahead and book BC.

TIA for your wisdom, Dis friends!

Also, there are 2 bakeries open in WS before the rest of it opens...in France & Norway. (I think they are the only 2 places open early, but someone else can chime in if I'm wrong about that. :) ) So you can choose to go to those if you rope drop at IG. :)

Wow! @gap2368 thanks for the tip! I'll definitely check out the YouTube videos! @DisLiss, good to know that there are some yummy bakeries on our way to the rides at Epcot! Thanks!

Also, there are 2 bakeries open in WS before the rest of it opens...in France & Norway. (I think they are the only 2 places open early, but someone else can chime in if I'm wrong about that.)

Norway's attractions (Frozen Ever After and Elsa & Anna Meet 'n Greet) are also open every morning.
And, also the gift shops in Norway will be open.

Piggybacking off of OPs original question, I have 2 EPCOT days in my upcoming trip. One of which I was planning on rope dropping but it's going to be an EMH morning...would it be better to do the non EMH morning or does it not make that much of a difference?

Piggybacking off of OPs original question, I have 2 EPCOT days in my upcoming trip. One of which I was planning on rope dropping but it's going to be an EMH morning...would it be better to do the non EMH morning or does it not make that much of a difference?
Are you staying at Disney?

Ok. I have never done too many rope drops and I had heard that its best to avoid parks on their EMH days. Is that no longer the case?

We always rope drop AM EMH and then hop to another park or back to the resort around noon.

Evening EMH we don’t usually bother with. They always seem busier because non-resort guest can stay to shop and eat, just not ride (although many discussions on that topic...) and PM EMH don’t go as late as they used to.

Ok. I have never done too many rope drops and I had heard that its best to avoid parks on their EMH days. Is that no longer the case?
If you are going to an EMH park, be there before RD. After EMH ends and the park opens, you can decide to stay or hop.
Our last trip, we didn't realize MK had EMH our last day. Got to the park at 8:45 and the lines were already very long for everything. Luckily, we had early FPs and were able to get more.

If you are eligible to attend EMH:
Better to stay away from AM EMH park if you intend to stay there well into that day.
But, if you want shorter lines, arriving enough before AM EMH starts to enter the gates when they first open, then heading directly to the attraction(s) you most want to ride DURING that EMH, will find fewer guests.
The general rule is that the earlier the hour, the fewer the guests.
The fact that most guests "will NOT get up early on vacation," enables
those who WILL make the effort to reap the benefits.
Then, as the morning gets later and the "sleeper-inners" (and/or non-WDW resort guests) start to clog the lines, AM EMH guests can exit that park for other parts of WDW.

If you are eligible to attend EMH:
Better to stay away from AM EMH park if you intend to stay there well into that day.
But, if you want shorter lines, arriving enough before AM EMH starts to enter the gates when they first open, then heading directly to the attraction(s) you most want to ride DURING that EMH, will find fewer guests.
The general rule is that the earlier the hour, the fewer the guests.
The fact that most guests "will NOT get up early on vacation," enables
those who WILL make the effort to reap the benefits.
Then, as the morning gets later and the "sleeper-inners" (and/or non-WDW resort guests) start to clog the lines, AM EMH guests can exit that park for other parts of WDW.

What i'm trying to decide on is doing EMH on the 4th or regular rope drop on the 7th

What i'm trying to decide on is doing EMH on the 4th or regular rope drop on the 7th
As I said, generally, the earlier the hour, the fewer the guests.
AM EMH can "pay off" if you arrive early for it, and can then choose to exit that park if it starts to "fill" as the morning progresses.

A "regular hours" morning will be, well, "regular."
(No particular "advantage," one way or the other.)

Like every single decision at WDW...
The guest has to make a "judgement call."
Play the percentages and hope for the better outcome.

I would have sworn that we did Pirates and Big Thunder on AM EMH at the Magic Kingdom last Summer. Am I not remembering correctly or within the last year have they removed those from AM EMH?

I would have sworn that we did Pirates and Big Thunder on AM EMH at the Magic Kingdom last Summer. Am I not remembering correctly or within the last year have they removed those from AM EMH?
Only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland attractions are open for MK AM EMH. This was also true for last year ( and for many years before.)
It is possible that you attended on a day that MK was open “ regular hours” at 8AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter