Duffy the Disney Bear!

Is Duffy still available any place in DLR? DW saw him for the first time on the Christmas parade and is now enamored. We're headed there in a couple of weeks for a milestone birthday (one that ends on "0"), so finding him would make the trip extra special. Thanks!

Duffy is exclusively at DCA. He (and his merchandise) can be found at Paradise Pier in DCA.

Enjoy your trip,
Dreams

You can also buy Duffy at the main gift shop when you first go into DCA. That's where I bought him right before Christmas.

How exactly does it differ from "My Disney Bear"? :lovestruc Which is the teddy bear I got 4 years ago at WDW. Is it any bigger or smaller? Is it true that you can only get it at DCA in California? How much does it cost if you get it there, as opposed to the online store? I'd rather skip the whole online ordering and shipping fees if it'll cost any cheaper at the parks.

Finally, Is Shellie-May,Duffy's girlfriend available State side yet? Thanks for the help!

IMG_1712.jpg

Kristan

Duffy is very similar to "My Disney Bear" but about the size of a Build a Bear. I think there have been a lot of "My Disney Bears", so I'm not sure what size yours is. You can find regular Duffy all over the Disneyland Resort now, as I understand it, but the best spot is still the store near Ariel's Grotto.

I know marcemc but I'd like to know if it's cheaper to just get the bear(s) at the park instead of going online. :confused:

Same price as far as I know, unless there's a glitch on the website (for a few days they had the Halloween bear for $21, I think it was, but now he's back to the regular price). But you don't have to pay shipping at the parks, and you can pick out your own bear.

Some Cast Members have said that Shellie May will come out late this year or early next year (maybe for or by Valentine's Day). But nothing has been officially announced.

omg. i want a duffy bear now. so cute, and the mickey birthmark is just adorable.

can you buy him in DCA in different outfits, like build-a-bear style outfits, or just the sailor costume?

his story is just too cute... i think he'll be one of our first stops inside DCA when we are there in early Nov

So excited so get my Duffy as well! I will be going to mickeys Halloween party as well so I will be taking some pictures. :)

can you buy him in DCA in different outfits, like build-a-bear style outfits, or just the sailor costume?

his story is just too cute... i think he'll be one of our first stops inside DCA when we are there in early Nov

The way Disney markets Duffy is interesting. You can buy a 12" bear pre-dressed in certain outfits (which are often sewn on, though I think with skill some or most of them could be removed). They do NOT sell additional outfits for that smaller bear.

Or you can buy a Build-a-Bear size (18"?) bear with no clothes and then buy different outfits to put on him. Though I only have a tiny magnet Duffy (who I sew for!), my favorites of the full-sized bear outfits available are the sailor one and the pirate one pirate: but there are a few other nice ones. You might find some of them to be overpriced.

That bigger Duffy will fit fine into Build-a-Bear clothes, if you would rather go that route.

omg. i want a duffy bear now. so cute, and the mickey birthmark is just adorable.

There are a few sizes of Duffy. One size has various outfits that you can buy (separately) that all fit on him. Ex: Scottish outfit, baseball, sailor, French outfit, other international outfits, Buzz, cowboy (Woody), and more.

Then there is another size Duffy (smaller) that has various holiday outfits (ex: New Year's), BUT with this Duffy, each outfit is sold ON a Duffy. So if you want the outfit, you have to buy another Duffy that comes with the clothes you want. (This is NOT the case with the aforementioned Duffy.

Then there is a big Duffy that I don't believe they sell any clothes for at all, but my goodness is he cute!

Hope this helps,
Dreams

I find it interesting that Duffy is following in the popularity of Build-a-Bear which is right there in DTD (of course there are other BABWS locations througout the US). BABWS in DTD sells DTD exclusive BAB merchandise, including special Disney "bears" (not all are actually bears).

There are differences of course and Disney is really trying to capitalize on the enormous popularity of Duffy in Japan.

Duffy is cute and cuddly and it will be interesting to see how well he does here in the US and what impact it might have on Build-a-Bear. They could be complimentary, with each growing as the overall popularity of this size stuffed animal increases ... or they could hurt sales of one another.

I got my Duffy from the Disney Store at a mall in Valencia (where Six Flags Magic Mountain is). I love him so much! <3 So soft and cuddly~

I'm surprised that Duffy is just now making his way to DLR. When we were last in WDW in September of 2011, he was all over EPCOT. I'm normally not a stuffed animal type of girl, but I wanted one b/c he was soft and cuddly, looks like an old fashioned teddy bear, and wanted something to hug and think of my husband. We got married at WDW during that visit and Hubbs was deploying a month later.

I didn't have him more than two months before he began to fall apart (Duffy, not my husband). I hope I bought a "lemon" and that most other bears are more durable...especially when being loved by a child versus a 31 year-old :rotfl2:

Duffy has been all over DLR for several years. He is not new. In fact you could meet Duffy overin his special meet and greet area at DCa starting a few years back.

- Dreams

bozley0621 said:
I'm surprised that Duffy is just now making his way to DLR. When we were last in WDW in September of 2011, he was all over EPCOT. I'm normally not a stuffed animal type of girl, but I wanted one b/c he was soft and cuddly, looks like an old fashioned teddy bear, and wanted something to hug and think of my husband. We got married at WDW during that visit and Hubbs was deploying a month later.

I didn't have him more than two months before he began to fall apart (Duffy, not my husband). I hope I bought a "lemon" and that most other bears are more durable...especially when being loved by a child versus a 31 year-old :rotfl2:

Duffy has been at DLR for a while also. He was there on our first trip in 2011. My girls fell instantly in love with him! On our last trip, I went to get RSR FPs while my sister took my girls on the Paradise Pier rides. They ended up at the Duffy store. DD8 was wearing her Duffy ears and carrying her stuffed Duffy in his Mickey Mouse Club outfit (he's her constant companion) and a CM struck up a conversion with them. My sister said the CM asked them if they had met Duffy, they said they hadn't (actually, for a few trips - we hadn't seen him out), so the CM got on the phone, saying she had a couple of fans who wanted to meet Duffy. I arrived just in time to see Duffy arrive and the CM walk my girls over to be first to meet him. Duffy got kisses on the cheek from my girls, danced with them, etc. - it was awesome!

I must not have been very observant. I just noticed him at DCA for the first time this past weekend. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!